Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• My mate cuts Hughes' hair, Hughes told him that he's been involved in a training capacity at the club.
  • Swisdom said:

As I understood it we'd agreed the fee for Baldock and it was down to personal terms now.

So we were close but not now it seems

my info tells me fee agreed, terms agreed so all down to whether he wants to move or fight for his place in a PL team. We are certainly closer to signing him than Ipswich are.

• Swisdom said:

As I understood it we'd agreed the fee for Baldock and it was down to personal terms now.

my info tells me fee agreed, terms agreed so all down to whether he wants to move or fight for his place in a PL team. We are certainly closer to signing him than Ipswich are.

That's encouraging. Cheers Large.

• There is slightly less pressure to send players out on loan with the increased number of substitute places.
  • Swisdom said:

nice one large, excellent news if true.

• seth plum said:

There is slightly less pressure to send players out on loan with the increased number of substitute places.

I think , if possible, it would be good for Pope, Mambo and Smith to go on loan. Mambo and Smith certainly have to prove themselves in League 2, Pope did well at Welling so minimum of the Blue Square Prem I would think.
  • I don't see what's wrong with getting excited about a rumour its what the summer is all about. What else is there to do when there is no football? Doesn't mean we are all going to kill ourselves when it turns it not to be true.
  • Norfolk you are right, sadly some posts are about 'killing yourself' if said rumour doesn't come true as in 'I'll be gutted if we miss out on x now...'
  • Swisdom said:

That's encouraging. Cheers Large.

I went on the Ipswich fans site to see if they had any solid rumours and there were six pages of mainly unrelated threads on Emile Heskey - why can't they start one and stick to it? Would do my head in!
  • If we sign Baldock, will Seth still insist we weren't in for him ? :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• If we sign Baldock, will Seth still insist we weren't in for him ? :-)

If we sign Baldock we were manifestly in for him, signing him would be evidence and not rumour. However the next question would be 'where did we get the money from?'. Or maybe, 'who do we sell to pay for Baldock?'
    Or we may also say 'I don't care about the costs, I don't care if it risks bankrupting the club, I want Baldock, I want him now, because I'm worth it, because I deserve it'.

Anyway we haven't signed him.

• seth plum said:

If we sign Baldock, will Seth still insist we weren't in for him ? :-)

If we sign Baldock we were manifestly in for him, signing him would be evidence and not rumour. However the next question would be 'where did we get the money from?'. Or maybe, 'who do we sell to pay for Baldock?'
    Or we may also say 'I don't care about the costs, I don't care if it risks bankrupting the club, I want Baldock, I want him now, because I'm worth it, because I deserve it'.

LOL
  • seth plum said:

If we sign Baldock, will Seth still insist we weren't in for him ? :-)

LOL
  • All we've heard is that he's 'supposedly' having talks with Ipswich....maybe he's not had any talks with us as yet as CP is away?
    I mean to say....who knows....until pen is put to paper then 'nothing' is certain and as yet there's no indication that has or is about to happen.
  • missed out on Lee Trundle, just signed a year's contract at PNE.

Did not even think he was still about.
  • wonder if he's still demanding image rights to be written into his contract?
    Dont think we missed out on much there, thought his been crap since he had his couple of decent seasons for Swansea
  • Missed out? You sure about that..
  • Brodie has gone on loan from Crawley to Morecombe............weren't we interested in him the other year ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

I'm getting excited!!!!!!

Any news on our football Friend?

As in Lee "I send my own videos into Soccer AM so someone notices me" Trundle? Yeah, pissed we missed out on a Welsh footballer Paris Hilton.

• He wants a pay off from the hammers simple as
  • Latest offerings from FR

After missing out on Sam Baldock, Charlton are now looking to sign Matty Fryatt from Hull.
    They will also finalise the transfer of Doncaster's George Friend on Monday, when Chris Powell and his team returns from Spain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 Jul 2012 09:56:30
    Charlton have had a bid of 1.2 million bid accepted by Blackburn for David Goodwillie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 Jul 2012 09:50:02
    Steven Davies of Derby to join up with Charlton when they return from pre-season training in Spain. Charlton to meet Derby's £1m asking price. Found this out from my mate who is married to a ticket sales person at Derby.

• "Who is married to a ticket sales person at Derby." Ha ha, brilliant.

• David Goodwillie isn't a bad shout - he needs to sort out his off-the-field antics though, silly boy.
  • cafc_joe said:

"Who is married to a ticket sales person at Derby." Ha ha, brilliant.

Had a good laugh at that one myself Joe...though we're going to be right plums if it turns out to be true!!

• Dad's a Dundee United fan and always said Goodwillie was quality there (even if it was in that league). Fair bit of pace, did sweet fa at Blackburn though, what off field antics though Stebo?
  • i've been trying to sell my Goodwillie for years
  • Dad's a Dundee United fan and always said Goodwillie was quality there (even if it was in that league). Fair bit of pace, did sweet fa at Blackburn though, what off field antics though Stebo?

Was up on a rape charge last year. Brilliant name to be up on a rape charge with :-)

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!