Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Any rumours? ;-)
  • My mate who has connections with Dave Kitson has said that Charlton have been inquiring about his services.
  • I reckon it's our turn to score 4
  • My mate who has connections with Dave Kitson has said that Charlton have been inquiring about his services.
    32 but would be decent back up for Kermo.

• Latest rumour is that Wednesday are going to get Ricardo Fuller from Stoke, not so sure this is a good thing myself.
  • Latest rumour is that Wednesday are going to get Ricardo Fuller from Stoke, not so sure this is a good thing myself.
    Last time I checked this was a Charlton rumours thread...
  • edited July 2012
    delete
  • Why does everyone always jump down OP's throat? He's not a WUM and contributes to some decent debates
    The same Ricardo Fuller that wasn't good enough for Charlton. He will fit in well alongside Llera and Semedo.

• Yeah sheffield united who didnt go up and finished 11 points behind Charlton.
    They got 90 points - that suggests to me the division was weak. They were awful in the championship and they had to lose their better players on relegation.

You got 101 points, which is a great achievement - but I think you lot are really underestimating the Championship and perhaps reading too much into a season where you beat the likes of Stevenage to promotion.

Given our signings so far I'd be happy with mid table ,but given the fact the none of the teams who have been promoted over the last two years have been relegated and two are now in the Prem I would suggest the gap is not quite as big as you say.

The problem with L1 is that there always seem to be relatively big clubs contesting with clubs whose average attendance is below 5,000.This season Coventry and Sheffield United look to be the big fish ,Pompey would have also been if not for the financial problems.

Norwich City and Southampton came up with very good squads already in place and had good backing in a very competitive transfer market.

You're right, the gap between the top 5 in League One and the bottom third of the Championship isn't that big.

As unpalatable as it may be for some I'd put Charlton's current team on a par with the one we got promoted with - good team spirit, organised and some players with the talent & hunger to prove themselves at a higher level. But also with some players that will be found out and a pretty limited squad.

We finished 9th off the back of a good start. No reason Charlton can't do similar. Although you do appear to have quite a tough opening month or so.

Id say you'll finish around 12th, give or take a couple of places up or down.

• Sponsored links:

• Except Millwall finished 3rd, on 85 points, 1 point above a Charlton team which was a lot worse than our current team.
  • If we do sign Aluko will he be granted international clearance by the SFA? Or is that sorted now Rangers are in Div3 or was it sorted anyway because he was on a free?
  • And I'm not saying we will get promoted because I don't think we will but to compare last years Charlton side with the Millwall side that got promoted is laughable.
  • And I'm not saying we will get promoted because I don't think we will but to compare last years Charlton side with the Millwall side that got promoted is laughable.
    Really? Don't think you've got as much as a goal threat as Steve Morison. Nor a winger creating the chances James Henry can. Nor a midfield engine as good as Liam Trotter.

But, we'll see.

Also, that Charlton side that finished a point below us was actually pretty decent on paper - perhaps the man in charge wasn't the righ one. As I think as a whole that Charlton side had more proven talent in it. And remember, with Leeds, Norwich, Southampon, us, MK Dons, Huddersfield and Swindon that was a far more competitive league that year.

• Had we had a goalscorer like BWP that season we'd have gone up automatically. The current team is better all round, but we do need a few signings.
  • edited July 2012
    Fulham are after Jordan Rhodes.... never heard of him :-0

Sheff Weds have let Chris Kirkland go ... apparently without playing a game.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/papertalk
  • Aluko has been linked with us, Strong rumour up here that Kirkland has left the club without kicking a ball due to his wife being seriously ill.
    I think Wednesday see who super Chris Is in for then come in for them there selfs because there managers shit
    Pardon?

Did you fart piggy?
  • Have never ever rated Dave Kitson and would be pretty disappointed if we got him.
  • SCP has said in the news shopper that we are interested in Baldock but wages are a problem: http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/football/charlton/9818043.Addicks_still_some_way_off_West_Ham_striker_deal/?

Also I reckon we will probably sign that Spanish keeper who was on trail yesterday especially if Sully goes out on loan as he would be better competition for Hamer. Again reported by the news shopper: http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/football/charlton/9818039.Powell_hints_at_loan_exit_for_keeper/?
  • edited July 2012
    I.don't think bunny is far off the mark league 1 was very strong that year. although i think we have a better team now. I would.be very happy with 12th. hard work and organization can take u a long way in the championship too. i think Stephens may have a big year for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rumours only PLEASE!!!

Getting so annoyed with 30 odd new comments and they're all internal arguing!!!
  • Can't wait to see Charlie Austin sign for us this week.
    U what?
  • more likely sign stone cold steve!
    I assume this is not true?

I assume this is not true?

Its on the rumours rumours thread so probably not.
  • edited July 2012
    I think now funding is sorted CP has got a big one coming out of his sleeve this week , CA is available and would be quality.
  • I think now funding is sorted CP has got a big one coming out of his sleeve this week , CA is available and would be quality.
    Really hope your right but fee for Austin is being quoted at around 2mil...
  • Austin is available? Are you sure? Having just had Rodriguez taken from them, I can't see them being too keen to offload Austin too.
  • No problem , in instalments , with a bit more when were in the Prem, go for it TJ.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!