Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Must agree with GH. If we only strengthen one position then I would prefer it to be CM. Only real position of weakness. Anyone else would be icing on the cake.

disagree. I think Bover JJ, Wilson and (I expect him to sign) Kerkar will be good cover. I'd like a ball playing CB to ensure we don't get lazy and go route one as we did for much of winter. Smith good back up for Yann, Cook promising, but Baldock would be the other signing I'd like.
  • CM depends on Stephens, he has the potential to be one of the best in the division imho but needs to find consistency and could be like a new signing if he gets fully fit and firing.

CB and another striker should be the priorities.
  • A CM and CB both better than what we have for me. A striker to improve on BWP would be a bonus.
  • cafcdan18 said:

CM depends on Stephens, he has the potential to be one of the best in the division imho but needs to find consistency and could be like a new signing if he gets fully fit and firing.

CB and another striker should be the priorities.

Dan, Exactly right on DS, but he will be ineffective if he has to retreat into our half to collect the ball hence a footballing CB.
  • edited July 2012
    If that's true about West ham wanting solly in part exchange for baldock think we should tell them to stick it and look elsewhere... try and sign vokes instead
  • I think if it's decent money (i.e. £1.5m+) and Baldock then I'd take it.
  • WSS said:

I think if it's decent money (i.e. £1.5m+) and Baldock then I'd take it.

I agree...That would still leave Wilson as first choice RB plus Cousins as cover. 1.5m to spend on a CM and a CB

• TravHouse said:

WSS said:

I agree...That would still leave Wilson as first choice RB plus Cousins as cover. 1.5m to spend on a CM and a CB

I think I might agree with that - hard to say though. The temptation is to think right back isn't that important a position. Thing is, I think Solly, as well as being a great player, is also symbolic of the club. Youth product that is growing with us. I'd hate to see him go.
  • Of course, I'd be gutted if Solly went as well. It's not a slight on Chris at all.
  • i doubt they value Solly at £3m. They're probably after a straight swap
  • Sponsored links:

• WSS said:

Of course, I'd be gutted if Solly went as well. It's not a slight on Chris at all.

No I can see where you're coming from. Money and Baldock sounds appealing. And we have back up at RB. Tempting - if the deal is even on the table.

• I think this thread should be re-named to Unrealistic Rumours and another one launced that my contain some basis of credability. Unless TJ comes up with some money I very mucfh doubt we will be signing anyone for anything over a feww hundred grand and certainly nothing over £5k- £6k a week - so you forget your Simon Cox, Sam Baldocks etc anf join the real world (at the same time trying reading the Reg Varny thread)
  • WSS said:

100% agree.
  • edited July 2012

I think Powell plans to play jacko in cmand as a result it might be a left winger we need.

In that case Cook may well be the answer?
    He'd provide creativity and flair.

For a more compact defensive gameplan, then maybe that's why SCP is giving Kerkar an extended trial. I would guess he would compliment Wiggins well, and play the compact passing game that Jacko played so effectively last season.

All conjecture, of course.

• Re Jackson in CM midfield, he has been with us 2 seasons and neither Parkinson or Powell has played him as a CM in League 1, see no reason why after so long and the increase in level he will be moved inside.
  • edited July 2012
    cafcdan18 said:

Re Jackson in CM midfield, he has been with us 2 seasons and neither Parkinson or Powell has played him as a CM in League 1, see no reason why after so long and the increase in level he will be moved inside.

Jacko himself has commented on his own lack of pace.
    SCP is experimenting using him in a role where he's not so likely to get exposed.

Scoham has often mentioned the fact that our often 1st choice midfield 4 is so one-paced ...... if it's obvious to many of us on here, you can bet it's obvious to SCP and his coaching staff.

Now after promotion to a higher level, it's likely to cost us points if the midfield is not brought up to a competitive Championship standard.

• If we continue this 4-3-3 formation then it may very well be Kermo, Haynes/BWP and Waggy/Green/Cook up front, with Jacko, Stephens and Hollands in the middle. Another central midfielder gives us options in the middle, but with Pritchard, Bover and Wilson able to play I think we look okay numbers wise in the middle. If Kerkar comes in then our attacking options are fine.

Centre back is definite priority!
  • Must agree with GH. If we only strengthen one position then I would prefer it to be CM. Only real position of weakness. Anyone else would be icing on the cake.

disagree. I think Bover JJ, Wilson and (I expect him to sign) Kerkar will be good cover. I'd like a ball playing CB to ensure we don't get lazy and go route one as we did for much of winter. Smith good back up for Yann, Cook promising, but Baldock would be the other signing I'd like.
    Not talking about cover. None of our central midfield are good enough and I want someone proven in the Championship that is. That is not to say our current midfielders can't cut it this season but on last years showing that area will be a considerable weakness this time around.

• cafcdan18 said:

Re Jackson in CM midfield, he has been with us 2 seasons and neither Parkinson or Powell has played him as a CM in League 1, see no reason why after so long and the increase in level he will be moved inside.

Powell has played him to centre in all pre-season friendlys
    So this will be happening
  • I would like to see one more forward, one more midfielder and one more defender. If that ends up being Dervite, Kerkar and someone like Zak Ansah on loan, then so be it, if it's Baldock, Wordsworth and a very decent CB then credit to us
  • Sponsored links:

• Baldock and 3 mil is a good deal

Baldock and 2 mil is the minimum

Baldock and 1.5 mil is a shit deal
  • sam3110 said:

I would like to see one more forward, one more midfielder and one more defender. If that ends up being Dervite, Kerkar and someone like Zak Ansah on loan, then so be it, if it's Baldock, Wordsworth and a very decent CB then credit to us

What's Zak Ansah like? I've heard the name mentioned a million times, but it seems no bugger has seen him play. I know his old man is pure cafc.
  • Christian bolanos was he down here? Going to everton ?
  • I see he scored again in w.ham's latest pre-season game. Would love to be able to get him to no expensive of other team memebers (solly).
  • Christian bolanos was he down here? Going to everton ?

Ponytail? Think we missed out because he couldn't get a work permit or something.
  • Christian Bolanos. Playing in Denmark. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Bola%C3%B1os

Not talking about cover. None of our central midfield are good enough and I want someone proven in the Championship that is. That is not to say our current midfielders can't cut it this season but on last years showing that area will be a considerable weakness this time around.

Bit harsh don't think we've seen the best of stephens yet.
  • Redhenry said:

Must agree with GH. If we only strengthen one position then I would prefer it to be CM. Only real position of weakness. Anyone else would be icing on the cake.

Bit harsh don't think we've seen the best of stephens yet.
    Is it harsh though ? Stephens flattered to deceive last season and although I think he has real potential it's not something we can guarantee from what I've seen. We definitely need a straight out of the box into the first team midfielder IMHO.

• Apparently L.best at Blackburn has done his crucitae ligaments
  • I thought Stephens started the season well and was playing with an injury for some of the games, Stevenage away was one. He was looking back to his best towards the end of the season.
    Although any signings that will improve the team would be good.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!