Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• how much would they cost Yassin ? i have a fiver if they tossers have change

I've re-read this several times and I still can not work out what it means.

• Latest offering from the ever reliable Football Rumours.

Sam Baldock or Roque Santa Cruz on loan.
  • Anyone heard of meshack lewis? Apparently signing for fulham from our academy? I've never actually heard of him before. Weird....

http://cc.fulhamfc.com/m/discussion?id=3232738:Topic:1808710
  • Anyone heard of meshack lewis? Apparently signing for fulham from our academy? I've never actually heard of him before. Weird....

well, considering I don't think he exists I'm guessing that is a windup!

Nope ?

well, considering I don't think he exists I'm guessing that is a windup!
  • George Friend set to sign for Forest on Monday. No surprise. Assume their new boss knows him well.
  • fee agreed with middlesborough too i think, don't think we were ever after him personally.
  • Mike said:

fee agreed with middlesborough too i think, don't think we were ever after him personally.

Who ? Friend or Baldock ?

• Friend
  • Sponsored links:

• Cant see anything on the net about Friend going to Forest or Boro. Other than football rumours, and that doesnt count. The Boro story is old, I thought.
  • http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7924930/
    Harry Kewell wanted by Boro and Blackburn. Past it now surely?
  • jakecafc said:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7924930/

He was a nasty little sh-t when he played at the valley

• jakecafc said:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7924930/

He'll be a youngster in that Rovers side.
  • edited July 2012
    Lot of people thinking that Baldock won't consider joining Charlton because he's a greedy so and so and wants £15k a week or whatever?

So I sat and thought, if it was me, I was Baldock - what would I want? ......I'm low down in the pecking order but I'm already at a club in the Premier League.

My ambition is to play in the Prem -and I might well get my chance right here at the 'Appy 'Ammers.

Or do I drop down to the Champs with Charlton or Ipswich, I get regular football - but promotion to the Prem probably won't happen this year. Or it might. Oh fukkit - I don't know what to do!

So I think I might just hang on at West Ham and see if I'm named in their 25-man Prem squad.

If not, hey Charlton, come and get me!

(Perhaps you all think I need another beer...?)
  • Oggy Red said:

Lot of people thinking that Baldock won't consider joining Charlton because he's a greedy so and so and wants £15k a week or whatever?

So I sat and thought, if it was me, I was Baldock - what would I want? ......I'm low down in the pecking order but I'm already at a club in the Premier League.

My ambition is to play in the Prem -and I might well get my chance right here at the 'Appy 'Ammers.

Or do I drop down to the Champs with Charlton or Ipswich, I get regular football - but promotion to the Prem probably won't happen this year. Or it might. Oh fukkit - I don't know what to do!

So I think I might just hang on at West Ham and see if I'm named in their 25-man Prem squad.

Not me, Oggy. Think you're talking a lot of sense.

• He might want to fight for a place - knowing if he doesn't make it he can always leave in January, or go out on loan.

£15k per week isn't totally OTT for a decent Championship these days - we're paying Henderson c.£12k, and Keogh must be on a fair wedge too.
  • Oggy Red said:

You always need another beer.
  • george Friend in talks with Middlesbrough its confirmed on the Doncaster website so were South London Press correct with their story and were we ever after him I wonder?
  • Vinnie V. said:

Oggy Red said:

You always need another beer.
    Sigh, I've been rumbled, tis true.

Your round ...?
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

Unlikely cos SCP wouldn't stand for that, he wants players who want to play for him, full stop!
  • Oggy Red said:

Unlikely cos SCP wouldn't stand for that, he wants players who want to play for him, full stop!
    Yes, of course, Silent one.

But it depends how any interview would have been conducted - SCP is pretty good on the people aspect of things, like really listening to the way the player is trying to put his side of things.

It may not be so much about money after all. The player perhaps has a dilemma going on in his head - and the time may not be right for him to leave West Ham, until he knows they are going to push him out of the door?

All conjecture, of course.
  • Cant see anything on the net about Friend going to Forest or Boro. Other than football rumours, and that doesnt count. The Boro story is old, I thought.

afraid not. Like I said, I doubt we were ever in for him. God knows who we are in for though
  • Dean saunders said there's a few clubs in for friend so it all depends where he wants to go hopefully he fancies a move down south
  • Anyone got any info on the Goodwillie rumour?
  • Probably doesn't count as 'info' but there was a post on fr that we want goodwillie on loan with an option to buy. Most likely made up

• If Baldock wants to stay put and fight for a place at WH then what the f*** has all the fannying about this last week sorting an agreeable deal been about?

I don't buy this stuff about everything supposedly now being in place and only now they have the brain wave to actually consult the player and see if he'd entertain the notion of moving. Thats a totally ridiculous way of doing business and simply doesn't happen.
    He must have, in principal at least, agreed to the possibility of coming to us from the outset. If from this point he turns us down it'll be about something else, most likely financial...but neither he nor his agent would ever admit to that. Theres a very good chance the 'ol `wants to stay at the 'Ammers and fight for his place' excuse would get wheeled out then but it would be a lie.
  • You can't talk to any player without their club's permission though. I imagine that permission would only be given once a deal is agreed between the two clubs.
  • I'm sure that the team would say to him 'look Charlton are interested would you be interested in the move?' if he says yes and the bid is just about satisfactory then they'd accept it surely? But personally I don't think it will happen to be honest
  • You can't talk to any player without their club's permission though. I imagine that permission would only be given once a deal is agreed between the two clubs.

True but most clubs sound out the player or agent first. Remember when Parker left he knew we had had an offer for him from Chelsea before Murray/Curbs told him that one had been rejected

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!