Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• im sure that is said every summer
  • Maybe, but he's maturing all the time.

When he first came in he was all about pace and I feel he's now learning his position more than ever.

He reminds me of Robbo when he first came in as Robert Lee's replacement. Headless chicken at the begining but he matured into his position more than anyone I can think of.

His best days might even be in his early 30's!
  • His best days might even be in his early 30's!

love the optimism but you cant keep a player for 8 years in the hope he might turn out good!
  • i remember having the same doubts about john robinson and look what he done for us
  • Maybe, but he's maturing all the time.

When he first came in he was all about pace and I feel he's now learning his position more than ever.

He reminds me of Robbo when he first came in as Robert Lee's replacement. Headless chicken at the begining but he matured into his position more than anyone I can think of.

Agreed.
  • His best days might even be in his early 30's!

love the optimism but you cant keep a player for 8 years in the hope he might turn out good!
    Unless he's called Kevin Lisbie?

• I'm so bored SCP could sign anyone at the moment and I'd be happy.

Including a two year extension for Clarke?
    No but a two year extension for Yann will keep me happy for quite some time.
  • If CP bought in a promising 22yo winger with 20 goals in 130 games, many as sub for his club, I think we would be upbeat. But Waggy is already here.
  • Also Doctor Kish said that we rejected an 80k offer from Oldham for Clarke which I would've thought we would've accepted. Then again as others have said maybe the bidders want us to pay him a percentage of his wages.

Link: http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201207&date=20120725&time=2030
  • I was told at the end of the season that Waggy was being offered to other clubs as we were trying to sign Antonio. Can't see him being interested in Palace though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surprised Clarke hasn't gone but I am beginning to think that there is no money. I find it hard to believe we have missed all our targets. I genuinely doubt we are in for anyone of decent pedigree now.
  • Surprised Clarke hasn't gone but I am beginning to think that there is no money. I find it hard to believe we have missed all our targets. I genuinely doubt we are in for anyone of decent pedigree now.

I see it differently. If we were desperate for cash we'd get rid but holding out for the right offer indicates to me that we are not at the bottom of the barrel yet.

Also - last year was exceptional in terms of the number of players we had in by this time. A different league and a different need for players. No indication we've missed our top targets at all.

But are many championship teams actually buying much, there are half-a-dozen clubs who have fantastic parachute payments that will maintain a spending advantage for a while. Charlton have spent between £400,000 to £500,000 so far and have not sold anyone. Do we also have to comply with the fairplay live-within-your-means rule this season or does that start next year? Either way we have to start working within the rules now.

• redcarter said:

Wagstaff to Palace http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=234481

(From a Palace forum)

No chance
  • SCP wanted his players in early. It didn't happen because there was money problems. Quite bizarrely since then we have spent £400,000 on right back cover. Since then nada and not even any decent ITK rumours. I don't think all is well but that's just my opinion but only time will tell. To be honest I'm expecting a couple more unknowns into the squad but nothing more than that.
  • Also Doctor Kish said that we rejected an 80k offer from Oldham for Clarke which I would've thought we would've accepted. Then again as others have said maybe the bidders want us to pay him a percentage of his wages.

Link: http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201207&date=20120725&time=2030

oldham are skint there's no way they would have offered that much. Rumour has it that they offered to waive Dale Stephens' sell-on in exchange for clarke.
  • Stebo said:

Also Doctor Kish said that we rejected an 80k offer from Oldham for Clarke which I would've thought we would've accepted. Then again as others have said maybe the bidders want us to pay him a percentage of his wages.

oldham are skint there's no way they would have offered that much. Rumour has it that they offered to waive Dale Stephens' sell-on in exchange for clarke.
    I wouldve taken that! Think Dale will be a top player for us this year and will be a prem player in a few years (hopefully for us)
  • Our friend Baldock played 45 mins for the hammers last night.
  • Has the 'players not getting paid' thread been removed?
  • Looks like it.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Has the 'players not getting paid' thread been removed?

did not see that thread, gone in a flash by the look of it.

• seth plum said:

I asked for it to be removed. There's no point sharing something if the majority of replies are going to be verging on abusive, especially after I've potentially jeopardised people to let you lot know what I'd been told. I wasn't expecting everyone to believe that he wasn't being paid as fact, because I find it strange myself given new contracts etc. I was just sharing what I'd been told and I naively expected a mix of 'thanks for sharing' type comments along with a some justified, civilised 'not sure if I believe that that's the case but thanks for letting us know that this is what you believe to be true'.
    No doubt I'll now get 'you removed it because its boll**ks' responses but ah well.
    I won't make the same mistake of sharing anything else in future!
    Call me over sensitive but I'm not the first and won't be the last person to feel the same.
    Anyway, this thread is for rumours, not rants!! : )
  • Ross_cafc said:

seth plum said:

I asked for it to be removed. There's no point sharing something if the majority of replies are going to be verging on abusive, especially after I've potentially jeopardised people to let you lot know what I'd been told. I wasn't expecting everyone to believe that he wasn't being paid as fact, because I find it strange myself given new contracts etc. I was just sharing what I'd been told and I naively expected a mix of 'thanks for sharing' type comments along with a some justified, civilised 'not sure if I believe that that's the case but thanks for letting us know that this is what you believe to be true'.
    No doubt I'll now get 'you removed it because its boll**ks' responses but ah well.
    I won't make the same mistake of sharing anything else in future!
    Call me over sensitive but I'm not the first and won't be the last person to feel the same.
    Anyway, this thread is for rumours, not rants!! : )
    i dont think you are the only one who has heard this rumour mate.
  • Here we go again!!!!!
  • Paul Anderson signing for Brizzle City on a free. Wouldn't of minded him at Charlton tbf
  • I wish people would just take Ross' comments with a little more good grace and not hammer him for posting something that he heard from what he regards as a good source.It is just a rumour posted on a football forum..Some people are not wanting to believe that MAYBE things are not all they seem to be,and they react by being overly aggressive.At the end of the day it is conjecture and we will never know for sure until something official comes out of the club.
  • If others are hearing it then maybe it should have it's own thread.
  • Bubble said:

If others are hearing it then maybe it should have it's own thread.

Ross said that lawrie Wilson has not been paid yet but he hasn't even been at the club a month so it the rumour made no sense.
    He may have heard it from a Stevenage mate but it sounds like complete rubbish. Why would Wilson blab that to people even if it was true.
    I think it's just stirring up trouble for the sake of it. ( im not saying that Ross made it up )
  • Well said Dickplumb. There seems to be a lot of touchy people on here lately all to ready to jump down others throats.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!