Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• A lot of folk on here seem determined to write off our Player of the Year, a brilliant young committed prospect for more or less complete unknowns, unbelievable really.
    I'm not writing him off at all. He is a great player and i'd love for him to stay with the club. However if we have to sell him to fund quality players coming in then its not writing him off its sacrificing for the good of the team. If we have the opportunity to purchase a goalscorer and part of the requirement is to sell Solly then its my opinion that its not a bad deal.
  • Baldock bwp and kermit will never ever be played, it would simple not work as neither baldock or bwp are wingers.
  • Any rumours............ :-)
  • Baldock bwp and kermit will never ever be played, it would simple not work as neither baldock or bwp are wingers.
    Unless they play upfront with yang behind in a 4-3-1-2

Hate to think what would happen when that needed to revert to 4-5-1.

at last, a rumour. Are we after a Chinese fella?
  • So Baldock is a striker and if he is as good as some of you guess then surely he is a replacement for BWP as we do have other strikers to work with BigYann and surely a WetSpam striker wouldn't come to a Championship club to play second fiddle to the resident goalscorer. Therefore if we want this guy then surely BWP will be sold to finance the deal and maybe there is already a deal with an other club already arranged if Baldock comes to us.
    a) BWP needs competition b) if Baldock gets injured the replacement is ?

A squad needs four decent strikers so if we have BWP, Baldock, Yann & Haynes plus Cook and Smith as youngsters who can push on then I'd be happy with that. BWP must stay imo.

Didn't Haynes come in as competition for BWP?

That leaves us with no cover for Yann and 3 strikers who can probably play with him but not alongside each other.

Probably too early to expect Smith to step up if Yann is out for a while.
  • Let's talk tactics
  • Baldock and BWP/Haynes might work as a pair
  • agreed Scoham, no natural replacement for Yann. I can see Haynes/Baldock or Haynes/BWP working although maybe not BWP/Baldock.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2012

Don't look too bad, would love to strengthen squad in striker, mid and CB positions.

Admin move/remove this post, if you wish to do so.

I really agree with your selection of Big Yann playing behind 2 nippy strikers, perhaps even at the head of an advanced central midfield diamond.

First of all, it means our defence can't just aimlessly hoof the ball vaguely in the direction of Yann .....and also, more importantly, the ball is played to feet and a passing game.

Finally, Yann playing just behind our front line can draw his marker CB out of opponents' defensive line or cause indecision there, allowing him to arrive late in the box with no marker at all.

• Tractors in for BWP
  • edited July 2012
    Yep, Yann plays the part of nodding ball on, holding the ball up. Feeding balls through, bring strikers/midfielders into play. Also getting forward himself and getting on the end of things.

I feel he'd suit the role perfect, more so then up top imo.
  • Tractors in for BWP
    from? I see they left Nathan Ellington out of their squad for trip abroad.

• Bwp will be gone if we sign baldock i reckon
  • We won't sign baldock, will only be loan. No way we are going to pay 2 million surely? Where abouts is the bwp to ipswich rumour then?
    Assuming CP is after the two players for every position (so thats 4 strikers if we play 442) that he keeps saying, that would still leave us needing another striker if BWP went. We need to Baldock to complement what we have. So our 4 would be:

BWP
    Baldock
    Kermit
    Haynes

Looks very championship standard if you ask me. I would keep Hayes for what ist worth, but that is unlikely to happen.
  • edited July 2012
    A lot of folk on here seem determined to write off our Player of the Year, a brilliant young committed prospect for more or less complete unknowns, unbelievable really.
    Hear Hear people seem happy to break up what was easily the best back four last year to play an OK right back in Sollys place simply to bring in a striker largely unproven at this level.....Unbelievable agreed !
  • A lot of folk on here seem determined to write off our Player of the Year, a brilliant young committed prospect for more or less complete unknowns, unbelievable really.
    Hear Hear people seem happy to break up what was easily the best back four last year to play an OK right back in Sollys place simply to bring in a striker largely unproven at this level.....Unbelievable agreed !
    agreed wholesomely

• SCP has made it crystal clear he doesn't want Solly going anywhere, and Solly himself has said he doesnt want to leave. So if he does leave I'd be very very worried indeed. I also very much doubt we'd sell our top scorer, some people seem to be playing to much football manager.

Now, back to football manager...
  • Sponsored links:

Agree with this and it will be to play alongside yann, no over combo, yann was our main man last year
  • edited July 2012
    I think operationpig is on here cos he took some stick last year and he can see we haven't signed anyone of note while his mob have signed 7 players
    As things stand now with our non activity(I thought we wanted all new signings in before the Spain trip) I personally can see Wednesday finishing above us and that may be hard for a few helms to take but last year we had our season in the sun , this season is not gonna be so much fun

Danny Green was our top "woodwork" hitter last season with 5 lol

Has he mentioned that the pigsWednesday are trying to sign Joey Barton yet?

Dave Jones has said he's interested in him, he has a 12 game ban in the Prem, so if he comes to the Championship and with there being more games too his ban would be up by October rather then Dec/Jan if he sat it out with QPR.

He would also be getting fit for when he returned to QPR.

Barton however is a worry and you never know what to expect of him but footballing wise and if he kept his head out of trouble he would be one of the best players in the league without doubt.

• I wouldn't mind barton here, I reckon if we went in for him he would choose us over sheffield, not sure he would want to move to sheffield for a short term loan so staying in london would make sense. Not sure whether cp would take the gamble...
  • I wouldn't mind barton here, I reckon if we went in for him he would choose us over sheffield, not sure he would want to move to sheffield for a short term loan so staying in london would make sense. Not sure whether cp would take the gamble...
    Barton is the sort of character SCP should steer well clear of
  • barton at Charlton = me not going anymore, so I certainly hope not.

Why is that?

Stop being a woman! If it was for a short term only and QPR covered his wages you would be in a no lose situation.

He has baggage but so have others in the past even great players like Cantona and Best.

• Barton was totally crap for QPR last season. They struggled desperately to stay up and he never looked up for it. In a marginal premier league/championship team he should have stood out more than he did. Up for it when he's interested otherwise he seems not bothered.

Stop being a woman! If it was for a short term only and QPR covered his wages you would be in a no lose situation.

He has baggage but so have others in the past even great players like Cantona and Best.

Disrupting the squad would be bad.

So would him losing it in training and breaking someones leg by flying in.
  • He would not give a shit about us and what happened to us if he did come here, I would not want him playing for us in a million years. It would be like when Carlton Cole played for us. Like we aint fit to wipe his ass.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!