Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Redhenry said:

I thought Stephens started the season well and was playing with an injury for some of the games, Stevenage away was one. He was looking back to his best towards the end of the season.
    Although any signings that will improve the team would be good.

I agree, also think he will get a bit more time on the ball in the Campionship. I believe he will become a great player.
  • Redhenry said:

Must agree with GH. If we only strengthen one position then I would prefer it to be CM. Only real position of weakness. Anyone else would be icing on the cake.

disagree. I think Bover JJ, Wilson and (I expect him to sign) Kerkar will be good cover. I'd like a ball playing CB to ensure we don't get lazy and go route one as we did for much of winter. Smith good back up for Yann, Cook promising, but Baldock would be the other signing I'd like.
    Not talking about cover. None of our central midfield are good enough and I want someone proven in the Championship that is. That is not to say our current midfielders can't cut it this season but on last years showing that area will be a considerable weakness this time around.

Bit harsh don't think we've seen the best of stephens yet.
    Is it harsh though ? Stephens flattered to deceive last season and although I think he has real potential it's not something we can guarantee from what I've seen. We definitely need a straight out of the box into the first team midfielder IMHO.

Agree, Stephens has something about him, but I found him frustrating. I can see him pushing on, but I'd like a new CM that offers something different and improves on what we've got. A Scott Parker of the Championship would be ideal, bit more pace, aggression and strength, someone that can drive forward with the ball.

As Oggy said, for me any combination of Stephens, Hollands, Jackson and Green in a midfield 2, 3 or 4 lacks the pace and energy we'll need, even more so in the Champ.
  • Would like Baldock (although I think it's unlikely to happen) - but do not want to lose Solly - great defenders are very hard to come by....
  • Scoham said:

Redhenry said:

Must agree with GH. If we only strengthen one position then I would prefer it to be CM. Only real position of weakness. Anyone else would be icing on the cake.

disagree. I think Bover JJ, Wilson and (I expect him to sign) Kerkar will be good cover. I'd like a ball playing CB to ensure we don't get lazy and go route one as we did for much of winter. Smith good back up for Yann, Cook promising, but Baldock would be the other signing I'd like.
    Not talking about cover. None of our central midfield are good enough and I want someone proven in the Championship that is. That is not to say our current midfielders can't cut it this season but on last years showing that area will be a considerable weakness this time around.

Bit harsh don't think we've seen the best of stephens yet.
    Is it harsh though ? Stephens flattered to deceive last season and although I think he has real potential it's not something we can guarantee from what I've seen. We definitely need a straight out of the box into the first team midfielder IMHO.

Agree, Stephens has something about him, but I found him frustrating. I can see him pushing on, but I'd like a new CM that offers something different and improves on what we've got. A Scott Parker of the Championship would be ideal, bit more pace, aggression and strength, someone that can drive forward with the ball.

As Oggy said, for me any combination of Stephens, Hollands, Jackson and Green in a midfield 2, 3 or 4 lacks the pace and energy we'll need, even more so in the Champ.
    Waggy and BP have the energy and pace to impact but need defence to step up 5/10 yards to stop them being isolated. DS pulling strings but needs to do so in oppo half, not ours. Pace upfront with Yann/Smith drpping off. Sorted.
  • Powell wants 2 players for every position, means we need another with Pritchard, Stephens and Hollands.

Even if we got 4-3-3 and include Jackson, we'll probably then need 5 CMs.

Wilson not really cover for me, nor would I want to see Wagstaff or Green in CM, even in a 3.

Bover's not ready yet - if we get a few injuries I wouldn't be confident with him having to play a long a run of games.

Might sign Kerkar, but if we can sign proven Champ quality we should. Same with CB and up front.
  • Sunderland have apparently bid £12m for Wolves striker Fletcher. Madness. If that's how the transfer market is at the moment you can see why we're struggling to sign players.
  • I think Pritchard will have a good season and could be CPs "secret weapon". I think think this guy could be the missin midfield dynamo.
    If not we need one.
  • @FL_92 Micheal Owen has held talks with 2 championship clubs, believed to be Bolton and Charlton #cafc #bwfc
  • @Soccer_Advisor #CAFC and #LUFC have enquired about the possibility of loaning #AFC striker #BenikAfobe #EPL #Talent
  • Let me just scrape the bottom of that barrel.
  • Sponsored links:

• You're such a rascal Rich
  • Watcha talking about Arnold
  • WSS said:

@FL_92 Micheal Owen has held talks with 2 championship clubs, believed to be Bolton and Charlton #cafc #bwfc

Owen has said he wont drop into the championship and that he is close to signing with a premiership side.

• Stebo said:

WSS said:

@FL_92 Micheal Owen has held talks with 2 championship clubs, believed to be Bolton and Charlton #cafc #bwfc

Owen has said he wont drop into the championship and that he is close to signing with a premiership side.

Like we could afford to pay his wages anyway... ridiculous!
  • He will join qpr, like everyone else
  • Wednesday have just signed Rhys McCabe from Rangers, beating Everton and Swansea to his signature, don't know how we did it but we did.
  • He probably had heard that Wednesday were more Massive than Everton or Swansea.
  • Who made this rumour up about Owen?
  • Wednesday have just signed Rhys McCabe from Rangers, beating Everton and Swansea to his signature, don't know how we did it but we did.

Not THE Rhys McCabe !

• who

you know! The lad who's played 9 games for Rangers
  • Sponsored links:

• who

And totally bossed the old firm game and was approached by Everton and Swansea - yeah that lad.

• Signing from the Scottish third division, not that inspiring. ;-)
  • who

And totally bossed the old firm game and was approached by Everton and Swansea - yeah that lad.

Linked with Pompey is all I can find ...
  • We got Dale Stephens who was linked to Everton last year.
  • edited July 2012

Wednesday have just signed Rhys McCabe from Rangers, beating Everton and Swansea to his signature, don't know how we did it but we did.

probably becuase they wasnt actually in for him, his agent just made it up so you lot offered more
  • Can't believe we missed out on Rhys McCabe.

Powell Out.
  • who

This the game you are on about? He had a hand in one of the goals, i will give you that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17803512

• shirty5 said:

who

This the game you are on about? He had a hand in one of the goals, i will give you that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17803512

Looks like Celtic stopped scoring the minute he came off...
  • Valley11 said:

Sunderland have apparently bid £12m for Wolves striker Fletcher. Madness. If that's how the transfer market is at the moment you can see why we're struggling to sign players.

I think the player is grossly under-rated, if he looked like a spanish 'superstar' and had a name like fernando I don't think many people would bat an eye lid at this price.
  • From FR "Simon Lappin Could go to Charlton for 300K"

29 year old Scottish midfielder who played regularly for Norwich in League 1 and the Championship until he had appendicitis.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!