Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Bunny said:

Bubble said:
    I heard Friend was pretty much an Ipswich Town Player for £250k odd and has all but signed.
    seems Jewell was signing him on the basis that someone else was going to Villa but that now seems unlikely so Friend has decided to go to Boro

• goes to show that football-rumours is full of crap as I just read on there that Friend turned boro down cause they couldn't guarantee him first team football.
  • Bunny said:

Bubble said:
    I heard Friend was pretty much an Ipswich Town Player for £250k odd and has all but signed.
    seems Jewell was signing him on the basis that someone else was going to Villa but that now seems unlikely so Friend has decided to go to Boro

I guess that's the trouble with transfers these days - wages at Championship clubs are so big that there needs to be a lot of movement for certain transfers to go through.

A lot of Millwall fans keep wondering whether or not we will sign another striker - but there's no chance with both Henderson and Keogh on big wages. One would have to be moved on - and no way would we want to sell Keogh, and whilst Henderson is awaiting the outcome of an assault charge who's gonna take on his wages? No, we'll rely on Batt, Marquis and a loan (this Arsenal kid) as back up.

Although I can't imagine Friend was on that much at Rovers or was asking / being offered something by Middlesbrough that Ipswich couldn't match.
  • Just had a palace client in who says hes heard from a reliable Palace source they are in for Wagstaff

Won't happen, ever.
  • Think Powell doesn't need many more signings after our first 3 pre season games :)
  • ''there are also a few trialist lads who need a run-out'' - thought we only had two trialists ( kerkar and the chelsea reserve ) ?
  • sammy391 said:

''there are also a few trialist lads who need a run-out'' - thought we only had two trialists ( kerkar and the chelsea reserve ) ?

there was about 15 the other day

• Not really for a rumours thread but the situation as I have been told it is. We have a players and staff budget and as I have previously posted this has been known since just after the initial we are going bust story broke. The player budget is currently maxed out. As Hayes is virtually being dragged out of the door kicking and screaming that makes sense to me.

There is also some additional funding available. However, as previously advised there is a rather large obstacle preventing us from getting access to it. It was the situation 2-3 weeks ago and is the same today.

I believe what I'm being told.

Someone within the club wants to run before we can walk and everyone else is warning them not to. the main backer wants to take it slow but sure. I am sure this will work out

squad will be added to when the time is right - powell's words, not mine. He didn't give me any idea who he was after though!

• Sounds decent. Spurs youth who had knee injury then went On loan to Southend, finishing runner up in their player of year vote.
    Played for Villareal B last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dorian Devite, 24 is a French centre-back formerly of Spurs. Olivier Lusamba, 19 is a French striker who last played for Nancy.

Dean Florence, 18 is a former Norwich midfielder. While Fabio Sairava plays for Merstham Town

James Ashton is a versatile Chelsea midfielder.
  • All the above are trialists today
  • Devite was thought to be signing for Huddersfield earlier this month.
  • Some young lad I've never heard of is playing for us again today - Racon...must be a trialist.
  • Bunny said:

Some young lad I've never heard of is playing for us again today - Racon...must be a trialist.

Must be sunny and dry today then

• Bunny said:

Some young lad I've never heard of is playing for us again today - Racon...must be a trialist.

So did Racon play well in your 2-0 defeat to Crawley :)
  • None of the triallists today did enough to warrant signing.

The striker was particularly woeful.
  • Lasumba looked poop, very bad touch!
  • None of the triallists today did enough to warrant signing.

Not even the centre half?
  • Valley11 said:

None of the triallists today did enough to warrant signing.

As I've already said. He is no better than Ajayi or Mambo so what's the point?

• Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

Must have missed where you wrote specifically about the defender.
  • Valley11 said:

in your opinion. plus was just 1 game

• I was at the game today - and I would like to see some more of Devite.
    He has a nice touch, and is comfortable on the ball. Also his height would add (or retain if he replaced Cort) some set piece threat.

It is hard to simply say he is no better than Ajayi or Mambo - a CB in a game like this will only do what he needs to do if you catch my drift. With his pedigree, you would expect he would be better at adapting (compared to, say Mambo) when up against Bolton, Wolves, or Leicester.
  • Dany N'Guessan came on as a sub for Stevenage today
  • thought he was under contract at millwall?
  • Valley11 said:

If i remember correctly you also thought that Bover didn't stand out at welling a few weeks back, so If it ok with you i'll park your thoughts on palyers until I see them myself. I'm hoping to go to Crawley so I also hope he is there so I can cast my beedy eye over him.........

• Bunny said:

So did Racon play well in your 2-0 defeat to Crawley :)
    According to reports, yes - when played in the middle. Can't see him being ahead of Abdou, Trotter, Wright or Mkandawire when the season starts though. But, according to the NewsatDen team he seems a good back option.

Hopefully he starts in the cup game though - I've never ever seen him on the pitch!

• Splodge said:

Dany N'Guessan came on as a sub for Stevenage today

Funny - he also come on for us at Crawley.
  • Bunny said:

Splodge said:

Dany N'Guessan came on as a sub for Stevenage today

Funny - he also come on for us at Crawley.
    He's here, he's there, he's every ******* where ........N'Guesson, N'Guesson

• From the people.

Charlton chief Chris Powell wants to hijack West Brom striker Simon Cox mover to Rovers - by offering him a 1m - a year deal.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!