Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• I don't mind Bunny, but I wish she wouldn't keep filling this thread with irrelevant drivel. I keep clicking on it when there are 9 or 10 new posts, only to find that most of them involve banter with Bunny.

• I don't mind Bunny, but I wish she wouldn't keep filling this thread with irrelevant drivel. I keep clicking on it when there are 9 or 10 new posts, only to find that most of them involve banter with Bunny.

I'm only dealing with the stuff aimed at me. But I agree - you lot need to refocus on the main point of the thread.
  • Bunny said:

I don't mind Bunny, but I wish she wouldn't keep filling this thread with irrelevant drivel. I keep clicking on it when there are 9 or 10 new posts, only to find that most of them involve banter with Bunny.

I'm only dealing with the stuff aimed at me. But I agree - you lot need to refocus on the main point of the thread.
    The point about us thinking Wiggins is the best left back in the division wasn't aimed at you?
  • So the official doncaster rovers twitter feed reckons they've 'received no offer for george friend and the player hasn't been contacted. All speculation' interesting.....
  • Pardon my ignorance , but who on earth is George Friend?

I've heard of George Doors , but not George friend.

Son of Kevin Friend, the ref ?

• My soon to be bro-in law is a Donny Rovers ST holder and had this to say about Friend.... "He joined us as a left back and was awful always out of position. Then he was forced to CB through injuries and was one of the best centre halves I've seen in a hooped shirt."

• Bunny said:

I don't mind Bunny, but I wish she wouldn't keep filling this thread with irrelevant drivel. I keep clicking on it when there are 9 or 10 new posts, only to find that most of them involve banter with Bunny.

The point about us thinking Wiggins is the best left back in the division wasn't aimed at you?
    Fair enough, I overstepped the mark there - I'll think before interacting on an interactive messageboard again.

And is this one a freebie? Given it was another point aimed at me.

• edited July 2012
    I tweeted a BBC sport reporter from Yorkshire who had a meeting with Doncaster manager today and asked him about our interest in Friend his reply:

Rob Staton‏@robstaton

Just spoken to George Friend. He's not aware of any interest from Charlton but admits he'd have to consider any poss. move to Championship
  • Rob Staton‏@robstaton

George Friend: "They (Charlton) are a big club and they're playing in the Championship so I'd have to consider it."
  • Rob Staton‏@robstaton

Friend also insists he's happy at Doncaster and not looking for a move. Reports in London linked Charlton with a £100k bid this morning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bunny said:

Fair enough, I overstepped the mark there - I'll think before interacting on an interactive messageboard again.

I think I'd respect you more if you just admitted you are on this site for a wind up.
  • He has to say that
  • so is Cawley making things up now or is he being fed info making us look like we are after players when we really are not. Add this to the CP article about frustration in the transfer market, could this be a smokesreen to dupe us all ?
  • George Friend played alongside Taylor at Exeter but was used mainly as a wing back on the lhs. He played against us two seasons ago when on loan from Wolves back at Exeter, i think in left midfield. Big bloke, energetic, their best player that day. Would be a good signing, still quite young, can play in different positions, quite quick. A value signing at £100k I would say. I'm sure he's been linked elsewhere this summer and at the time I thought he'd be good for us, I'd be pleased if we got him.
  • edited July 2012

Sounds well worth a 100K and he'd fit SCP policy of having 2 players for each position and he's left footed. Me likey
  • Encouraging sign that we haven't even signed our mate Friend or Baldock yet but Millwall fans are already re-acting like Bunnies in the headlights....
  • George Friend played alongside Taylor at Exeter but was used mainly as a wing back on the lhs. He played against us two seasons ago when on loan from Wolves back at Exeter, i think in left midfield. Big bloke, energetic, their best player that day. Would be a good signing, still quite young, can play in different positions, quite quick. A value signing at £100k I would say. I'm sure he's been linked elsewhere this summer and at the time I thought he'd be good for us, I'd be pleased if we got him.

You can remember how well an opposition player played against us 2 years ago? Hmm...
  • colthe3rd said:

George Friend played alongside Taylor at Exeter but was used mainly as a wing back on the lhs. He played against us two seasons ago when on loan from Wolves back at Exeter, i think in left midfield. Big bloke, energetic, their best player that day. Would be a good signing, still quite young, can play in different positions, quite quick. A value signing at £100k I would say. I'm sure he's been linked elsewhere this summer and at the time I thought he'd be good for us, I'd be pleased if we got him.

You can remember how well an opposition player played against us 2 years ago? Hmm...
    If someone plays well against us then I usually remember them aswell don't u?

• so is Cawley making things up now or is he being fed info making us look like we are after players when we really are not. Add this to the CP article about frustration in the transfer market, could this be a smokesreen to dupe us all ?

why let the truth get in the way of a good story !!

I've always said that I reckon chaimen do this all the time. Chairman 1 speaks to Chairman 2 - "lets pretend I'm in for player X - you can them tell your fans that you are not selling & they will be happy & I can tell my fans that I am trying to sign players but because of transfer fee/wage demands/wife doesn't want to move things aren't happening, but at least I am trying" - eveyone's then happy !!!

• edited July 2012
    had spells at Millwall,Southend,Scunthorpe,Wolves,Exeter and a few other non league teams before joining Doncaster in 2010.
  • Sponsored links:

• also played for Wolves

• Bunny said:

I think I'd respect you more if you just admitted you are on this site for a wind up.

I think you're winding yourself up, Sidcup.

Millwall are rumoured to be interested in signing young Arsenal striker Benik Afobe on a season long loan. (Thought I better add a rumour, so as not to take thread of track).
  • edited July 2012
    Would be very happy with friend as cover. 100k is a steal at this level
  • Hull have just splashed out 2.6mil on some German player http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7913733/

• Bunny said:

Bunny said:

Millwall are rumoured to be interested in signing young Arsenal striker Benik Afobe on a season long loan. (Thought I better add a rumour, so as not to take thread of track).

post on your own rumours section thn

• Bunny said:

Bunny said:

exactly what I was thinking.
  • Bunny said:

Bunny said:

My work won't allow me to go on Millwall sites - they don't get through the filters.

• shes alright, leave her alone. its only the internet ffs.
  • Some proper touchy people about.
  • shut up you mugs.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!