Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• fees used to be paid 50% on signing and 50% a year later. Now it's more likely than not to be spread over the life of the contract signed. As said Peterborough agreed a fee of 400k for Wilson so the fee we 'paid' is likely to be around that figure although how much the initial payment was is anyone's guess. The same would go for Baldock although I'm led to believe the fee is nearer 1m than 1.5m.

Peterborough seem to have had £1.2m accepted - http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/story-16548560-detail/story.html
    and Bristol City seem to be after him. So that could be the price, but depends on his terms and who he fancies playing for.
    I think Peterborough's bid was from last summer, I seem to remember Darren Ferguson being less than impressed with his attitude when he met him and withdrew interest.
  • Oh yes - just back from business lunch..hic!
  • Bubble said:
    Ambitious or full of himself?

Was mouthing off to fans last week when he scored a goal too. Have to wonder if he'll be a problem child?
  • I'm sure he is very happy at West Ham and would relish the chance of proving himself. However if he's now surplus as it seems and he is told he has little chance of forcing his way in then he'll be happy to move. Why would he say anything other than I'd rather stay and fight for my place. Same with Paul Hayes for us. Am certain he'd prefer to stay but realises his chances will be limited so will move on. As for Baldocks supposed fee of £1.5 million. Well we're now in a league where players that score goals AND might be able to step up to the PL are not going to cost any less than that. Hope he signs but hope more that if he does then we can afford it.
  • I don't see the advantage of a loan. If we get him I want it to be a permanent deal.
  • West Ham sign striker Modibo Maiga on 4 yr deal.
  • West Ham just signed Modibo Maiga which pushes him further down the pecking order
  • West ham have just signed Modibo maiga , a forward from mali
  • Rob62 said:

I don't see the advantage of a loan. If we get him I want it to be a permanent deal.

This.

Sometimes it feels like players on loan don't give 100%, If we can get him I want him permanently!

• Sponsored links:

• Just read this on Kumb:

"The same source who text my workmate about Mangane and Guti failing their medicals before anyone else ( and seemed to be spot on ) has just sent a text saying terms have been agreed for Baldock to move to Charlton on a permanent deal... hope it's not true but haven't seen this mentioned anywhere... again not claiming to be ITK just passing on info I have seen via text, see what comes of it"

kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=140843&start=12500

Interesting!
  • Gazcafc81 said:

Rob62 said:

I don't see the advantage of a loan. If we get him I want it to be a permanent deal.

This.

Sometimes it feels like players on loan don't give 100%, If we can get him I want him permanently!

Last season's loans were alright effort wise, depends on the individual.

• West Ham to offer Sam Baldock plus cash for Millwall's Liam Trotter.
  • edited July 2012
    Swisdom said:

Bubble said:
    Ambitious or full of himself?

Was mouthing off to fans last week when he scored a goal too. Have to wonder if he'll be a problem child?
    That article as I'm sure we are all aware, relates to last season. I have to say if I was Baldock I too wouldn't have wanted to sign a 4 yr contract for Peterboro. He did the right thing as signed for W Ham instead.
    Presumably, he now has to decide whether to play for W Ham reserves (if they have a reserve team) on a rumoured £15k per week, or play for Charlton (possibly first team) on less money.

TBH I would say it's a tough call for him.
  • Bunny said:

West Ham to offer Sam Baldock plus cash for Millwall's Liam Trotter.

Thats a good one

• Bunny said:

Who?

• edited July 2012
    Bunny said:
    West Ham to offer Sam Baldock plus cash for Charlton's Rodney Trotter.
  • Bunny said:

'lol'

What a signing this would be if we manage to get him, movement and finishing is imo much better than what we already have
  • Bunny said:

Who?

The midfielder who pulled Charlton all over the place in that 4-0 win.

• Bubble said:

Bunny said:

Thats a good one

To be fair, we're more able to pay his wages...not that we will. Unless Jackett really wanted him, perhaps.

• Sponsored links:

• OIC When we was shit! Run along WUM
  • OIC When we was shit! Run along WUM

I've never tried winding anyone on here up. You asked who.
  • You've only been a member since July 9
  • why does it matter when he signed up he's a decent poster, stop filling the thread with crap like has been said time and time again
  • Calm down Mike! are you Millwall too?
  • bloody hell grow up
  • Can't be bothered with popcorn.

Hasn't anybody got even a half-baked rumour instead?
  • No grow up.
  • There is a rumour that we might sign Baldock but he is also linked with Millwall but we're not allowed to discuss it.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!