Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Here we go again. You share some info with people. You say that it is a flaky source, but still get told you are posting wank.

I've no reason to disbelieve what he told me.

Who knows if it has anything to do with Baldock.

What I do know is I'm with Essex_Al in the won't bother in future camp.
  • I'd rather read a post about said flaky source then peeps spamming this thread with bollocks from football rumours.
  • I intended going to Ipswich with my son before he goes off to UNI, but at £39 a ticket, plus travel etc won't be. However that is why Baldock may go to Ipswich, they have the money, we don't.
  • maybe we pulled out remember last season a player had a offer of contract from us looked around to see if anything better came in for him,it didnt,went back to scp and said something like i will sign that scp said it aint on offer anymore i want players that WANT to play for Charlton.And i dont know about you lot but thats what i want also.
  • Here we go again. You share some info with people. You say that it is a flaky source, but still get told you are posting wank.

I've no reason to disbelieve what he told me.

Who knows if it has anything to do with Baldock.

What I do know is I'm with Essex_Al in the won't bother in future camp.

Was commenting on the FSO Polonez rumour Clem.
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/mobile/football/18913228

Derby County have signed Coventry City centre-half Richard Keogh for a fee believed to be in excess of £1m.

Why was he 1m and Friend is only 100k?
  • I would have a guess that keogh is a better player than mr friend?

Derby County have signed Coventry City centre-half Richard Keogh for a fee believed to be in excess of £1m.

Cos Friend is not all that .. he's neither fish nor fowl .. too small for a real modern central defender and too slow for a full back .. look at the number of clubs he's had already.
  • Because he impressed Derby, who have no Friends?
  • They've spent all the Shackell money on him then.
  • Sponsored links:

• And also because the £1.2 mill Shackell money was burning a hole in Derby's pocket?
  • edited July 2012
    I think it's unfair on the player to suggest he's no good based on the number of clubs he's played for. Exeter sent him out on loan to gain first team experience back when he was 17 and again when he was 19.

Then bought by Wolves in 2008 when he was 20. I assume with the future in mind, sent out on loan to 4 different clubs over 2 years (including back to Exeter where he was one of their key players in the second half of the 09/10 season).

By this time, Wolves were a PL club and so decided against extending Friend's contract. Went to Doncaster on a free where he's spent two seasons, playing regular Championship football was their POTY last season.

For 100k, I think we could do a lot worse.

Cos Friend is not all that .. he's neither fish nor fowl .. too small for a real modern central defender and too slow for a full back .. look at the number of clubs he's had already.
    how many times u seen him play to forge that opinion?
  • I think this thread will have to be re-named. By all accounts Doncaster haven't even had an approach from us and even if Baldock isn't going to Ipswich he doesn't seem that keen on signing for us - and we need committed players, not half hearted ones !!

Twice .. you ?
  • I think it's unfair on the player to suggest he's no good based on the number of clubs he's played for. Exeter sent him out on loan to gain first team experience back when he was 17 and again when he was 19.

Then bought by Wolves in 2008 when he was 20. I assume with the future in mind, sent out on loan to 4 different clubs over 2 years (including back to Exeter where he was one of their key players in the second half of the 09/10 season).

By this time, Wolves were a PL club and so decided against extending Friend's contract. Went to Doncaster on a free where he's spent two seasons, playing regular Championship football was their POTY last season.

For 100k, I think we could do a lot worse.

Most sensible post I've read for a while.

Twice .. you ?
    just the once, hence y I haven't made an opinion. You shouldn't either
  • edited July 2012

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/mobile/football/18913228

Twice .. you ?

Hence .., I've seen him twice as often as you .. and you know what .. my opinion is that he is OK but not for me as a player. As to me making decisions .. when I need your advice, I'll ask for it

Twice .. you ?

Hence .., I've seen him twice as often as you .. and you know what .. my opinion is that he is OK but not for me as a player. As to me making decisions .. when I need your advice. I'll ask for it
    twice is not enough. You are pretty much writing off a potential signing of the club you support for no reasonable reason. don't need fans like u
  • Yes we do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Baldock now signing for Ipswich, never mind we only want players who 100% want to play for Charlton and if mr friend does and CP wants him that's good enough for me.
  • Baldock now signing for Ipswich, never mind we only want players who 100% want to play for Charlton and if mr friend does and CP wants him that's good enough for me.

That certain scabby ?

• So I've been told, shame because he is a good player but I'm afraid it's down to wages, normally good info from this guy and I hope he is wrong this time but from what I'm told Ipswich will reveal tomorrow.
  • edited July 2012
    If we had Baldock in our side I reckon we could challenge for play-offs next season.

But if he's a money grabber then sod him. We've got Smith anyway.
  • So I've been told, shame because he is a good player but I'm afraid it's down to wages, normally good info from this guy and I hope he is wrong this time but from what I'm told Ipswich will reveal tomorrow.

Certainly adds up with what Powell said in the earlier article regarding transfers on the OS.
  • edited July 2012

So I've been told, shame because he is a good player but I'm afraid it's down to wages, normally good info from this guy and I hope he is wrong this time but from what I'm told Ipswich will reveal tomorrow.

Certainly adds up with what Powell said in the earlier article regarding transfers on the OS.
    After the way Smith played tonight we don't need him
  • I've heard that Baldock is on 15k a week at West Ham... We would not offer any more than 10k and that was a major stumbling block. Dissapointing if he does join Ipswich as I think he would have made a big difference
  • Can't find anything on any of the Ipswich forum's about Baldock! They seem to have given up on him weeks ago :/
  • Can't find anything on any of the Ipswich forum's about Baldock! They seem to have given up on him weeks ago :/

There are tweets from TB's saying that he's signing on loan and will be unveiled tomorrow
  • Well one of their local papers/websites have just tweeted that a transfer story will be on their website in 15 minutes. Will report back
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!