Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• If we got Baldock then I would be very happy indeed. However, as many have said, Forest are now loaded, so I wouldn't rate our chances - especially if we had to smash our wage structure and upset the balance of the squad to do it. I can't see the board wanting that to happen.
  • Pressumably if it's aloan then wages aren't the issue - I guess that would only be a problem if Forest were willing to pay a bigger %.
    West Ham may want him to stay in London though.
    Would be a good signing.
  • http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/7897370/Lions-line-up-Osborne-move

we were in for osborne last year, good young defender and is free. Be a good addition to the squad, be a shame if he went millwall.
  • In all fairness if noone bigger than Millwall come in for him as a free agent that probably tells you what the market thinks of him.

That's not a slight on either Millwall or the player, just a fact.
  • I'd be surprised is CP still wants Osbourne, TBH. What ISaw says indicates this too.
  • Cawley released something a month or two back R.E Osbourne, stating that Powell was moving on to bigger and better targets and was not interested in him.
  • In all fairness if noone bigger than Millwall come in for him as a free agent that probably tells you what the market thinks of him.

That's not a slight on either Millwall or the player, just a fact.
    Under Jackett we've signed a lot of 'cast-offs'. So, we pick up a lot of players other clubs avoid. They usually have some issue.

The issues are usually injury related & sometimes it works out.. Henderson. Sometimes it doesnt..Racon.

But the likes of Derby, Leicester etc give them a miss.

Just like they gave give casts offs like Trotter and Henry a miss, and I guess you can put Morison into that category too.

The only players we've signed under Jackett that were 'proven' and without issues were Keogh and Mkwandire.

He might fit into this type of Jackett signing.
  • Osborne would be a good signing imo
  • osbourne has signed for millwall
  • Judging by that you tube clip if he had the chances BWP had last season he would have scored more than Rhodes.
  • Sponsored links:

• To be fair to the chairman (who does have a lot of wealth) he doesn't like to throw money around, as he wants us to steadily build, but he does back Jackett with wages for players he wants - apparently Hull and Forest were also in for him, along with Charlton. Maybe he wanted to stay in London?
  • Osbourne is a good signing for millwall IMO.
  • Though he's not as good as Morrison, Cort and maybe Taylor.
  • I reckon we'll sign Baldock.
  • Osbourne is a young pacey cb centre back which many people on here want.
    How do you know that then? He's just signed for a club that were in the division above us last season, so he's got something about him.

From what I have seen of him he would have been able to challenge our defence for a place in the first XI, he's mobile, can head a ball and reads things well, and is going to get better the more he plays in a higher league. He's not coming here so no point in speculating really, but I think he's a good championship signing
  • edited July 2012
    Signed as back up for Captain Paul Robinson, the excellent Lowry and the ageing Darren Ward - with it looking like Jack Smith as the full- back.

How do you know that then? He's just signed for a club that were in the division above us last season, so he's got something about him.

From what I have seen of him he would have been able to challenge our defence for a place in the first XI, he's mobile, can head a ball and reads things well, and is going to get better the more he plays in a higher league. He's not coming here so no point in speculating really, but I think he's a good championship signing
    How do I know? I don't. It's an opinion largely based on our 3 playing in the best defence in the same league as Osbourne last season.
  • Osborne's another to have been on loan at Eastbourne in his time. Saw him there and thought he looked good. Would have been decent as a 4th choice to begin with. Would step straight in ahead of Cort & Morrison though
  • Why on earth would we do a thing like that?
    Freddie Eastwood (always being linked with us) has signed a 2 yr contract for Southend.
    Only by Nigels who think he should be with the rest of us pikeys....:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• . Where's Baldock from. Londoner/South East? Maybe a chance if that's the case. Also Loan or Permanent?

Buckinghamshire hence starting with MK Dons but may have moved to London already as with West Ham.

Baldock goes to the same barbers as me in Epping so I presume he lives around there
  • edited July 2012
    . Where's Baldock from. Londoner/South East? Maybe a chance if that's the case. Also Loan or Permanent?

Buckinghamshire hence starting with MK Dons but may have moved to London already as with West Ham.

Baldock goes to the same barbers as me in Epping so I presume he lives around there. Well you know what you got to do ;-)
  • . Where's Baldock from. Londoner/South East? Maybe a chance if that's the case. Also Loan or Permanent?

Baldock goes to the same barbers as me in Epping so I presume he lives around there
    . Well you know what you got to do ;-)

Make some noise ! ( diplomatically, of course !)

• Not sure if it's been mentioned around on here, but darel Russell and Preston have mutually terminated his contract so he is free to walk into another club... Wouldn't surprise me if we'd signed him come monday evening.
  • edited July 2012
    Barbers my arse, just say hairdressers

: - )

• Barbers my arse, just say hairdressers

You have a barbers for your arse hair?

Don't we all?

Don't we all?
    I get mine braided at Greenwich market

• edited July 2012
    . Where's Baldock from. Londoner/South East? Maybe a chance if that's the case. Also Loan or Permanent?

Technically didn't he start at old Wimbledon?
  • Coutts has joined Derby
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!