Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• I don't think Trotter would cut it in the PREM anyway. He is good though.

Anyway Baldock if you're reading please sign!!!!!!!!

• Well sir, yes i have...

Ricardo Fuller will snub offer to move to hull and will join rival championship side charlton on a free transfer.
  • After all this he'll go somewhere like Derby County or Ipswich Town.
  • Well sir, yes i have...

Ricardo Fuller will snub offer to move to hull and will join rival championship side charlton on a free transfer.

Ah, that's better.

;o)
  • Would say in a fair fight that Baldock is worth more than Trotter so can't see there being much in that one.
  • Oggy Red said:

Some people may perhaps be surprised to learn that a largish proportion of transfer fees are instalment plan jobbies - quite often over a period of 2 or 3 seasons.

so for all we know we could still be paying for Izale McLeod
    Emotionally we're all still paying for Izale Mcleod
  • We have agreed terms with west ham, it's up to Baldock now!
  • We have agreed terms with west ham, it's up to Baldock now!
    Link??
  • If true hopefully Powell will convince him.
  • Oggy Red said:

Some people may perhaps be surprised to learn that a largish proportion of transfer fees are instalment plan jobbies - quite often over a period of 2 or 3 seasons.

so for all we know we could still be paying for Izale McLeod
    Emotionally we're all still paying for Izale Mcleod
    That's something I don't think I can ever pay off for!
  • Sponsored links:

• West Ham sign striker Modibo Maiga on 4 yr deal.

How much for?
  • Around 4.7m I think
  • AlexC said:

Around 4.7m I think

if people on here are to be believed, baldock is worth triple that.
  • edited July 2012
    what I would call a mixed response on here.
    http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=231961

lets hope he shows them all to be wrong as Yann did with leicester fans
  • Would say in a fair fight that Baldock is worth more than Trotter so can't see there being much in that one.

I wouldn't know anymore about what players are worth. It seems dependent on so many things nowadays.

Although I do know Southampton were talking of a bid in the region of £3m.

Trotter is a much regarded and now established box to box midfielder. Baldock, through no fault of his own, is relatively untrired at Championship level.

So, is Baldock worth more than £3m? Even though he's a striker (higher vale compared to other positions) I don't think so. It could be argued West Ham's gamble didn't pay off...and their fee was not £3m.

• edited July 2012
    Looking at the link to the hammer site it now has edit James Collins now also in advanced stages. i wonder if this is with us too?
  • Rumour that RVP has signed a new deal with Arsenal.
  • Looking at the link to the hammer site it now has edit James Collins now also in advanced stages. i wonder if this is with us too?

Collins is at Villa now, they are saying he will be resigning for Wet Spam

• Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

According to another Charlton site, personal terms have been discussed and a medical has been booked for Friday, problem is they have to convince him this is the right move for him...fingers crossed

Would personal terms have been agreed and a medical booked if he wasn't convinced??
  • Until he puts pen to paper, would not take anything for granted. Hope this works out though, as we'll need more firepower in this div without a doubt.
  • Who's actually selling the club to him seeing as powell is in spain? Over skype? Or phone? Let's hope who ever is selling the club to him does it well!
  • Who's actually selling the club to him seeing as powell is in spain? Over skype? Or phone? Let's hope who ever is selling the club to him does it well!

I'm fairly worried about this. Usually the manager would sit down with the player, tell him what the plans are and ambitions for the club and general talk about how he's going to be involved. Powell's in another country and i doubt he would want to leave the squad for a day/2 days to get in one play. Can see this slipping through our fingers but I'm definitley crossing them

I'm fairly worried about this. Usually the manager would sit down with the player, tell him what the plans are and ambitions for the club and general talk about how he's going to be involved. Powell's in another country and i doubt he would want to leave the squad for a day/2 days to get in one play. Can see this slipping through our fingers but I'm definitley crossing them
    Plenty of clubs sign players whilst being abroad, wouldn't worry too much he would have definitely spoke to Powell IF he was signing
  • Whatever way this falls, if this is the sort of player SCP has identified as a target and the Board has backed him, we've reasons to be cheerful.
  • i imagine keith peacock would be involved somewhere along the lines of talks with players while CP is in spain
  • Hmm, if this was happening to Millwall I would almost think we were being had.

Let me explain...under Theo these kind of stories would be allowed to run and run - showing the plebs that we were in the Market for top players, and maybe convincing a few more to buy season tickets etc...

The player's agent loves it at it puts the player in the headlines.

Then when a bigger club swoops in the chairman can say we tried, but wages were a problem bla bla. Fans then take it out on player's greed rather than chairman.

The only reason I say this is because I can never imagine us signing a player on big money without Jackett being personally involved.

Seems an odd set up.
  • Bunny said:

Hmm, if this was happening to Millwall I would almost think we were being had.

Let me explain...under Theo these kind of stories would be allowed to run and run - showing the plebs that we were in the Market for top players, and maybe convincing a few more to buy season tickets etc...

Then when a bigger club swoops in the chairman can say we tried, but wages were a problem bla bla. Fans then take it out on player's greed rather than chairman.

The only reason I say this is because I can never imagine us signing a player on big money without Jackett being personally involved.

Seems an odd set up.

Well that's Millwall for you. I doubt very many Charlton fans feel that way about our club. If he doesn't sign it won't be because of some elaborate scam by the club.

• Bunny said:

Hmm, if this was happening to Millwall I would almost think we were being had.

Seems an odd set up.

Well that's Millwall for you. I doubt very many Charlton fans feel that way about our club. If he doesn't sign it won't be because of some elaborate scam by the club.

That WAS Millwall...under Theo. Thankfully times are very different. Berylson is an excellent chairman and Pete an excellent fan on the board, who does carry a lot of weight.

So, you don't think it's odd that Charlton are in talks with a player who will be on big wages and command a decent fee, but without a title winning manager's one to one input?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!