Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Wilson with Cousins as back up, Solly for Baldock and a million quid. Then spend that million on a good central midfield playmaker and another centre back
    To be honest i agree with this. If we can get a proven goalscorer i would swap Solly for them. Don't particularly want Solly to go, but as people have said RB's are easier to replace, goalscorers are rare as rocking horse sh#t. Would be a good deal in my eyes.

But i doubt its what is going on. My guess is this is paper talk and we are nowhere near their valuation.
  • A lot of folk on here seem determined to write off our Player of the Year, a brilliant young committed prospect for more or less complete unknowns, unbelievable really.
  • Don't know much about Baldock but there is one guarantee (if he signs)

if he dosen't score a hat-trick in his first game he will be the worst signing ever and will be booed.
  • I don't think people are writing Chris off, we all know how good he is but one player does not make a team. In the end, right backs do not win or lose games (in my opinion) and if we can get in 3 or so quality additions we'll be in a much better place squad wise.

It's happened before when we sold Bowyer, Mills and even Jenkinson.
  • A lot of folk on here seem determined to write off our Player of the Year, a brilliant young committed prospect for more or less complete unknowns, unbelievable really.
    Not writing him off, but 3 Championship quality players for one POTY sounds like good business to me if we went and followed what I said above. Remember Solly hasn't played at this level before. Baldock scored 6 in 6 for MK Dons, then 5 in 6 starts for WHU before getting injured, so I would say he can probably be good enough for us, and he is certainly not an 'unknown'
  • edited July 2012
    Solly
    Hayes
    Clarke

How much money could we generate, from selling these players?
  • And Hughes and possibly Sullivan too, though Sully may just leave on loan
  • Solly
    Hayes
    Clarke

Solly - 1.5mil (the lowton deal was against the market)
    Hayes - 225,000
    Clarke - 75,000-100,000
  • Maybe we have the money to sign Baldock without selling Solly.
  • edited July 2012
    Solly
    Hayes
    Clarke

Hayes - 225,000
    Clarke - 75,000-100,000
    Cheers, thats not a bad some of money for a young prospect and two 4th division players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wilson was signed for £400k. Solly is not leaving. Baldock (SHOULD BE) coming.
  • Wilson was signed for £400k.
    Thanks wondered if we had any money at all.

• Solly
    Hayes
    Clarke

I very, very much doubt the Lowton deal was 3m up-front. Probably included various add-on's re appearances, caps etc. Initial fee was lot less than 3m.

• Anyone got any idea what a player like Baldock would cost?
  • 1.5-2.5million I'd say
  • I think its a loan for Baldock
  • I'm pretty sure it would be closer to 1.5m than 2.5
  • Its a difficult one, I would say 2m, Sheff U done well at 3m, Clyne looks set to go at 1.5m but he is in his last year of contract, I would suggest 2m.
  • The cost is so high, either we have to sell to buy, or we ride on the coat tails of some rich person who is prepared to pay for our glory, we get it all at the expense of somebody else.
  • believe Baldock will be about 1.1m
  • Sponsored links:

• I must admit largeAddick figure was more in the region I was thinking off, be interesting if this does come off. Might it prove something one way or other, ie we haven't / have got money?
  • So Baldock is a striker and if he is as good as some of you guess then surely he is a replacement for BWP as we do have other strikers to work with BigYann and surely a WetSpam striker wouldn't come to a Championship club to play second fiddle to the resident goalscorer. Therefore if we want this guy then surely BWP will be sold to finance the deal and maybe there is already a deal with an other club already arranged if Baldock comes to us.
  • I would prefer to keep BWP to play along side any new arrival, Big Yann isnt an out and out striker. Hes more of a attacking midfielder/ behind front two in my eyes.
  • If we do sign Baldock he's going to end up being overhyped like Danny Green was at this rate. Made out to be a guaranteed 30+ goal a season striker...
  • If we do sign Baldock he's going to end up being overhyped like Danny Green was at this rate. Made out to be a guaranteed 30+ goal a season striker...
    hes better then what we currently have.
  • So Baldock is a striker and if he is as good as some of you guess then surely he is a replacement for BWP as we do have other strikers to work with BigYann and surely a WetSpam striker wouldn't come to a Championship club to play second fiddle to the resident goalscorer. Therefore if we want this guy then surely BWP will be sold to finance the deal and maybe there is already a deal with an other club already arranged if Baldock comes to us.
    a) BWP needs competition b) if Baldock gets injured the replacement is ?

A squad needs four decent strikers so if we have BWP, Baldock, Yann & Haynes plus Cook and Smith as youngsters who can push on then I'd be happy with that. BWP must stay imo.

• Baldock, BWP with Yann as the playmaker, Stephens, JJ and Hollands as a midfield 3, so a 4312?

Can bring on Haynes/Wagstaff/Cook/Green for one of the top 3 and push JJ to the left and play 442 or even bring 2 of them on and play 433. Remember BWP can also play as a winger if needed
  • BWP a winger? Not in a million years imo.
  • FFS, will people stop trying to sell Chris Solly please?

Selling your better players is not a step forward. He said he's not going, Powell's said he's not going. It's some kind of Fantasy Nightmare Football Manager on here sometimes.
  • I think operationpig is on here cos he took some stick last year and he can see we haven't signed anyone of note while his mob have signed 7 players
    As things stand now with our non activity(I thought we wanted all new signings in before the Spain trip) I personally can see Wednesday finishing above us and that may be hard for a few helms to take but last year we had our season in the sun , this season is not gonna be so much fun

Danny Green was our top "woodwork" hitter last season with 5 lol

Has he mentioned that the pigs are trying to sign Joey Barton yet?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!