Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Can't buy much with 300k...

Look what we did with the Jenkinson money. ;-)

• Great answer :-) can I ask why you don't particularly like Green? He wasn't the shining light I know many fans hoped he would be last season, but still played a good role in our promotion and scored and assisted in a couple of vital goals, Yeovil and Brentford away comes to mind.
    He's OK but only three goals and one of those the keeper threw in the net. CP said he hadn't got used to playing for a big club like Charlton or in the way we played. For £300k I would take the money.
    PS I've always loved Waggy, so Green never stood a chance :-)

• Delph is overrated, another one of those players who were rated too high, far too early in their careers!
  • Got to say I hope we keep Danny Green, can beat a man and stick a good ball in. I hope he hits the ground running this season.
  • The only player I can see us signing soon is Jacobo especially if he's gone to Spain with the rest of the squad.
  • I thought Green was okay much like Waggy both have positives and negatives. If we're being offered £300k I would accept.
  • Green's main problem is that he's to inconsistent and blows hot and cold to often. If he sorts that out I reckon he'll do o.k in the CCC but we could do better.
  • I thought Green was okay much like Waggy both have positives and negatives. If we're being offered £300k I would accept.
    Agreed. Normally I wouldn't take £300K, but you seem to get a lot more for your money nowadays. This money (possibly added to?) could get somone with a bit more quality than Green. Also I think pace may be a bit more important as a winger in the Championship, and don't think Green is that quick.

• With regard to Delph, it was the price Villa paid for him that pee'd me off so much about what we subsequently got for JonJo! I thought Delph was decent, but JonJo definitely a better player and had picked up a lot more experience by the time he got his move for a lot lower fee. It was ever the way with us :(
  • Get Aluko, he would be class at Right mid/wing, and he would be FREE.
  • Sponsored links:

• Get Aluko, he would be class at Right mid/wing, and he would be FREE.
    Yep, but all gone quiet on that front. Wonder whether we're still at the races in this respect

• Great answer :-) can I ask why you don't particularly like Green? He wasn't the shining light I know many fans hoped he would be last season, but still played a good role in our promotion and scored and assisted in a couple of vital goals, Yeovil and Brentford away comes to mind.
    He's OK but only three goals and one of those the keeper threw in the net. CP said he hadn't got used to playing for a big club like Charlton or in the way we played. For £300k I would take the money.

LOL but lets not start another Super Waggy v the Two Bob Beckham debate : - )

So back to "real" rumours from FR

Leon Clarke being sold for £100k - no mention of to whom.

Russell and Aluko to sign for free

Mark Gower from Swansea for £350k

As Nolly would say "Discuss" and play nicely or AFKA will tell you off!

• Not Green's biggest fan. I don't believe he has a great cross despite what everyone says. However I don't think we should be selling him unless we have someone better coming in and I don't think bringing in a new right winger should be one of our priorities
  • Green's main problem is that he's to inconsistent and blows hot and cold to often. If he sorts that out I reckon he'll do o.k in the CCC but we could do better.
    Too inconsistent and keeps ducking out of 50/50s. And tries too much long range shooting. And doesn't offer enough support to Solly. And gets booked too often.
  • And has silly hair and lives in a crap house.
  • Not Green's biggest fan. I don't believe he has a great cross despite what everyone says. However I don't think we should be selling him unless we have someone better coming in and I don't think bringing in a new right winger should be one of our priorities
    Got to say, one thing that struck me this season was the difference in quality in the delivery of our set pieces, Green was definitely included in this! The way he whips the ball in just comes so natural to him, and he hits them in at the right pace not floating them into the front post like the 'Borrowdale - Full Back' days!Eurgh!Therefore I would disagree with you Norfolk and agree with the majority. Just my pennys worth though!
  • And lives with his parents.......
  • Glad the cutting out the chit chat is going well....
    Too inconsistent and keeps ducking out of 50/50s. And tries too much long range shooting. And doesn't offer enough support to Solly. And gets booked too often.
    So you like him then?
  • edited July 2012
    Big disappointment, I regret to say. I thought that Waggy was more effective when he came in at the end of last season. Even his much lauded crossing wasn't really evident. Back to rumours...
  • Sponsored links:

• I did try Gaffer but they won't listen.

LOL but lets not start another Super Waggy v the Two Bob Beckham debate : - )

So back to "real" rumours from FR

Leon Clarke being sold for £100k - no mention of to whom.

Russell and Aluko to sign for free

Mark Gower from Swansea for £350k

As Nolly would say "Discuss" and play nicely or AFKA will tell you off!

Be well pleased with £100 k for Clarke,

Russell and Aluko : I would be really pleased with Aluko. Russell ok cover

Gower, don't know much about him, has any one got any knowledge of him???
  • Radhi Jaidi.
  • Radhi Jaidi.
    ...is 37 next month.
  • Football Rumours suggesting 500k for Julian Speroni.

Don't think so.
  • @Moose_talkSPORT

Very good George - Sam Baldock may (and the player has to agree which isnt a given) may be on his way to Charlton

(I don't know who George is)
  • @Moose_talkSPORT

Very good George - Sam Baldock may (and the player has to agree which isnt a given) may be on his way to Charlton

(I don't know who George is)
    .........friends with Bungle & Zippy
  • Lloyd Sam trainning with Pompey

Oh dear...it can only end in tears !
  • would be a very happy man if we signed him,he would of outscored rhodes last season if he had stayed in league 1,he was lethal at the start of last season.
  • Football Rumours suggesting 500k for Julian Speroni.

Don't think so.
    I wish.

Think he is one of the best keepers in the Championship.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!