Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Addick90 said:

James Ashton Chelsea Reserve team player apparently signing/signed for us according to my mate! Midfielder I think! Don't have many details on it and there's no info anywhere online not even rumours! And he hasn't got a wiki page! But he was with James last night and rang me up to say that he was training with charlton from this week so I'm guessing when we get back from Spain! Not sure if/when this will be confirmed but the player himself said it so the move must be on the cards! Ha an injury hit last 3years though!

If this is genuine then sounds like a great bit of work by SCP.
    On what basis does this sound like a good deal?
    19 year old. Professionals at chelsea clearly see a player with great potential. Added depth. Free transfer... Although if any mention of cost came about or a sizeable wage then said points can be disregarded.
    Because he's a professional at chelsea he's a 'great bit of work'?? and added depth could come form any young player released from a prem team and one who has played more games.
    If we signed him on a pay as you play deal it would be a good deal.

• Professionals 'at' Chelsea see potential. It's there job to see a future in a young player. And you don't give a contract to a injury prone player on a random punt.

And professionals 'at' other clubs don't?
  • I'll ask my mate to see if he is training with us
  • I think the natural assumption is a club like Chelsea would have higher standards about which youngsters they would give pro deals to. Not always the case but that is why he would be on a week's trial first... If the rumour is true
  • Danny Hollands was at Chelsea, and we have released players who have gone on to play for us again and indeed gone a bit higher than we currently are so not going to write him off just because Chelsea released him.
  • Sky- Portsmouth struggling to pay wages and are looking to offload players.
  • According to Sky we are keeping an eye on the situation regarding Tom Heaton.
  • There's a fair bit of risk in any of this latest batch of rumours. Cisse is the only one that interests me, I don't think we need to be taking too many punts now. We need 4 or so real quality permanent signings that can at least challenge for a first team place this season.

Agree. Unless someone very promising becomes available I don't think we need any more signings for the future at the moment (but someone that good would probably challenge for a first team place anyway).
  • Didn't we sign another prospect from Chelsea a few years ago - Dowie era I think? Vaguely recall him as a centre back - anyone remember?
  • Oakster said:

Didn't we sign another prospect from Chelsea a few years ago - Dowie era I think? Vaguely recall him as a centre back - anyone remember?

Pardew had Harry Worley on trial, centre back. Played Braga in the pre-season friendly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addick90 said:

James Ashton Chelsea Reserve team player apparently signing/signed for us according to my mate! Midfielder I think! Don't have many details on it and there's no info anywhere online not even rumours! And he hasn't got a wiki page! But he was with James last night and rang me up to say that he was training with charlton from this week so I'm guessing when we get back from Spain! Not sure if/when this will be confirmed but the player himself said it so the move must be on the cards! Ha an injury hit last 3years though!

q
    Only 10 games played for youth and reserves in the last 4 years due to injuries and illnesses!! Don't touch this guy with a bargepole with this kind of record!! See this: http://thechels.info/wiki/James_Ashton
    He's still a kid. You can't be injury prone at 18 or 19. If it looks like he could have potential and he costs nothing then let's take a look at him on trial. If he turns out to be a dud then so what?The problem in this country is we write off young players too early 'cos our coaches don't really know how to progress some players. He's only played for Chelsea reserves two or three times......so what!
  • Addick90 said:

q
    Only 10 games played for youth and reserves in the last 4 years due to injuries and illnesses!! Don't touch this guy with a bargepole with this kind of record!! See this: http://thechels.info/wiki/James_Ashton
    He's still a kid. You can't be injury prone at 18 or 19. If it looks like he could have potential and he costs nothing then let's take a look at him on trial. If he turns out to be a dud then so what?The problem in this country is we write off young players too early 'cos our coaches don't really know how to progress some players. He's only played for Chelsea reserves two or three times......so what!
    Would have agreed but he only played 7 times in 4 years for their youth sides... Doesn't say much for his constitution as young players recovery are usually good and more so seeing the state of art the Chelsea's medical rooms must be. A sick note?
  • Oakster said:

Didn't we sign another prospect from Chelsea a few years ago - Dowie era I think? Vaguely recall him as a centre back - anyone remember?

Pardew had Harry Worley on trial, centre back. Played Braga in the pre-season friendly.
    that's the one - so he's at Oxford now according to soccerbase
  • According to Sky we are keeping an eye on the situation regarding Tom Heaton.

He saved a load of penalty's V Palarse in the carling cup semi. For that alone he can join.
  • Think we should look at Huseklepp from Portsmouth, might even be able to get him on a free and he looked pretty good last season.
  • Think we should look at Huseklepp from Portsmouth, might even be able to get him on a free and he looked pretty good last season.

Agree, always liked the look of him. Think he was on loan to Birmingham for the 2nd part of last season? Liam Lawrence would also be a decent back-up player to have if he can stay injury-free. Bet both are on fairly high wages though.
  • wouldn't want Lawrence but Huseklepp did alright at Pompey and then at Brum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Hb9zHbsFs&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • edited July 2012
    Varney and Gray gone to Leeds
  • gone to leeds
  • Sponsored links:

• Gone to Leeds apparently
  • Ahhhhh the ever successful Varney + Gray combo
  • Bubble said:

Ahhhhh the ever successful Varney + Gray combo

Lol. That's what I thought.

• apparently, and dont quote me on this, varney and gray have now gone to leeds
  • edited July 2012
    Hasn't husselkepp gone Birmingham and Lawrence is at Cardiff?
  • Lawrence was on loan at Cardiff as was Husselkepp at Birmingham.
  • Lee Barnard, Ryan Dickson and Jonathan Forte have been left out of Southamptons pre-season tour.

Would take Barnard. Ex Spurs youth, done well for Southend before being picked up by Saints. Used to living down South. Would be a good signing IMO. Scored 23 in 38 games in League one for Saints, didn't play much last season.
  • JTJT
    edited July 2012
    Three Championship London clubs have expressed an interest in Chris Hussey (Coventry Telegraph)

He's a left back
  • Huseklepp is signing for SK Brann (Norway) for 4,5 years. So forget him :)
  • JT said:

Three Championship London clubs have expressed an interest in Chris Hussey (Coventry Telegraph)

He's a left back

As we have Wiggins and Evina I'd say that's Millwall, Palace and Watford.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!