Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• From the people.

Charlton chief Chris Powell wants to hijack West Brom striker Simon Cox mover to Rovers - by offering him a 1m - a year deal.

would love this signing. very good player maybe less of a big time charlie than baldock too.
  • Simon cox would be excellent.
    Bunny said:

Bunny said:

Some young lad I've never heard of is playing for us again today - Racon...must be a trialist.

So did Racon play well in your 2-0 defeat to Crawley :)
    According to reports, yes - when played in the middle. Can't see him being ahead of Abdou, Trotter, Wright or Mkandawire when the season starts though. But, according to the NewsatDen team he seems a good back option.

Hopefully he starts in the cup game though - I've never ever seen him on the pitch!

Racon is fine as a back up.
  • 20k a week for cox?
  • £20k a week for anyone?
  • Think the 20k puts the validity of the rumour in perspective.
  • Think the 20k puts the validity of the rumour in perspective.

That's apart from the rumoured £2 million transfer fee!

• Where do the press get these from? Absolutely no chance of signing Cox. Miles out of our financial range.
  • My guess is that we are seeing the start of a reality check at most clubs. It will take time but eventually these crazy wages will be a thing of the past at most clubs and some of these over-priced players will be left out on a limb if they don't get real too.
  • Charlton need a striker,Cox is looking for a new club,therefore Cox is joining Charlton.That is the way the press work,laughable.
  • I heard it was £20k basic with a bonus structure taking it up to circa £25k per week.

What a statement of intent that would be.

I really can't wait for us to sign Simon Cox!
  • Sponsored links:

• Where do the press get these from? Absolutely no chance of signing Cox. Miles out of our financial range.

Are you close to our money men? :-)
  • Phahahahahahahahaah

Norfolk Enchants

I doubt we were paying many players 20k a week in our years in the Premiership!
  • My guess is that we are seeing the start of a reality check at most clubs. It will take time but eventually these crazy wages will be a thing of the past at most clubs and some of these over-priced players will be left out on a limb if they don't get real too.

Apparently Sheffield United spent 127% of their turnover on wages in their relegation season.
  • Sure the wages sound alot, but who knows maybe he would come to cafc? Far more proven than baldock
  • Who cares what the wages in the contract are, £20K is fine....apparently we don't pay our players anyway!
  • Goal.com say an unnamed club have made a bid for Simon cox.. you never know
  • blackburn
  • No ambition or no money? That is all I want to know right now.
    I'd love for us to sign either Baldock or Cox but what I would really love to know is, what is going on within our beloved football club, It's doing me crust in. :/
  • BackPageWHU ‏@BackPageWHU
    Led to believe that a deal seeing Sam Baldock join Charlton on a permanent basis will only occur if we get Chris Solly in the deal
  • TravHouse said:

BackPageWHU ‏@BackPageWHU
    Led to believe that a deal seeing Sam Baldock join Charlton on a permanent basis will only occur if we get Chris Solly in the deal

What is and how much credibility is BackPageWHU

• Sponsored links:

• prob about as reliable as FR's!
  • TravHouse said:

prob about as reliable as FR's!

Good

• We keep on about Baldock but its centre mid field that should be a first priority --- loan--- free whatever.
  • TravHouse said:

BackPageWHU ‏@BackPageWHU

It's a no from me
  • The last thing we should be doing is weakening our defence. An additional striker would be great but if we lost Solly getting one in then what would be the point? Baldock is largely unproven at this level & anyway our midfield certainly weighed in with some goals to help the front two last season so hopefully more of the same please.
  • Think Hollands and Stephens will start the season there
  • Must agree with GH. If we only strengthen one position then I would prefer it to be CM. Only real position of weakness. Anyone else would be icing on the cake.
  • I'm pretty sure Blackburn are keen on him.
  • Simon Lappin linked on FR. £300k from Norwich.

On a more hilarious thread, so is Kanu. Lolz.
  • I think Powell plans to play jacko in cmand as a result it might be a left winger we need.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!