Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• CafcSCP said:

Saravia is the lad we took on trial from Mertsham isn't he?

I think so.
  • If we sign this Gonzo fella, along with Kermit are we going are any other Muppets, perhaps Animal or Beaker!
  • If we sign this Gonzo fella, along with Kermit are we going are any other Muppets, perhaps Animal or Beaker!

Haha - Hamer has a touch of the Beaker about him.
  • Valley11 said:

If we sign this Gonzo fella, along with Kermit are we going are any other Muppets, perhaps Animal or Beaker!
    Haha - Hamer has a touch of the Beaker about him.

love it!! Lol
  • edited July 2012
    was this one any good, its Saravia @Sage :

Also Pardrew has been busy today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Suhf4K_3z70
  • Well it seems shopping in Lidle is the way forward but I suppose a few bargains are possible.
  • That guy simon roe that took that photo I worked at waitrose hes a palace fan haha anyway been that triallist from merstham is a talented lad from a merstham fan
  • Also just watched the video I would say he dont look that stand out at that level! I played for dorking redhill and warminster town at the same level and I played with better stand out players! But hayhoo chrissie powell mite see something special on a better pitch
  • playing Devil's Advocate for once, I do have a little sympathy for Clarke. Just Imagine if you were him - 6 months ago he signs for the League leaderds in League 1 and expects to be playing in the Championship the following season - instead he hardly gets a game & then when the squad is assembled for pre-season he is frozen out - he doesn't go with the rest of his team mates to Spain but is left at home. Doesn't get to plau any proper pre-season games (which he needs to get match fit) and ends up playing with a bunch of kids & trialists at the training ground. Don't forget he is a seasoned pro and not some stroppy kid - perhaps he needs to be traeted like an adult, because I know if I was in his shoes I wouldn't ne too happy either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Who knows what's happened between him and Powell though. He hasn't done too well getting along with other players/managers at other clubs. He could be that stroppy kid around sparrows lane and deserves to play with the kids.
  • Golfie, I doubt Clarke was frozen out without reason. There must be a point when Clarke should look at himself and question why he's had problems at a few of the clubs he's been at.
  • I remember when clarke played against Margate in the Kent cup he played well bagged a couple of goals if I remember right. Shame really.
  • Operation Pig warned us about Clarke. Oh christ I've mentioned you know which club. There will now be 50 posts slagging me off.
  • Well it seems shopping in Lidle is the way forward but I suppose a few bargains are possible.

starting to look more like aldi...
  • Maybe it's could be that be came in acting the big bollocks amongst a close knit squad of players that went out and played for each every week rather than acting the big I AM.

Solly, was that too negative?
  • The scary thing is some of our fans think we'll get a fee for Clarke lol utter utter pony consign him to room 101 of Charlton Dross , if he showed more commitment he would have a few supporters ala kakpo

And Hayes and Clarkes wages will also be a stumbling block, the alleged big salaries these players are on will make them less attracrtive propositions to new teams .......
    And there was I thinking last years new players joined us not for the money ..... Perleeeeeease
    And all these wonderful new signings filing thru the door early enough to bed in with the squad prove one thing imo someones done some number crunching and realised this football lark is an expensive exercise and they're not gonna burn their money on us...... I mean what did they expect ffs
  • Clarke is poor you could tell that from his 10 minute debut. Chesterfield fans weren't even that upset at losing their top goalscorer.
  • Clarke has achieved more than any other Charlton player this summer - unified Life members on an issue. Wow!
  • The scary thing is some of our fans think we'll get a fee for Clarke lol utter utter pony consign him to room 101 of Charlton Dross , if he showed more commitment he would have a few supporters ala kakpo

And Hayes and Clarkes wages will also be a stumbling block, the alleged big salaries these players are on will make them less attracrtive propositions to new teams .......
    And there was I thinking last years new players joined us not for the money ..... Perleeeeeease
    And all these wonderful new signings filing thru the door early enough to bed in with the squad prove one thing imo someones done some number crunching and realised this football lark is an expensive exercise and they're not gonna burn their money on us...... I mean what did they expect ffs

You're not happy are you? I can tell.
  • Sponsored links:

You're not happy are you? I can tell.
    You should work for MI5 with those skills of perception!

• Don't forget he is a seasoned pro and not some stroppy kid

Not sure about that!
  • IMO, he's a stroppy seasoned pro and therein lies the problem at CAFC and every other club he's been at.

If SCP doesn't want that attitude around then best we help find him a new club, and hence not going on tour and playing with trialists etc. Get him in the shop window.

You can bring a horse to water but sometimes you have to smack it with a 2x4 to get it to drink.
  • Clarke had the big bust up with DiCanio at Swindon and sat on the pitch and sulked for an hour after the game, this behaviour seems to be his modus operandi when he doesn't get his own way. Maybe he has had a ding dong with Powell.
    Never rated him, a donkey of a player. Get rid ASAP.
  • A lot of talk admittedly only on twitter but not from Charlton fans about Hines moving getting close because of Dyer links. Don't know how much concrete there is behind it but just spoke to a Burnley fan who said he would be a good player if he just goes to club where he'll play consistently
  • only 23, but not exactly a free scoring striker is he? Burnley never started him apparently
  • Don't think we need another "Oh is he a striker, maybe a winger" type... next.
  • edited July 2012
    That hines rumour has nothing behind it, nothing at all, one guy on twitter made an account pretending to be a football person in the know, probably made by a 12 year old, claming that hines is close to joining charlton, no one else has mentioned it on twitter or anywhere else. Who ever that is has a lot of time on his hands
  • ackworth
  • That ashton kid has been with us since last season
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!