Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Scoham said:

Got an email from the club about Valley Gold. Pictures of Wilson, Solly and Wagstaff. No Green - a sign he's leaving?

I doubt it to be honest, seemed really lively against SCP and I feel this will be his season to shine

• Was there a picture of Sir Chris of Powell....now that's got me worried!
  • sam3110 said:

Scoham said:

Got an email from the club about Valley Gold. Pictures of Wilson, Solly and Wagstaff. No Green - a sign he's leaving?

I doubt it to be honest, seemed really lively against SCP and I feel this will be his season to shine

Hmm, Sir Chris is hardly in his prime as a player though, is he?
  • Wolves want 500k for vokes two championship clubs are battling for his signiture. Burnley is one of them the other is unnamed.
    I think hes definitely worth a punt. In fact I would go as far as saying I would prefer him to baldock
  • FR is running out of ideas:

22 Jul 2012 14:42:35
    Charlton close to loan deal for David Bentley with option of permanent should Charlton be promoted in may.

BWP to Leicester for £1.5m

Reliable source!
  • FR is running out of ideas:

22 Jul 2012 14:42:35
    Charlton close to loan deal for David Bentley with option of permanent should Charlton be promoted in may.

BWP to Leicester for £1.5m

Reliable source!

To be fair I think FR ran out of ideas a long time ago!
  • I would like Vokes as competition for Kermy in the 'big man' role. Many will disagree but I am fairly happy with Haynes/BWP competing for one place and Kermy needs competition/back up. We need a biggish striker in case Kermy gets injured. Smith has looked good but wouldn't want to rely on him yet. Vokes would be a good signing.
  • Michael Owen in talks with Bolton.
  • Michael Owen in talks with Bolton.

If true then how the mighty have fallen there! Thought playing beneath PL level was literally beneath him!?
  • Wasn't Vokes on loan at Brighton last season? I don't think he impressed them much TBH, but he used to be a very good player.
  • Sponsored links:

• FR 23 Jul 2012 09:29:26
    USA midfielder Ricardo Clark to sign for Charlton on a free transfer following his release from eintacht, effective 31 July!
  • Sam Vokes would be a massive yes from me.
    Always rated him and £500k is not beyond the realms of possibility hopefully
    USA midfielder Ricardo Clark to sign for Charlton on a free transfer following his release from eintacht, effective 31 July!

Yes ! get in, we needed a new Corry Gibbs for the squad !

Are you Cory in disguise? Are you Cory in disguise? (to the original WW1 tune of 'we can see you sneaking out')

• James Ashton Chelsea Reserve team player apparently signing/signed for us according to my mate! Midfielder I think! Don't have many details on it and there's no info anywhere online not even rumours! And he hasn't got a wiki page! But he was with James last night and rang me up to say that he was training with charlton from this week so I'm guessing when we get back from Spain! Not sure if/when this will be confirmed but the player himself said it so the move must be on the cards! Ha an injury hit last 3years though!
  • edited July 2012
    Addick90 said:

James Ashton Chelsea Reserve team player apparently signing/signed for us according to my mate! Midfielder I think! Don't have many details on it and there's no info anywhere online not even rumours! And he hasn't got a wiki page! But he was with James last night and rang me up to say that he was training with charlton from this week so I'm guessing when we get back from Spain! Not sure if/when this will be confirmed but the player himself said it so the move must be on the cards! Ha an injury hit last 3years though!

Underwhelmed. But it would be another player SCP can develop and mold to his style which is very good.
  • Addick90 said:

James Ashton Chelsea Reserve team player apparently signing/signed for us according to my mate! Midfielder I think! Don't have many details on it and there's no info anywhere online not even rumours! And he hasn't got a wiki page! But he was with James last night and rang me up to say that he was training with charlton from this week so I'm guessing when we get back from Spain! Not sure if/when this will be confirmed but the player himself said it so the move must be on the cards! Ha an injury hit last 3years though!

Is it a loan deal? I hate it when players only join to get fit to play for their own club. They never get stuck in when it is called for.

Happy if it's permenant.
  • More FR:

23 Jul 2012 06:12:35
    CHARLTON ATHLETIC are set to sign Zavon Hines who has previously worked with assistant manager Alex Dyer at West Ham, Also Charlton are set to take Hogan Hogan Ephraim on a season long loan from QPR.
  • Hines was released by Burnley so would be a freebie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Do not want Zavon Hines near the club.
  • Can't see the point of us bringing in Hines when we've got Haynes. Released by Burnley..no thanks! Of all the rumours today the Kalifa Cisse one interests me the most. Centre Half/Def Mid and Bolton are interested. If we can bring him in then we'll be very solid at the back.
  • Addick90 said:

If this is genuine then sounds like a great bit of work by SCP.
  • Addick90 said:

q
    Only 10 games played for youth and reserves in the last 4 years due to injuries and illnesses!! Don't touch this guy with a bargepole with this kind of record!! See this: http://thechels.info/wiki/James_Ashton
  • Aston sounds like a real sick note he missed most of last season with a chest infection and the season before that was missed through injury. Still must be quite good if Chelsea give him a pro deal in spite of this.
  • Addick90 said:

On what basis does this sound like a good deal?
  • J BLOCK said:

Addick90 said:

19 year old. Professionals at chelsea clearly see a player with great potential. Added depth. Free transfer... Although if any mention of cost came about or a sizeable wage then said points can be disregarded.
  • J BLOCK said:

Addick90 said:

19 year old. Professionals at chelsea clearly see a player with great potential. Added depth. Free transfer... Although if any mention of cost came about or a sizeable wage then said points can be disregarded.
    Because he's a professional at chelsea he's a 'great bit of work'?? and added depth could come form any young player released from a prem team and one who has played more games.
  • There's a fair bit of risk in any of this latest batch of rumours. Cisse is the only one that interests me, I don't think we need to be taking too many punts now. We need 4 or so real quality permanent signings that can at least challenge for a first team place this season.
  • Professionals 'at' Chelsea see potential. It's there job to see a future in a young player. And you don't give a contract to a injury prone player on a random punt.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!