Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• edited August 2012
    More FR .

Wishful thinking about Wordsworth I suspect , Kerkar's signing makes this unlikely I feel.

However , Hayes to the U's makes sense as he is an Essex boy and moved to us last year partly because he wanted to move south but without the Wordsworth element of the deal I suspect it is no go because they couldn't afford him .It is because he wanted to move back south I can't see him moving back to Scunny.

The Solly rumour was packaged in a big post about the happy Hammers so I only cut and pasted the relevant part.

02 Aug 2012 12:01:53
    Charlton have an offer accepted for Colchester's Anthony Wordsworth. The deal is thought to be for around £600k plus Paul Hayes.

02 Aug 2012 11:07:33
    Scunthorpe United want to take Charlton Athletics Paul Hayes in, on a season long loan.

Chris Solly: West Ham currently in talkswith Charlton with a view to Swap/Cash deal including Sam Baldock
  • Sounds to me that FR have it about right at last....
  • Davo55 said:

Righto, I'm off to Menorca for a week.

Assuming he Board reads this, by the time I get back please can you have signed:

Harry McGuire
    Kalifa Cisse
    Anthony Wordsworth
    Sam Baldock

and a better back up keeper than JS.

All whilst keeping Chris Solly and our other best players.

And, if it's not too much trouble, please unload Leon Clarke - anywhere.

And, a nice big lottery win too if you please.

I got four number on Saturday Davo........45 bleeding quid.

Give the 45 quid to Shrewsbury, Soundas....... Could just swing the deal for them to afford Clarke
  • do you work for FR Richard?
  • Mike said:

do you work for FR Richard?

LOL

No I just enjoy the speculation on the site .

I don't take it seriously and sometimes it can be quite amusing because it is so ridiculous .

• edited August 2012
    Peterborough have rejected a bid from an un named club for striker Peter Taylor, could be us? Probably not but never know
  • Wordsworth would be a fabulous addition but might overload us in midfield

Would prefer another striker - or a centre half
  • Sounds to me that FR have it about right at last....

Really? Seems more like their usual 2+2=5 just like the solly rumour on this site. We were/are interested in baldock they were/are interested in solly. So people have put their computer game head on and said they would do a swap deal for cash. Think it's more likely us offering solly a new contract rather than selling him
  • Sincerely hope you're right, kentaddick
  • Blackburn with a 5 mill bid for Rhodes
  • Sponsored links:

• well if there's any true whatsoever that we're interested in David Goodwillie, then Blackburn landing Rhodes will only help that.
  • There just isn't any truth in david goodwille coming to us, none at all. His wages are one of many reasons why he will never come to us
  • David Goodwillie does not sound like a Powell type character if that makes sense.

• Can see Baldock a little bit but Goodwillie not even slightly. Dunno why
  • @hayesy9: I don't know where the rumours have come from, but I haven't heard anything about a loan move.

I get the impression he is not interested in moving. Probably happy to keep collecting his wages at Charlton which of course he is more than entitled to but a bit annoying if we need him off the books. The fact he has been playing with the CAFC XI squads clearly means he is not in Powell's plans.
  • Just seen this tweet as well from 3hrs ago

@hayesy9: Out of respect to the Scunny fans, I won't be coming bk to the club.
  • Or he would rather get a perm deal and cut ties from the club? He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would happily sit in the stands picking up 4-5k a week
  • Probably more to do with not wanting to move back up north having only just moved back to his native Essex.

He will go. Plenty of league one interest.
  • Got a feeling he will end up at colchester
  • To be fair, he went on loan to Wycombe to get football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Colchester with swap for Wordsworth please
  • edited August 2012
    South London Press says we're interested in Reading's Michail Antonio.
  • Gazcafc81 said:

Think he will be too expensive for us, but if true then that would be a fantastic signings. Plus would piss of the Wendies rather a lot.
  • Gazcafc81 said:

Think he will be too expensive for us, but if true then that would be a fantastic signings. Plus would piss of the Wendies rather a lot.
    We still dont know how much money we have (or not) - for all we know, he could be in budget.
  • Gazcafc81 said:

At least £700k apparently
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11703/7931930/Owls-given-winger-warning
    Presumably we'd shift waggy or green if we did get him so that would bring in a bit toward it.
  • edited August 2012
    Edit: Cheers @Ross_cafc ;)

• edited August 2012
    Hayes won't budge because no one else will match his wages and who can blame him. If he goes brentford, colchester etc can't see them giving him 6k a week
  • DeeBee said:

Can see Baldock a little bit but Goodwillie not even slightly. Dunno why

No I haven't seen mine since I came to Cornwall and started eating all those pasties.

• Hayes won't budge because no one else will match his wages and who can blame him. If he goes brentford, colchester etc can't see them giving him 6k a week

He's not on 6k a week it's 4.5k!

The one thing I can assure you is that he wants to play football. He is absolutely gutted that he is being pushed out at Charlton because he has enjoyed his time at the club and has fitted in well with the other players. He has also settled his family down here and doesn't want to move again.

There hasn't been that much interest, mainly because clubs are being put off by his wages. He recently had an enquiry from Malta, but is unlikely to be interested because of the reasons above. He is obviously on a decent wage, and yes, he could see out his contract, but playing football is his motivation at the end of the day.
  • Ahh. I heard he was on 6k. Maybe he started on 4.5 and it's gone up due to promotion. Even if it's 4.5 k. I guess the likes of brentford would only be willing to pay 2k a week if that.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!