Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• From FR "Simon Lappin Could go to Charlton for 300K"

29 year old Scottish midfielder who played regularly for Norwich in League 1 and the Championship until he had appendicitis.

Might have been a rumour made up by Bunny ;-)

29 year old Scottish midfielder who played regularly for Norwich in League 1 and the Championship until he had appendicitis.

Pearls before swine CA : - )

Very good Charente. Many here I suppose will not get it, having little idea of the French language! Ha Ha

• He is a relative of the king of Spain. If we sign him I very much look forward to singing "Simon Lappin king of Spain, king of Spain, Simon Lappin king of spain, he looks Spanish"
  • they call Simon Lappin 'the king of spain'... because he has dark skin.

Norwich fans are a hoot!
  • He's mustard for them.
  • Melrose said:

From FR "Simon Lappin Could go to Charlton for 300K"

Very good Charente. Many here I suppose will not get it, having little idea of the French language! Ha Ha

Winky, smiley thing. If your French is up to scratch.
  • Lappin, mustard.......sauce ? ;0)
  • Moutarde, you mean, Shooters?
  • Oggy Red said:

Moutarde, you mean, Shooters?

Damn you Oggy ;0)

• Sponsored links:

• Just been noted Killer. West Ham have confirmed they've accepted no bids and Bristolians have said that paper seem to b/s a lot
  • I have been an 'observer' on this site for quite a time now. I love all of the topics, posts and candid comments.

I share all of your frustrations regarding the lack of activity around signings this season plus the lack of information as to why we arent making any signings.

I can tell you what I know from what I regard as a reliable source (definitely not a FR reliable source either). It makes me feel a bit more positive on the financial standing of our great club too.

We will not be signing Baldock. A fee was agreed but we couldnt agree personal terms with him because he is a greedy b*sta*d.

I was also 'frightened' to find out that there is a good chance that we will sign Jay Bothroyd (again) this week.

We will then wait until the Prem teams announce their squds of 25 before we go for selected loan targets.

• I was also 'frightened' to find out that there is a good chance that we will sign Jay Bothroyd (again) this week.

nooooooo!
  • edited July 2012
    Speaking of loans I wouldn't mind Eccleston back you know. I thought he had something about him. He didn't have the best time here but I think this squad is a lot more inclusive than that one. He was fast, tricky and linked up well. From 3.30 in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtDBT4U3Ec4
    Lovely play.
  • Interesting first post Lower, nice to hear some positivity regarding the finances. I think I read that SB was after better personal on another thread.
    RE Bothroyd, depending on fee/wages I'd have him back, hes improved a hell of a lot since he was here with us last time.
  • The thing is, Bothroyd did really well for Cardiff in this league, geting an England call up, not sure where he'd fit in the team though, cover for Yann?
  • Bothroyd wasn't good enough in the Prem, but he was a great player for Cardiff a couple of years ago, if he was committed he would be ideal competition to Kermorgant, but is he a bit too mercenary?
  • I think Bothroyd did well in his spell with us. Cracking left foot from free kicks.
  • I can see legs in this Bothroyd rumour. We are not going to be spending big and decent cover / competition is where we are at. Would keep Kermorgant on his toes and He's experienced. I also worry about Keeping Kerm fit for a whole season given his penchant for sticking his head in where it very much hurts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Eccleston won't be back. Attitude worse than Leon Clarke apparently.

(something a highly rated u18's left winger needs to be very careful of too)
  • If anyone thinks signing Bothroyd wouldn't fall into the "spending big" category they are crackers.

Probably earning more than Baldock. No chance of him coming on anything but a loan.
  • Is reportedly on £25k a week, £2.5 appearence at QPR.
  • edited July 2012
    Bothroyd is possibly going to be one of the players anxious to see if they are named in their club's 25-man Premier League squad.

If he's not, then he and his club will be looking to send him out on loan, no doubt?

I can see us picking up 1 or 2 fringe Prem players on loan towards the end of August.
  • Jermaine Beckford has been told he can leave Leicester...doubt we could afford the wages but I think Yann and Beckford upfront would be deadly. Leeds are favourites to sign him
  • Ian Dennis ‏@Iandennisbbc
    West Ham have agreed a 2m pound loan fee with Liverpool for Andy Carroll. Its with a view to a 17m deal providing #WHUFC stay in the PL.

Baldock must be on the move now
  • http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7951299/

Alan Judge has turned down a new contract, always looked handy.
  • jakecafc said:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7951299/

Alan Judge has turned down a new contract, always looked handy.

Jury's out on that one

• Christ Powell also confirms that #cafc in talks with Salim Kerkar and his representative about a potential deal

From the very ethical, professional and super Buddha Cawley
  • Am off to Crawley so hoping to see Kerkar and Devite (sp), what have peoples impressions been of Kerkar so far and what type of midfielder is he?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!