Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Well we are encouraging Baldock on twitter:

Darren Twell ‏@DalTwell
    If Sam baldock doesn't wanna come #cafc bcoz of wages then he can Fuck off! Don't need ur ignorance and selfishness #prick #MoneyGrabber

• edited July 2012
    colthe3rd said:

George Friend played alongside Taylor at Exeter but was used mainly as a wing back on the lhs. He played against us two seasons ago when on loan from Wolves back at Exeter, i think in left midfield. Big bloke, energetic, their best player that day. Would be a good signing, still quite young, can play in different positions, quite quick. A value signing at £100k I would say. I'm sure he's been linked elsewhere this summer and at the time I thought he'd be good for us, I'd be pleased if we got him.

You can remember how well an opposition player played against us 2 years ago? Hmm...
    I had an eye out for him to be honest in that game. I live near Exeter and used to watch them quite a bit when they were in L2 and we were in the Champ, particularly when Fleetwood was on loan there. I didn't think Friend was that special before Wolves bought him, but he was a much better player when they loaned him back. Pretty sure this was the game when, rather embarrassingly, my picture was in the program along with 2 of my sons, as we'd been to the MK Dons game v Exeter two weeks earlier as the boys had got free tickets through Exeters FITC scheme!

I've followed Friends career (along with a few other Exeter academy graduates, including Dean Moxey (blush)) as all my sons play FITC scheme and one has had a couple of trials for their Academy. I know a few Addicks live in and around Exeter. If you ever look through the Express and Echo and see Charlton Shirts in the photos of the Exeter FITC training days over the holidays them those are my boys!

Friend did well at Doncaster, like another ex Exeter player, James Coppinger - who I also thought would do a job for us

Darren Twell ‏@DalTwell
    If Sam baldock doesn't wanna come #cafc bcoz of wages then he can Fuck off! Don't need ur ignorance and selfishness #prick #MoneyGrabber

Yep. Confirmed. I still hate twitter.

• what a mallet

twitter is such a poxy place
  • Baldock isn't on twitter it seems but still embarassing comment

Darren Twell ‏@DalTwell

What a knob!!
  • Twitter is not bad just some people who lack reason and do not engage their brain before tweeting
  • Baldock not signing presumably means we move on to another target ?
  • Yep the story is about them making a move for Baldock again
  • cfgs said:

Yep the story is about them making a move for Baldock again

Link?
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

Yep the story is about them making a move for Baldock again

Link?
    Hen and pig farmers weekly.

• Not gunna lie I REALLY wanted Baldock :/ Ah well...
  • colthe3rd said:

George Friend played alongside Taylor at Exeter but was used mainly as a wing back on the lhs. He played against us two seasons ago when on loan from Wolves back at Exeter, i think in left midfield. Big bloke, energetic, their best player that day. Would be a good signing, still quite young, can play in different positions, quite quick. A value signing at £100k I would say. I'm sure he's been linked elsewhere this summer and at the time I thought he'd be good for us, I'd be pleased if we got him.

You can remember how well an opposition player played against us 2 years ago? Hmm...
    I had an eye out for him to be honest in that game. I live near Exeter and used to watch them quite a bit when they were in L2 and we were in the Champ, particularly when Fleetwood was on loan there. I didn't think Friend was that special before Wolves bought him, but he was a much better player when they loaned him back. Pretty sure this was the game when, rather embarrassingly, my picture was in the program along with 2 of my sons, as we'd been to the MK Dons game v Exeter two weeks earlier as the boys had got free tickets through Exeters FITC scheme!

I've followed Friends career (along with a few other Exeter academy graduates, including Dean Moxey (blush)) as all my sons play FITC scheme and one has had a couple of trials for their Academy. I know a few Addicks live in and around Exeter. If you ever look through the Express and Echo and see Charlton Shirts in the photos of the Exeter FITC training days over the holidays them those are my boys!

Friend did well at Doncaster, like another ex Exeter player, James Coppinger - who I also thought would do a job for us
    I agree about Coppinger, a good player, very skilful and perceptive. I'll have a bet that O'Driscoll signs him for Forest VERY soon
  • colthe3rd said:

That's fair enough, sorry didn't mean it as a dig but far too many on here are saying how good some players are after having seen them for 5 mins or not at all and just basing opinions on computer games. Cheers for the info.
  • I think we've moved on from him, just a hunch. Powell wants players who want to play for the club, you get the feeling this bloke dosen't.
  • Cheers for all the links guys.
  • Genuinely gutted if true, Baldock is very decent!
  • Sponsored links:

• Im getting a horrible feeling we may go in for Stuart Beavon...
  • If Baldock was watching tonight maybe he has changed his opinion? I doubt Ipswich could beat Sporting.
  • TravHouse said:

Im getting a horrible feeling we may go in for Stuart Beavon...

Can see it too, a panic buy. Would be gutted if we got him, would rather stay with what we've got.
  • I'm not going to get too down if we miss out on this fella , he's certainly not the first , and won't be the last 'name' we've been linked with that we've missed out on , leave it to Chris and the board to get the right people at the right price , who can do a very good job here , this is a very competative division with some tough clubs in it , who have been in it a while , this ain't gonna be an easy season!

I hope Michael Smith continues to get a good run out in preseason , and continues to impress.
  • Ipswich drew with Den Bosch tonight. Hopefully someone tells him we beat them in the peoples cup final last pre season.
  • Ipswich drew with Den Bosch tonight. Hopefully someone tells him we beat them in the peoples cup final last pre season.

Yes the Peoples cup , that will live long in the memory. :-0

• Leicester might release Schlupp if they get another striker....
  • If Baldock still lives (or still has a house) near Milton Keynes, then geographically Ipswich is a far easier move for him than Charlton. Can't say I'd blame him if he can stay at home with friends & family, rather than moving.

Alternatively a drive from Milton Keynes to New Eltham & back each day is far from ideal.

He may of course have a house in Essex, but it is possible that Ipswich is still an easier option than New Eltham.
  • Swisdom said:

Leicester might release Schlupp if they get another striker....

I would like Schlupp on a perm. I wonder how Maynard ranks at Hammers? Despite being in front of Baldock, he may be cheaper.

• Swisdom said:

Leicester might release Schlupp if they get another striker....

I would like Schlupp on a perm. I wonder how Maynard ranks at Hammers? Despite being in front of Baldock, he may be cheaper.

I just don't get the schlupp thing? OK he got a hat trick against notts county or someone in the league cup, then got himself injured & apart from that ? He's young & his career has been short. Lets get someone in with at least a bit of track history.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!