Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Great answer :-) can I ask why you don't particularly like Green? He wasn't the shining light I know many fans hoped he would be last season, but still played a good role in our promotion and scored and assisted in a couple of vital goals, Yeovil and Brentford away comes to mind.
    He's OK but only three goals and one of those the keeper threw in the net. CP said he hadn't got used to playing for a big club like Charlton or in the way we played. For £300k I would take the money.
    PS I've always loved Waggy, so Green never stood a chance :-)

Lol, CE ! I was going to post it but didn't have the nerve .....

• @Moose_talkSPORT

Very good George - Sam Baldock may (and the player has to agree which isnt a given) may be on his way to Charlton

(I don't know who George is)
    Earlier a three way twitter 'conversation' says:

Ian Abrahams ‏@Moose_talkSPORT
    Rumours of Sam Baldock going on loan to Bristol City are again way wide of the mark

David Cameron Walker ‏@D_C_W
    is he going to play this season? I wouldn't mind seeing him at the Vic if a loan move is on the cards for him

George Cummins ‏@George_Cummins
    he's going Charlton I think....

Ian Abrahams ‏@Moose_talkSPORT
    Very good George - Sam Baldock may (and the player has to agree which isnt a given) may be on his way to Charlton

David Cameron Walker ‏@D_C_W
    that'll be a decent signing for them. They will continue the trend of promoted teams doing well
  • Football Rumours suggesting 500k for Julian Speroni.

Don't think so.
    I wish.

Think he is one of the best keepers in the Championship.
    1) Palace wouldn't let him go (certainly to us)

2) Must be getting on, and would only want first team place

3) No way would Hamer want to be a backup

4) Hamer younger and better long term bet

5) we would not spent £500K for a second choice? keeper

• McCleod is on his way to Pompey by the looks of things.
  • Baldock rumours continue on Twitter. Now suggestions that Celtic are in for him on season long loan.
  • Why would he go to Celtic? And why would any manager send a player out on loan to the most uncompetetive league in the world?
  • Why would he go to Celtic? And why would any manager send a player out on loan to the most uncompetetive league in the world?
    Champions League football. 50 000 plus crowds. But agree with standard.

A point well made. I would add why would they want him for more than a month anyway? After Europe it will hardly be competitive up there will it. Time to buy to develop I would have thought.
  • green so under expectations last season might be a suprise to us all this year,would like him to stay and prove everyone wrong,but does c.p. like him,needs people off his back though
  • green so under expectations last season might be a suprise to us all this year,would like him to stay and prove everyone wrong,but does c.p. like him,needs people off his back though
    This
  • Sponsored links:

• Green had a good season stop knocking him! Ok he only scored 3 but his long range shot which hit the bar against mk dons was as good as a goal. the free kick that setup the opener against huddersfield. some short memories here
  • We surely won't be signing players without selling/releasing players too, otherwise how do we pay for them?
  • Seth - with love ...
  • A shot hitting the bar is as good as a goal?!
  • A shot hitting the bar is as good as a goal?!
    I'm asking myself the same question! @superclive what is your logic behind this thinking?
  • Did someone score from the rebound? I can't remember for sure.
  • Did someone score from the rebound? I can't remember for sure.
    No but it was from that shot and the rebound that JJ won the second penalty
  • The ball eventually fell to Jackson who was then tripped for a pen.

• I personally wouldn't be happy about letting Green go without replacement. Decent set-piece delivery could be vital next year, especially away from home. It's all about improving on what you've got.
  • Ok as good as a goal is a bot of a stretch! ;-) but you hopefully get my drift.in the 433 him and waggy could both play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a rumour but Kenny Miller has joined Vancouver Whitecaps from Cardiff.
  • Green going would be a big mistake in my opinion, yet to see his best yet.
  • Not a rumour but Kenny Miller has joined Vancouver Whitecaps from Cardiff.
    Quite glad to see the back of him in Div 2.

• Green going would be a big mistake in my opinion, yet to see his best yet.
    Agree. Not the season I was expecting out of him last year but I think there's more to come.

• I think operationpig is on here cos he took some stick last year and he can see we haven't signed anyone of note while his mob have signed 7 players
    As things stand now with our non activity(I thought we wanted all new signings in before the Spain trip) I personally can see Wednesday finishing above us and that may be hard for a few helms to take but last year we had our season in the sun , this season is not gonna be so much fun

Danny Green was our top "woodwork" hitter last season with 5 lol

• edited July 2012
    So he scored 9 then?
  • According to the moose - if we were to go for Baldock as per below it would be permanent and not a loan
    @Moose_talkSPORT: Very good George - Sam Baldock may (and the player has to agree which isnt a given) may be on his way to Charlton @George_Cummins @D_C_W
  • According to the moose - if we were to go for Baldock as per below it would be permanent and not a loan
    @Moose_talkSPORT: Very good George - Sam Baldock may (and the player has to agree which isnt a given) may be on his way to Charlton @George_Cummins @D_C_W
    How would this be financed? (or don't we give a chite as long as we get him?)

• Moose has just said on Talkshite that we're signing Baldock.
  • Moose has just said on Talkshite that we're signing Baldock.
    I do hope so. We can close the Varney link and start thinking about formations and league position. This would be THE signing we all wanted.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!