Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Coutts has joined Derby
    Bankers !!!!

• Anyone know anything about Sone Aluko?
  • Another Possible has found that he has decided to stay put. I suspect we were never that interested .On Sky

Magnus Okuonghae has signed a contract with Colchester - just a few weeks after turning down a new deal.

The 26-year-old defender looked set to leave the Community Stadium and was linked with a number of Championship clubs as well as Scottish champions Celtic.
    But he has now put pen to paper on a three-year contract to the delight of manager John Ward.
    "All the way along I have had huge respect for Magnus' desire to play at a higher level," Ward told the club's official website.

"We have kept in touch throughout the summer to discuss his future with a number of conversations and messages along the way and came to the agreement of what he wanted to do in seeking that opportunity.

"We touched base on Wednesday to see how he was getting on as it seemed things had gone a bit quiet for him, so we offered him the chance to come back to Colchester and he was more than happy to accept that invitation."
  • Seems that his agent has talked this up and I just hope he's fired him! ...
  • Aluko has been linked with us, Strong rumour up here that Kirkland has left the club without kicking a ball due to his wife being seriously ill.
  • edited July 2012
    Sheff wed certainly have been busy in the transfer market, but i dont think it's anything for us to worry about. The players might not settle, gel or turn out to be what they thought.

We have a settled close squad that pissed L1 and will certainly give this league a good go. We'll suprise a few people IMO.
  • Sheff wed certainly have been busy in the transfer market, but i dont think it's anything for us to worry about. The players might not settle, gel or turn out to be what they thought.

We have a settled close squad that pissed L1 and will certainly give this league a good go. We'll suprise a few people IMO.
    Agree. No one cares about them they are shit.
  • edited July 2012
    Sheff wed certainly have been busy in the transfer market, but i dont think it's anything for us to worry about. The players might not settle, gel or turn out to be what they thought.

lol, We'll see.

Hey..people in glasshouses etc.

• Sam Baldock scored again for W Ham today
  • Aluko has been linked with us, Strong rumour up here that Kirkland has left the club without kicking a ball due to his wife being seriously ill.
    I think Wednesday see who super Chris Is in for then come in for them there selfs because there managers shit
  • Sponsored links:

• Baldock's wages will be a massive problem
  • unless he had a large percentage increase due to promotion last season then i cant see his wages being 'huge'?

• unless he had a large percentage increase due to promotion last season then i cant see his wages being 'huge'?

It's already been made clear that he is on 15k a week. The early indications are he wants a rise if he moves.

• Think we should be looking elsewhere then if he wants 15k let alone a rise.
    I think Wednesday see who super Chris Is in for then come in for them there selfs because there managers shit
    Pardon?

It's already been made clear that he is on 15k a week. The early indications are he wants a rise if he moves.

15k!!!! Who said he was on that much?
    Pardon?

@operationpig

It's old cockney parlance. That's the problem with coming on another teams forum.

Pardon?

LOL!

• Sheff wed certainly have been busy in the transfer market, but i dont think it's anything for us to worry about. The players might not settle, gel or turn out to be what they thought.

The only thing I'd say is that every time I watched a League One game on TV the standard looked very low. You can only beat what's in front of you, true, but that division was very poor. A Sheffield United team that looked awful in the Championship and who lost their best players got 90 points and Stevenage finished in the play offs and Carlisle 8th!
  • I take it you didn't see Charlton and Huddersfield in November then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah sheffield united who didnt go up and finished 11 points behind Charlton.
  • Not really a rumour (like most of the things in here) but Darel Russell having lunch with Evina today, so he must be down in London.

HA! too true
    They got 90 points - that suggests to me the division was weak. They were awful in the championship and they had to lose their better players on relegation.

You got 101 points, which is a great achievement - but I think you lot are really underestimating the Championship and perhaps reading too much into a season where you beat the likes of Stevenage to promotion.
  • I take it you didn't see Charlton and Huddersfield in November then?
    Yep. Southampton's attacking players would have had a field day...and Birmingham City's defence a very quiet game.
    They got 90 points - that suggests to me the division was weak. They were awful in the championship and they had to lose their better players on relegation.

You got 101 points, which is a great achievement - but I think you lot are really underestimating the Championship and perhaps reading too much into a season where you beat the likes of Stevenage to promotion.
    Bit unfair, a lot of us are worried about relegation.

Bit unfair, a lot of us are worried about relegation.
    No way will you get relegated. But, talk of play-offs is a bit optimistic.

Given our signings so far I'd be happy with mid table ,but given the fact the none of the teams who have been promoted over the last two years have been relegated and two are now in the Prem I would suggest the gap is not quite as big as you say.

The problem with L1 is that there always seem to be relatively big clubs contesting with clubs whose average attendance is below 5,000.This season Coventry and Sheffield United look to be the big fish ,Pompey would have also been if not for the financial problems.

• Bunny makes some decent points but I think the top three or four league one sides have not much to fear from the bottom third of the Championship. As already stated Saints and Norwich have done well and even Millwall show signs of consolidating. At present I see Charlton in that bottom third but only three good signings away from a shout at the playoffs.

Maybe it is more hope for our team rather than underestimating the championship...I reckon there are good sides there, and what you saw on the telly is not always a good guide (you have signed Osbourne so Jackett sees some virtue in div 1), and you will find a variety of opinions as to how we think we will do. Personally I will be pleased to stay up, and suspect we may do better than scraping survival.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!