Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• If Wilson comes in, Solly I expect, is off to pastures new, especially if Lawton has set the barometer at £3m......
  • Wilson, Baldock, Wordsworth and a centre back - would be great business.
    Add in an attacking left wing (as option to Jackson) then we would have a promotion challenging team.
  • Rather have Bostock or Freeman from Stevenage
  • Remember watching him play for our youth team was impressed.Good versatile player who has a bit of pace and a good engine would be able to play right back and right midfield,so would be a good signing.Also can't be on huge money at Stevenage.I also like Michael Bostwick would like to see him come to us.
  • Thanks dick, meant Bostwick
  • I have to admit I'm not very familiar with Wilson and I know you can pick up some very decent players without spending a fortune. I am a bit concerned that we seem to be shopping or t least seem to be shopping in the wrong division. I hope we can find a way of adding a little more in the way of proven Championship class along with some prospects but then what do I know
  • I think we will be shopping more in Asda's than Waitrose.
    As long as we don't end up in Lidl or Poundland i'll be happy
    Agree but it makes our five year plan look a bit harder ?

• Sponsored links:

• Cue 20 supermarket puns.
  • Only 20?
  • edited July 2012
    Asda be harder if you don't have enough quality. That's 1 to get you started.
  • Can't say I know much about Wilson tbh. Not a signing to get the heart racing but in SCP we trust.
  • Remember, no matter who the player is, every little helps.
  • I thought Wilson was their best player on the day we played them at Stevenage.
  • I would be happy if we signed 4-5 of the better league 1 players to add to our squad as long as they are better than who they replace.

Not sure how SHG. We're a season in to "the plan" and we've achieved our first promotion already. After three seasons in League 1, I haven't got a problem with consolidating in the Championship for a couple of seasons.

We have to accept that there are some clubs here with serious money that is long gone from our days as a Prem Team. All those coming down, those on parachute money, Burnley with a huge wedge from selling Rodriguez, Leicester.

I'd love us to do a Norwich/Southampton, but think we have at least a team to compete here and have a few seasons yet for the plan to come together! :)
  • Interesting signing though if we are prepared to spend that amount of cash on him just to be cover for RB/RM.
  • Interesting signing though if we are prepared to spend that amount of cash on him just to be cover for RB/RM.
    If. As someone else has pointed out, hopefully not a replacement for Solly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wolves
    Blackburn
    Bolton
    Cardiff
    Leicester
    Birmingham
    Have mega budgets to ours

At least 5/7 others have much bigger.

i would be happy with a high profile loan coming in and a couple of free transfers. All of those will still require transfer budget and a big increase in the wage bill. So would expect 5/6 players going out on loan or very small fees for em.

Not sure how SHG. We're a season in to "the plan" and we've achieved our first promotion already. After three seasons in League 1, I haven't got a problem with consolidating in the Championship for a couple of seasons.

We have to accept that there are some clubs here with serious money that is long gone from our days as a Prem Team. All those coming down, those on parachute money, Burnley with a huge wedge from selling Rodriguez, Leicester.

I'd love us to do a Norwich/Southampton, but think we have at least a team to compete here and have a few seasons yet for the plan to come together! :)
    Championship is a vey tough league to escape from. Last season we bought players whom it was hoped could step up to play and thrive in the Championship. It's fairly simple that some of those we bought and played last season will be ok this year and some won't. To push on even over two or three seasons we can't continue to solely shop in division one and hope they come good. We will need far too much luck for that plan to work whilst as said competing against some team wih very serious money. If we do have some money I would prefer it spent on half as many players of proven Championship pedigree than on a few more division one punts.

Championship is a vey tough league to escape from. Last season we bought players whom it was hoped could step up to play and thrive in the Championship. It's fairly simple that some of those we bought and played last season will be ok this year and some won't. To push on even over two or three seasons we can't continue to solely shop in division one and hope they come good. We will need far too much luck for that plan to work whilst as said competing against some team wih very serious money. If we do have some money I would prefer it spent on half as many players of proven Championship pedigree than on a few more division one punts.

So was League 1 and it took a takeover and the sale of Jenkinson to generate the funds to rebuild that team. It may well take the same again - sale of a player(s) - to generate the sort of funds to compete with these clubs - Goonerhater picks up on what I said above - in much the way that Burnley have topped up their pot with the sale of Rodriguez.

Agree we can't always shop in L1, but I'm sure we're not the only ones who know that.
  • With so many big budgets in this league this season, wont prices also be a bit inflated? Maybe waiting till theres less competition, budget wise, and player value is deflated a little is in the boards minds.
  • edited July 2012
    I thought Wilson was their best player on the day we played them at Stevenage.
    Yes.........he certainly was and by some distance.
  • edited July 2012
    I don't mind if we're buying players in league one, as long as they are up there with the best in that league and IMO Wilson is, the few times I saw him (fa cup vs tottenham included) I was impressed
  • No problem buying players from anywhere, if they are good enough. Other side of the same coin to buying expensive internationals who aren't good enough. Traore, JFH, Pouso and Senegalese bloke from newcastle spring to mind.
    I would not mind selling Solly to improve the first team. These and a centre back would fit the bill.
  • I thought Wilson was their best player on the day we played them at Stevenage.
    So did I, he was outstanding. He is a very busy player who runs a lot & gets stuck in. Not sure about his final ball though.
  • I was impressed with Wilson as were others. Good replacement for when Green is let go : - )
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!