Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Considering the obsession most people here (not me) had with Owlstalk last season I don't see how you can have a go at someone for going on a different teams forums?
    I admit to reading owlstalk last season. But there's a difference between reading another teams forum to signing up and posting total pony. Piggy used to come on here everytime they got within 5 points behind us only to disappear shortly after we left them behind
    It's only going to be reported on here anyway, it might as well be me who brings you the news, btw you're welcome to come on owlstalk anyday, you seem to have gone a little shy though.

• edited July 2012
    Operationpig, you say he was on loan at Sparta Prague.. That was 4 seasons ago and he played 4 times, no one particularly cares who you have signed because this is a Charlton forum and we're still better than you :-)
  • I read it during the season too, it was interesting to see how another club thought of us.

But I just think it's weird coming on here during the off-season to post about signings of players no-one gives a poo-poo about.
    Considering the obsession most people here (not me) had with Owlstalk last season I don't see how you can have a go at someone for going on a different teams forums?
    I admit to reading owlstalk last season. But there's a difference between reading another teams forum to signing up and posting total pony. Piggy used to come on here everytime they got within 5 points behind us only to disappear shortly after we left them behind
    It's only going to be reported on here anyway, it might as well be me who brings you the news, btw you're welcome to come on owlstalk anyday, you seem to have gone a little shy though.
    Not sure that's the case either. The 'rivalry' from last season has gone now and not many care who Wednesday are signing.
  • 2 points:

1. Can we please give @operationpig a break. Some of us value the input of fans from other clubs on here. If you don't, then ignore his comments. No more arsey replies please.

2. Can we get this thread back on track with what it was intended for: player rumours and signings elsewhere, and less generalised chit chat

Thanks
  • To my knowledge OperationPig has been perfectly polite to us whilst on the forum. Be different if he was giving it the biggun, but he hasn't, so fair play to the guy.
  • Now about those rumours of the fantastic signings we are gonna make :-)

Anyone????
  • Lloyd Sam trainning with Pompey

Swindon after Danny Green
  • Henry I've notice you have mentioned Green on his way out a couple of times ;-) is that a gut feeling or genuinely know something?
  • completely agree that other fans should feel free to come on our forum. Bit of banter and that is all harmless fun. However, people are becoming irritated (and rightfully so in my opinion) that OP keeps coming on here posting random rubbish. I don't want to know what he had for dinner, when he wipes his backside nor when he gets up for work. Nobody is particularly bothered about all the dross, and others are right in saying that the rivalry has gone. It was there when we were battling promotion last year, but doubt it will be there this year unless we are fighting for something with them.
  • Not sure I've seen it on this thread (skipped all the pointless bickering) but maybe @operationpig can confirm if Kirkland has left before even playing a game for Wednesday?
  • Sponsored links:

• Henry I've notice you have mentioned Green on his way out a couple of times ;-) is that a gut feeling or genuinely know something?
    Erm no........it's just wishful thinking on Henry's part.
    I actually quite like Green myself.

• Apparently Swindon have lodged a bid of 300,000 pounds for Danny Green.It would be nice to swop him for Matt Ritchie plus some cash.
  • edited July 2012
    2 points:

1. Can we please give @operationpig a break. Some of us value the input of fans from other clubs on here. If you don't, then ignore his comments. No more arsey replies please.

2. Can we get this thread back on track with what it was intended for: player rumours and signings elsewhere, and less generalised chit chat

Dan I don't believe I've ever posted anything to Mr Piggy he doesn't bother me at all really....but you must admit it's stretching things a bit when he comes on here just to tell us all who they're signing, if I want to know that I'd go on a Massives site to find out.
    I can't speak for everyone else but I'm not interested one little bit unless it's someone we've also been linked with in which case it would make sense.

• Apparently Swindon have lodged a bid of 300,000 pounds for Danny Green.It would be nice to swop him for Matt Ritchie plus some cash.
    Good idea, Ritchie supposed to be very good!

• 1/3 rumour, 1/3 wishful thinking 1/3 he does fit into 451 with pacey wingers
  • Great answer :-) can I ask why you don't particularly like Green? He wasn't the shining light I know many fans hoped he would be last season, but still played a good role in our promotion and scored and assisted in a couple of vital goals, Yeovil and Brentford away comes to mind.
  • Not sure I've seen it on this thread (skipped all the pointless bickering) but maybe @operationpig can confirm if Kirkland has left before even playing a game for Wednesday?
    think i saw that Kirklands wife is very ill.
  • Great answer :-) can I ask why you don't particularly like Green? He wasn't the shining light I know many fans hoped he would be last season, but still played a good role in our promotion and scored and assisted in a couple of vital goals, Yeovil and Brentford away comes to mind.
    He's OK but only three goals and one of those the keeper threw in the net. CP said he hadn't got used to playing for a big club like Charlton or in the way we played. For £300k I would take the money.

• I'd like us to keep him, hes young and can only improve. Great cross and long shot on him too. Maybe a loan to Swindow till January and then if he is firing on all cylinders bring him back.
  • I agree that his goal return wasn't great at all, the Exeter one was extremely fortunate. Sometimes it does take players time to adjust, especially as Green was floating around non-league and the lower leagues for a while.

I hope for not only his sake, but the clubs sake he improves because we spent good money on him. If a bid of 300k or so came in, I would also take it, as long as CP can use that money to get someone with a bit better quality in.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would be genuinely please to see Green going somewhere and gettin somewhat of a price on him. Not to say I don't like him it's actually the opposite. Just don't think his usefulness surpasses that of waggy. And as he was our more expensive player in the remodel think it would be wise to say farewell to him.
  • edited July 2012
    I thought all 3 of us had money, more so us and Wednesday then Hudders.
    But looks like Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday showing a lot more ambition then us unfortunately.

We need.

Another Midfielder, one that can open up defences.
    Another Centre Half, pacey good in the air.
    Another Striker.
  • Could see the Green/Swindon thing happening.
    Benson reccomendation?
  • I really can't see him leaving and I think it will be a mistake if he does. Can't buy much with 300k... well apart from 20 weeks worth of wages for Baldock ;)
  • Lloyd Sam trainning with Pompey
    No idea why anyone would think training with Pompey would be a good idea. Chances are they won't be paid if they get a contract out of it...
  • Izale Mcleod too
    think i saw that Kirklands wife is very ill.
    Yeah that's what I had read but wasn't sure if he had definitely quit or not, feel a bit sorry for him if that's the case, injuries throughout his career and now this
  • Surely Lloydy can do better than Pompey!
  • Fabian Delph is available from villa for a season loan. I think he would be more than useful
  • Delph would be an excellent signing, type of player who can unlock defences and has got a bit of pace about him. Although I think if there ever was anything in the Sidwell rumour, that would be another great signing. I'm sure CP will get his man.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!