Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Moose has just said on Talkshite that we're signing Baldock.
    I do hope so. We can close the Varney link and start thinking about formations and league position. This would be THE signing we all wanted.
    I really dont wont to get my hopes up here but I think this signing could make a big difference as to how our season pans out

• Would he fit both a 4-3-3 and 4-4-2?
  • I think operationpig is on here cos he took some stick last year and he can see we haven't signed anyone of note while his mob have signed 7 players
    As things stand now with our non activity(I thought we wanted all new signings in before the Spain trip) I personally can see Wednesday finishing above us and that may be hard for a few helms to take but last year we had our season in the sun , this season is not gonna be so much fun

Danny Green was our top "woodwork" hitter last season with 5 lol

You might be right about Weds finishing above us, but I'd take 1st in L1 and even 21st in the Championship over 2nd in L2 and 13th in the Championship. Last season was amazing
  • edited July 2012
    Would he fit both a 4-3-3 and 4-4-2?
    I think he would be perfect for a 4-3-3 with Kermit behind him and BWP

Baldock BWP

KERMIT

• Sounds like you've already got your hopes up Trav, a dangerous thing to do being an Addick!
  • Sounds like you've already got your hopes up Trav, a dangerous thing to do being an Addick!
    haha! too right mate!

• If we sign Baldock that will show real intent. OK, I know he didn't do much last season for WH but I think he is one of the real young upcoming strikers floating about in this division and would much rather sign him than some 30+ year old on big wages. Definatley has the potential to hit 15+ championship goals and again fits into the mould of a young hungry player who has a point to prove. May be willing to take a pay cut for all we know to play first team football infront of 20,000+ crowds week in week out. I'm sure Chrissy can talk him up as being "the new Darren Bent" at The Valley.
    Having spent a year at West Ham he might have suffered with the expectation but now lets hope he is ready to make a name for himself at the mighty addicks :-)
  • Can't see us signing Baldock, wages are supposedly to high and WH will want a decent fee for him and with all the speculation about our financial situation.. do we have the money for him?
  • Can't see us signing Baldock, wages are supposedly to high and WH will want a decent fee for him and with all the speculation about our financial situation.. do we have the money for him?
    Supposedly terms been agreed with WHU, now up to player if he wants to go!
  • Sponsored links:

Supposedly terms been agreed with WHU, now up to player if he wants to go!
    I very much hope this is true! Would be excellent signing, but are we "Big" enough for him ;-)

• Radio 5 is saying the Berbatov may end up at West Ham - that puts Baldock one step further down the ladder. I know nothing about Baldock but it sounds exciting. I just worry that Baldock is becoming the next Darren Purse et al.

• I very much hope this is true! Would be excellent signing, but are we "Big" enough for him ;-)
    Was this said in jest?

• Moose talks a lot of shite, is all i'd say.

• I very much hope this is true! Would be excellent signing, but are we "Big" enough for him ;-)
    Was this said in jest?

In jest :) just a joke.
  • just hope solly isn't going the other way
    We will have to get money in somehow or another.
    We will have to get money in somehow or another.
    Unless the money is there ready to be spent?
    I'd take that tbh. It's a lot easier to find a right back than it is to find a top striker.

Obviously I'd be gutted if Solly left, goalscorers however are a rare commodity.

• The moose is a tool. FACT
  • Sponsored links:

• I think operationpig is on here cos he took some stick last year and he can see we haven't signed anyone of note while his mob have signed 7 players
    As things stand now with our non activity(I thought we wanted all new signings in before the Spain trip) I personally can see Wednesday finishing above us and that may be hard for a few helms to take but last year we had our season in the sun , this season is not gonna be so much fun

Danny Green was our top "woodwork" hitter last season with 5 lol

Wednesday were so far behind us in terms of quality, they needed more fresh blood than us.

I'd take that tbh. It's a lot easier to find a right back than it is to find a top striker.

Obviously I'd be gutted if Solly left, goalscorers however are a rare commodity.

We've already signed a replacement RB!

• edited July 2012
    How much did we sign Wilson for, any clue?
  • We've signed competition, not a replacement
  • as Powell said he wants 2+ players competing at every position.
  • Where I work I want (and can make an excellent case for) more resources, but those in charge of the money tell me it can't be afforded. What Chris Powell wants has to go through the money side of things.
  • We've signed competition, not a replacement
    Powelly might be playing hard-ball in an attempt to get the best possible price.

• We already have Wilson, and I think we could get a half decent rb in for competition if Solly goes. Hoyte is still available on a free
  • Wilson with Cousins as back up, Solly for Baldock and a million quid. Then spend that million on a good central midfield playmaker and another centre back

• Don't look too bad, would love to strengthen squad in striker, mid and CB positions.

Admin move/remove this post, if you wish to do so.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!