Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• It now sounds (from reading some of the previous comments) that IF Baldock has had some talks with us then he's not that keen to come to us and would prefer to stay at WHU. IF that is the case then do we need someone like him playing for us, who feels he's above the club? I'd prefer a player who would be excited to play for us.
  • It now sounds (from reading some of the previous comments) that IF Baldock has had some talks with us then he's not that keen to come to us and would prefer to stay at WHU. IF that is the case then do we need someone like him playing for us, who feels he's above the club? I'd prefer a player who would be excited to play for us.

Green. totally agree with you, BUT we must remember this is total conjecture. No one really knows!........or do they?

• tend to not want to believe anyone that calls themself the moose

Too many bad "moose" memories Gal??? ;-)
  • Melrose said:

It now sounds (from reading some of the previous comments) that IF Baldock has had some talks with us then he's not that keen to come to us and would prefer to stay at WHU. IF that is the case then do we need someone like him playing for us, who feels he's above the club? I'd prefer a player who would be excited to play for us.

Green. totally agree with you, BUT we must remember this is total conjecture. No one really knows!........or do they?

Fairly sure that's why Green said if
  • If a deal was done that would indicate our finances are not too shabby!
  • colthe3rd said:

Melrose said:

It now sounds (from reading some of the previous comments) that IF Baldock has had some talks with us then he's not that keen to come to us and would prefer to stay at WHU. IF that is the case then do we need someone like him playing for us, who feels he's above the club? I'd prefer a player who would be excited to play for us.

Fairly sure that's why Green said if
    Stand corrected

• Personally I don't think it's a case of him thinking he is to big for us. More the fact he is scoring for west ham regularly. Scored 3 in his last 3 games I think. Someone mentioned he scored 5 in 6 before his injury last year so he probably feels he deserves a chance but spam allerdyce is being a helm. What more can he do.

Come on baldock. Get yourself down the valley.
  • I reckon Baldock is motivated by money and that's why he's dragging his feet. If WHU want to sweeten the deal there's gonna have to be a pay off
  • a potential £1.5m deal?!!!

surely not.

• Sponsored links:

• a potential £1.5m deal?!!!

surely not.

no chance!!
  • Rather give it a miss at that price
  • Mike said:

Rather give it a miss at that price

It all depends on the money we have. It is becoming increasingly clear that we are not in the sticky stuff as we thought (at least not anymore) and if the guy scores 20 in the Championship then it is worth it. So maybe £1.5m is what we can afford on a striker. Spend a decnt amount on a CB and CM and all of a sudden you look at the play offs with optimism.

• True just very wary of the whole Portsmouth debacle, one minute we can't afford a pot to piss in then we are bidding 1.5mil for someone who is gonna be on over 10k a week
  • I'd pay £1.5m, although we bought a whole new squad for a similar price last season.

We must now realize that we're in a better league and if we want to stay here and compete in this league, we can't shy away from spending money.
  • 1.5m is nothing when you're oil rich...
  • Love the fact that somebody that we are not even sure we have made a concrete offer yet is being branded as greedy
  • JT said:

1.5m is nothing when you're oil rich...

I agree but I think we've had our fair share of rubbish 4th division strikers on the cheap, Hayes, Clarke and Benson.
  • I can't see any money deals being done.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Daily Mirror rates highly in the quantity of football transfer rumours it prints - averaging over three a day. Just a shame then that its accuracy rating is so low at only 1 in 5 predictions turning out to be correct. That compares badly with The Guardian's 1 in 3, which is, weirdly, the most accurate paper for transfer gossip.
    The Mirror also has a bit of a reputation for lifting its transfer gossip from other websites/blogs. (In the same way that I did for the above stats!).
    Now, I wonder where it got the Baldock story from?
    What really worries me though, is that someone sat down with a pile of old newspapers and worked all this out!
  • id imagine someone at the Mirror has caught whiff that we are after Baldock and just made a guess on his price.

If we get him it will be a loan i reckon. WHU wont be able to offload him for money.
  • I can't see any money deals being done.

So we've blown our whole transfer budget on a reserve right back?
  • id imagine someone at the Mirror has caught whiff that we are after Baldock and just made a guess on his price.

If we get him it will be a loan i reckon. WHU wont be able to offload him for money.

Can't believe how often I'm agreeing with you lately but I think this is what will happen. West Ham just holding out to see if anyone will come in with a cash offer at the moment, when they can't thats when they will let him go on loan.
  • Bubble said:

I can't see any money deals being done.

Budget?

• Baldock at £1.5m is a very good deal. Natural goalscorer and less than 1/4 of the price of Jordan Rhodes....
  • Bubble said:

Budget?

Lawrie Wilson wasnt bought for buttons
  • Bubble said:

Budget?

We paid money for Lawrie Wilson - as bubble said, we wouldnt have paid anything for a reserve RB if money was that tight.
  • if Baldock signs it will be permanent
  • Bubble said:

Budget?

We paid money for Lawrie Wilson - as bubble said, we wouldnt have paid anything for a reserve RB if money was that tight.
    How do you know this?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!