Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• @Bunny

How do you know there is no one to one contact ?
  • @Bunny

I don't, personally.

I was merely speculating on what your fellow Charlton fans said.

Ask them.

• Who's actually selling the club to him seeing as powell is in spain? Over skype? Or phone? Let's hope who ever is selling the club to him does it well!

Keith Peacock?

• seeing as we have been chasing Baldock for weeks I'd suspect CP has already spoken to him. Ok he's slipped down the pecking order at West Ham but we are asking him to give up the chance of PL football. Big decision for him but it all boils down to whether he wants to play football or not. Be patient, it will be ok.
  • Bunny said:

@Bunny

I don't, personally.

I was merely speculating on what your fellow Charlton fans said.

Ask them.

If and it's a big if there is any truth in the rumour that Charlton have agreed a fee with West Ham then you can be 100% certain that Chris Powell will have spoken to Baldock already. Powell has only been out of the country since Monday. Would a fee be agreed without the manager speaking with the player ? Nonsense.

• That's why I was merely speculating - this is all based on hearsay.

All I know is Baldock's agent must be happy.
  • Bunny said:

Bunny said:

Hmm, if this was happening to Millwall I would almost think we were being had.

Let me explain...under Theo these kind of stories would be allowed to run and run - showing the plebs that we were in the Market for top players, and maybe convincing a few more to buy season tickets etc...

The player's agent loves it at it puts the player in the headlines.

Then when a bigger club swoops in the chairman can say we tried, but wages were a problem bla bla. Fans then take it out on player's greed rather than chairman.

The only reason I say this is because I can never imagine us signing a player on big money without Jackett being personally involved.

Seems an odd set up.

Well that's Millwall for you. I doubt very many Charlton fans feel that way about our club. If he doesn't sign it won't be because of some elaborate scam by the club.

That WAS Millwall...under Theo. Thankfully times are very different. Berylson is an excellent chairman and Pete an excellent fan on the board, who does carry a lot of weight.

So, you don't think it's odd that Charlton are in talks with a player who will be on big wages and command a decent fee, but without a title winning manager's one to one input?

You're only jealous, Bunny !

• Remind me how long spain is away and is there anyway of comuting between each country
  • What's to stop Powell flying over for a couple of hours anyway?

Training is at 9.30 & 7 so I'm sure Powell could fly over for an afternoon and then straight back if need be, but as others have said I'm sure he's spoken to Baldock.
  • How do you know baldock aint out there we aint on a tour of china

• Sponsored links:

• I think i told you this time last year people flew to america to speak to green and people said it was bollox but we signed him

• seeing as we have been chasing Baldock for weeks I'd suspect CP has already spoken to him. Ok he's slipped down the pecking order at West Ham but we are asking him to give up the chance of PL football. Big decision for him but it all boils down to whether he wants to play football or not. Be patient, it will be ok.

This.
  • edited July 2012
    I think Bunny has a point actually. Seriously where does the money come from to sign Baldock, let alone his wages, and the knock on effect of the wages for the whole squad?
    Either it is financed from club internal resources, in which case we would have to sell because our season ticket and other income won't finance the signing...especially of one single player. Or we get free(?) money from somewhere. It may ever be the case that in football there is a constant supply of free money to clubs (errm players and their agents actually), or if money is sourced (especially from Mysterons), but one day there will come a reckoning!
    We dismiss rumour of financial trouble at the club because folk say it is just that...rumour, where are the facts we ask. Yet we drink deep of rumour if it entails a possible signing paid for by a fairy godmother, and don't want to dismiss that and demand facts regarding how it would be financed..
    Strange world huh?
  • Powell has already spoke about Baldock which means we have probably had a bid accepted because Powell isn't the sort of manager to talk about other teams players unless he is allowed to. And if it is a big scam as the Millwall rabbit says then Powell wouldn't be involved in that.
  • Anyone remember those things called phones??
  • Bunny said:

OIC When we was shit! Run along WUM

I've never tried winding anyone on here up. You asked who.
    My Millwall mates have been telling me for about 3 months that they have been negotiating with WH for Baldock

• edited July 2012

• That was baldocks then ;)
  • seth plum said:

I think Bunny has a point actually. Seriously where does the money come from to sign Baldock, let alone his wages, and the knock on effect of the wages for the whole squad?
    Either it is financed from club internal resources, in which case we would have to sell because our season ticket and other income won't finance the signing...especially of one single player. Or we get free(?) money from somewhere. It may ever be the case that in football there is a constant supply of free money to clubs (errm players and their agents actually), or if money is sourced (especially from Mysterons), but one day there will come a reckoning!
    We dismiss rumour of financial trouble at the club because folk say it is just that...rumour, where are the facts we ask. Yet we drink deep of rumour if it entails a possible signing paid for by a fairy godmother, and don't want to dismiss that and demand facts regarding how it would be financed..
    Strange world huh?

Well we all know the disgust and dismay of Charlton fans when Mick Collins revealed the article of our previous approach to financial disaster
    I think we'd best bury our head in the sands and just hope promotion to the PL becomes a reality sooner rather than later before all the unpaid come knocking
    Failing that the mysterons may have fallen in love with the club immediately and have decided to piss the kids inheritance down the drain and we just gotta thank our lucky stars
  • http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/sport.cfm?id=25276&headline=Exclusive: Addicks close in on Doncaster defender

CHARLTON Athletic are closing in on a deal for Doncaster Rovers defender George Friend.

• Sponsored links:

• who says we got no money £100 K for George Friend
  • Their POTY, seems to be that left sided centre half Powell wants
  • sam3110 said:

Their POTY, seems to be that left sided centre half Powell wants

This
  • Seems like Powell knows who he wants!
  • Top signing if true
  • Gadzooks! Is it really possible that you can sign a player while the manager is in a different country?

It appears so..
  • Leon Cort, Morrison, Taylor, Friend. Two players for every position. Plus Mambo No5, who will probably go on loan somewhere again.
  • ill be the first to say it

'ooooh friend...ohhh football friend'
  • http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/sport.cfm?id=25276&headline=Exclusive: Addicks close in on Doncaster defender

CHARLTON Athletic are closing in on a deal for Doncaster Rovers defender George Friend.

Ticks all the boxes! Think 100k might be a steal as well

Did he have a loan spell at Southend? If he did and its the right bloke I saw him play a few seasons back and he was top notch then.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!