Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Wilson is an excellent player. I watch Stevenage as a 2nd club as they are near to me. He'd be a great signing. I also like Freeman. Bostwick is worth a punt, but I wouldn't necessarily say he's definitely good enough for the Championship. Apparently he and Wilson are definitely leaving for the Championship.

Freeman is a good left winger. Can also play on the right and cut inside onto his left. A dynamic midfielder who makes things happen. He'll run through the middle and isn't scared to run at people. Can also play off the front man.
  • edited July 2012
    As Southampton have signed Steve Davis, I wonder if any of their central midfielders will become surplus to requirements? They have Schneiderlin, de Ridder, Chaplow, Cork, Hammond and now Davis, not to mention Lallana. Obviously Lallana, Cork and Davis are definitely key men for them but perhaps they will offload one of de Ridder, Hammond or Chaplow.

It's nice to see Frazer Richardson will be in the Prem. I really liked him.
  • Dailly has officially retired now.
    His wife said it on twitter a few days back:

kirsty dailly ‏@kirstyd_74
    After 22 seasons profess football my husband is finally hanging up his boots & changing career. I'm so proud of him! ‪#youaretheloveofmylife‬
  • Solly will clearly be sold if we after Wilson imo
    Let us hope not.

Sadly if rumors of cash flow problems at the club are true this will probably happen.
  • let's face it Powell if presented with a zero budget will have to manage ugly, have to sell possibly Solly, and if rumours of interference are true, and with Varney out of the picture he will then be more susceptable to offers from outside, gonna be along summer/season
  • Wilson in and Solly for Baldock plus cash might be the best of a bad situation.
  • Won't be surprised if kermogant is sold too
    Reading this is massively depressing. I expect Powell will go too. We might as well all give up and support Millwall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wilson in and Solly for Baldock plus cash might be the best of a bad situation.
    True
    Let's add even more unsubstantiated gloom around the place Beckboy....why not egh.

And no doubt CP will walk out on us also. Just cos he can.
  • Well, here's a new rumour... if CAFC start to sell the silverware, then McMoist will be asking for a refund on his season ticket before a ball is kicked in anger
  • And I have heard that Monday to Friday will be a caravan holiday camp
    And no doubt CP will walk out on us also. Just cos he can.
    could be right :-)

• Why all the doom and gloom.

The board released a statement a couple of days ago saying that they are in the market for signings, meaning there is money to spend, however they bought big last season with the plan of getting a squad that can play in the championship. This was proven with our easy domination of the league.

I don't care if we sign anyone, I believe in SCP and the team that they can compete in the championship and if we don't we will probably buy big in January.

Keep Calm and Carry on
  • N
    Solly will clearly be sold if we after Wilson imo
  • I am really getting fed up with all this conjecture.

Like most of us last May I was ecstatic with our promotion and looked forward to our first season back in the Championship.

Since then we have been subjected to a lot of rumour with very little facts which has caused many of us to worry about the new season.

So let's remember where we were in May:
    We won L1 with 101 points
    We did this with a very mean defence and a reasonable mid-field.
    Our attack contained a striker with over 20 goals and another that terrorised defences.
    Our manager said that he had recruited a team that could play in the Championship.

So what has actually changed since May that we actually know?:
    Nothing, we still have a fantastic team that can survive in the Championship, OK rumours are fun and are all part of pre season.

Let's enjoy the rumours but remember that we already have a good team.
  • well said Lancashire Lad. I did just say that myself. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

Reading this is massively depressing. I expect Powell will go too. We might as well all give up and support Millwall.
    Are you trying to tell us something, kiwi ?

No fanny I am just trying to make light of this seemingly impossible situation we apparently find our beloved club in!

No fanny I am just trying to make light of this seemingly impossible situation we apparently find our beloved club in!
    Don't believe this is the time for levity !

• I am really getting fed up with all this conjecture.

Like most of us last May I was ecstatic with our promotion and looked forward to our first season back in the Championship.

Since then we have been subjected to a lot of rumour with very little facts which has caused many of us to worry about the new season.

So let's remember where we were in May:
    We won L1 with 101 points
    We did this with a very mean defence and a reasonable mid-field.
    Our attack contained a striker with over 20 goals and another that terrorised defences.
    Our manager said that he had recruited a team that could play in the Championship.

So what has actually changed since May that we actually know?:
    Nothing, we still have a fantastic team that can survive in the Championship, OK rumours are fun and are all part of pre season.

Let's enjoy the rumours but remember that we already have a good team.
    This,
    I'm really looking forward to next season and would be happy if it was the same team. Roll on Brum away with Solly and Kermogant running out the tunnel for Charlton
  • well said Lancashire Lad. I did just say that myself. ;)
    Sorry, I haven't read them all as I have got a bit pi.sed off with it all, anyway great minds think alike.
  • I am praying Powell has enough Charlton in him to realise we need him more than ever right now
  • Have I travelled to a parallel Universe? Really struggling to believe a lot of what I am reading. I think we all need to calm down a bit and see what unfolds in the next fortnight. Maybe there will be some pleasnt surprises around the corner.
  • Have I travelled to a parallel Universe? Really struggling to believe a lot of what I am reading. I think we all need to calm down a bit and see what unfolds in the next fortnight. Maybe there will be some pleasnt surprises around the corner.
    If another person says that they are struggling to believe a lot of what they are reading and telling us to calm down,i think i will explode.Have you read Rick Everitt's post?

@Pavo which member of the board are you then? Care to rmove the mask and tell us what is really happening at our club?

• If another person says that they are struggling to believe a lot of what they are reading and telling us to calm down,i think i will explode.Have you read Rick Everitt's post?

Er No. Before you explode, which thread is it on and when? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!