Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• I would hope so, but do we have money to spend on fees (think Large mentioned £400k for Wilson)? Then again, we've spent significant money on the academy recently.

We'll pay for that with the money we've clearly been promised for solly. I though getting promoted would help our finances...
  • SLP reporting that Wilson had a medical today.
  • I would hope so, but do we have money to spend on fees (think Large mentioned £400k for Wilson)? Then again, we've spent significant money on the academy recently.
    400/- is what Posh bid. Maybe we matched that or close to it.
    Not being funny here. But this makes no sense. If things are as bad as they appear to be, why on earth are we spending out 400/500k on a player? i'd much rather have stability within the club, and put that 400/500 into player wages or other financial needs within the club. Then in january if things are resolved, and we have some money, then look to add to our squad. Our current team with 1/2 loans should be good enough anyways to keep us up imo

• Lawrie Wilson has had a medical at cafc this afternoon, set to announce him 2moro morning!!! Crisis? what crisis?? Time to hush up now me thinks all u charlton haters
  • Lawrie Wilson has had a medical at cafc this afternoon, set to announce him 2moro morning!!! Crisis? what crisis?? Time to hush up now me thinks all u charlton haters
    Who ??????

• This is the sort of rumour that puts some of the other thread into a bit of doubt. Only saying that, as I'd got the impression we'd need to slash and not replace. Possibly one or two of our current squad could now command fees that are big enough to close the gap for a season and still have a few £100k for replacements? If the latter is the scenario we're looking at, fair enough.
  • Well if/when he's announced there will hopefully be a line from Powell, which could be interesting.
  • Even if we are not in trouble.. 400k is far too much to be spending on a back up imo (assuming he will be back up). Even if he is going to be first choice I think that sort of money could be better spent elsewhere. Not sure we spent anywhere near that much last last summer?
  • I suspect that Wilson will be replacing Green rather than Solly with Danny off to team up with his mate Benno again.
    "charlton haters?" WTF?
  • Sponsored links:

• If Green is going to go, how much would we get for him? Could Swindon afford him?
  • I suspect that Wilson will be replacing Green rather than Solly with Danny off to team up with his mate Benno again.
    But then I wouldn't say that is a position that urgently needs strengthening.

Somebody on the other thread said he can be a box to box parker type player. If that's the case I'll be happy. Guess I'll have to wait and see.
  • I have heard that there is a bid of £300,000.00 in place for Green,There are a number of bids in for Kermy and West Ham are interested in Solly.
  • I have heard that there is a bid of £300,000.00 in place for Green,There are a number of bids in for Kermy and West Ham are interested in Solly.
    Source?
    Is that rumoured or a hunch? I know Green wasn't ultra-consistent but a lot of goals came from him and he's talented. Think we'd be mad to offload him.
    brap brap kiss my teeth haters

Good God
    Well if that's the case and we pay £400 K for Wilson, we are a 100K down. So wouldn't make sense realy. If he were a replacement for Solly, then I could see the sense there. If Kerm leaves we are cattled (trucked............

Source?
    Sorry i can't name the source but is not made up.

• Watched the DVD of the season yesterday, Green played a big part in our promotion. A lot of goals came from the right and he was a real asset, example being November when we had three tricky games on paper (I know Preston faded but remember they started the season well), Green had a couple of assists in that game, set up the winner against Brentford and had an assist against Huddersfield. Yes he has to improve his consistency to make it in the Championship BUT I personally think it is too early to write him off. Last season he played in most of our big games, which we won, scored some important goals and set up even more, he also had his season interupted by injuries/a possible virus so although I am not saying he will improve, I do believe if he goes, we could regret it.

• Rediculous if he's a replacement for green. I'm not actually a massive fan of Danny green but Wilson cannot cross to save his life. So let's replace a winger who can cross for one who can't! And as for box to box midfielder like Parker? No chance.
  • Sponsored links:

You plonka.

• if Wilson signs it'll be more likely a replacement for Solly, not for Green. If the powers that be want to see some instant gains on their investment and are not looking to spend vast amounts of money to get us promoted (as alluded too in other threads) then it would make sense for them to cash in on Solly (£1.5m +) and recruit someone for a third of the price. We are not likely to make that much on Danny Green are we ???

If. however, Wilson does come in as back up for Solly (as we have no real cover at RB) then perhaps things aren't as bad as first thought.
  • I think we're more likely to sell Wagstaff than Green
  • Would hate to see Solly go, but would understand that sort of deal. I know we have history of losing out on fees, but was it not rumoured that Lowton went to Villa from Sheff U for £3m? I would hope we'd get at least that then for Chris.
  • not a rumour, Lowton definitely went to to Villa for 3 million
  • I think we're more likely to sell Wagstaff than Green
    But that's only if someone wants to buy him...

If Swindon want Danny and he wants to go , then so be it.
  • I'd sell anyone if it raised enough money to get to the start of the season without things going really wrong

• I'd sell anyone if it raised enough money to get to the start of the season without things going really wrong

Have to agree, nla although it would be hard to lose young Chris.

• Watched the DVD of the season yesterday, Green played a big part in our promotion. A lot of goals came from the right and he was a real asset, example being November when we had three tricky games on paper (I know Preston faded but remember they started the season well), Green had a couple of assists in that game, set up the winner against Brentford and had an assist against Huddersfield. Yes he has to improve his consistency to make it in the Championship BUT I personally think it is too early to write him off. Last season he played in most of our big games, which we won, scored some important goals and set up even more, he also had his season interupted by injuries/a possible virus so although I am not saying he will improve, I do believe if he goes, we could regret it.

Exactly... he's a highlights player ;-)

Does anyone honestly see Green being a success playing alongside Stephens, Hollands and Jackson? It was an unbalanced midfield in League 1, and even if they improve they're not going to change their style of play.

If he's going to be a success in the Champ he needs a big improvement and we'll have to drop one or two of the above midfielders to find the right blend. Pritchard could add energy but Green would still need to step up himself.
  • As its been said Wilson has a poor final ball on him, whereas green has a good one, I think he'll come in to be competitive for right back, someone said 400k is a lot to pay for a back up. In league one, yes but I personally don't think it is in the championship
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!