Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• who said that?
  • WSS said:

@FL_92 Micheal Owen has held talks with 2 championship clubs, believed to be Bolton and Charlton #cafc #bwfc

i just heard from my cousins best friends wife that her brother in laws second cousin, who lived in the same road as Micheal Owen a few years back but stays in touch with him via the milkmans wifes sisters boyfriend said that when he heard Charlton was on the phone his response was ' Tell Sir Bobby that im a bit busy watching my goal in France 98, as that whats everybody remembers me for'

thats how a rumour is started!!!!!!
  • WSS said:

@FL_92 Micheal Owen has held talks with 2 championship clubs, believed to be Bolton and Charlton #cafc #bwfc

i just heard from my cousins best friends wife that her brother in laws second cousin, who lived in the same road as Micheal Owen a few years back but stays in touch with him via the milkmans wifes sisters boyfriend said that when he heard Charlton was on the phone his response was ' Tell Sir Bobby that im a bit busy watching my goal in France 98, as that whats everybody remembers me for'

thats how a rumour is started!!!!!!
    source?

• When I was walking out of the Valley vs H'pool some guy behind us went "Wright-Phillips is shit reckon we could get a swap deal for that Rhodes kid" seems legit if you ask me
  • Well, I just Googled her and it would seem she's very much alive....I think I'll simply write an obitury and file it for a rainy day.
    GreenWithEnvy....you really must stop spreading these rumours!

Hollywood Rumours!! Perhaps it is Murder, I wrote!

Anyway must keep to footy rumours on here lest I get silenced by others.
  • Bubble said:

who

you know! The lad who's played 9 games for Rangers
    And totally bossed the old firm game and was approached by Everton and Swansea - yeah that lad.

Linked with Pompey is all I can find ...
    http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-dave-jones-hails-owls-rhys-mccabe-coup-1-4788279

There you go mate, chuck QPR in that too.

Rangers fans are annoyed too so he must have some ability.

• Bubble said:

who

And totally bossed the old firm game and was approached by Everton and Swansea - yeah that lad.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-dave-jones-hails-owls-rhys-mccabe-coup-1-4788279

More ability than a Scottich Div 3 side...
  • We'll see but one thing is for sure, Dave Jones is no mug when it comes to players.
  • Bubble said:

who

Try and find a Rangers fan that's not "annoyed" right now
  • We'll see but one thing is for sure, Dave Jones is no mug when it comes to players.

Yeah reckon you'll piss the Championship.

• Sponsored links:

• Well done Op Pig. Interestingly we beat Barca and a host of others to the ex Franch U21 captain a couple of years ago and there was a lot of fanfare about that at the time because we were just a Championship team. I hope Wednesday are as successful with their signing as we were then.
  • Shame to see that Sam Vokes is in talks with Burnley reckon he could have been useful for us in the championship
  • edited July 2012

Shame to see that Sam Vokes is in talks with Burnley reckon he could have been useful for us in the championship

They had first dibs on him.

• guys give OP Pig a break, that is a very good sigining.

Can't wait to welcome that cry baby back to The Den.
  • Bunny said:

We'll see but one thing is for sure, Dave Jones is no mug when it comes to players.

Steve Tanner.
  • Addicks open Kerkar talks

Wednesday, 01 August 2012

By Richard Cawley

CHARLTON are in talks to sign trialist Salim Kerkar.

The 24-year-old midfielder is available on a free transfer and has been with the Addicks for the past couple of weeks.

Charlton boss Chris Powell told Tuesday's edition of the South London Press: “He’ll be with us again this week. We’re in discussions with him and his representative on whether we can do something. He has impressed.”

Former Tottenham defender Dorian Dervite, also trialling with the Addicks, is set to play in today’s friendly at Crawley.
  • that's no rumour - them facts. Take your direct quotes from SCP some place else :p
  • Bunny said:

We'll see but one thing is for sure, Dave Jones is no mug when it comes to players.

Steve Tanner.
    Must thank him - without him we wouldn't have got the chance to get rid of all the deadwood in the boardroom and dressing room and have a great day out at Wembley.

Anyway, back to Davey boy...I wonder if he'll have tears in his eyes again?
  • Was reading the article on bbc about Blackburn wanting two new strikers. A lot of comments from people who feel Goodwillie should be given a chance but he is clearly not in Steve Kean's plans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Latest FR .

01 Aug 2012 09:57:18
    Charlton are chasing Hamilton Academical starlets, Stephen Hendrie and Andy Ryan.

01 Aug 2012 09:27:36
    Just spotted Chris Powell of Charlton in leeds train station. Any ideas folks?

31 Jul 2012 20:30:18
    Andros Townsend waiting to see if he figures in AVBs plans. Charlton have enquired about him and Harry Kane.

30 Jul 2012 23:32:31
    Shrewsbury Town are looking to sign Charlton striker Leon Clarke on a season long loan.

30 Jul 2012 22:44:39
    Leeds United player Ramon Nunez will join newly promoted Charlton Athletic on a 2 year deal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Richard J said:

Latest FR .

cause we can't afford the petrol?

• Harry Kane was great for Wall last year (says my Millwall friend) and obviously Andros Townsend is superb. Would be delighted with both. Please for the love of christ say Shrewsbury is true
  • Stebo said:

Richard J said:

Latest FR .

cause we can't afford the petrol?

If we couldn't afford the petrol, there's no way we could afford a train fare!
  • Mohammed to the mountain or mountain to Mohammed ?
  • edited August 2012
    regarding the FR rumour, I found this on twitter:

The Town Dawg‏@itstheHTFChound

I am 99.5% sure I just spotted Chris Powell in Leeds train station. Even had the grumpysmirk n flash suit

So I presume this has some truth in it, nunez?
  • I'm going on holiday with Harry Kane's brother in a few weeks so I'll try and find out. By all accounts though, he loves KJ and if there was an opportunity to go back to Millwall I think he would.
  • DeeBee said:

Harry Kane was great for Wall last year (says my Millwall friend) and obviously Andros Townsend is superb. Would be delighted with both. Please for the love of christ say Shrewsbury is true

Kane was, as to was Townsend the season before last.

Sadly I think both will either be part of Spurs' Europa plans or loaned to bottom half premier league teams.

• DeeBee said:

Harry Kane was great for Wall last year (says my Millwall friend) and obviously Andros Townsend is superb. Would be delighted with both. Please for the love of christ say Shrewsbury is true

Kane was, as to was Townsend the season before last.

Sadly I think both will either be part of Spurs' Europa plans or loaned to bottom half premier league teams.

That's OK then , Bunster.

We can wait 12 months.
  • J BLOCK said:

regarding the FR rumour, I found this on twitter:

The Town Dawg‏@itstheHTFChound

I am 99.5% sure I just spotted Chris Powell in Leeds train station. Even had the grumpysmirk n flash suit

So I presume this has some truth in it, nunez?

Hope so from what i saw of him last season he is a great little flair player
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!