Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Have I travelled to a parallel Universe? Really struggling to believe a lot of what I am reading. I think we all need to calm down a bit and see what unfolds in the next fortnight. Maybe there will be some pleasnt surprises around the corner.
    If another person says that they are struggling to believe a lot of what they are reading and telling us to calm down,i think i will explode.Have you read Rick Everitt's post?

no - can you re-post the link or whatever as I don't think I want to go through all these messages. is it really that bleak????

• Er No. Before you explode, which thread is it on and when? Thanks.
    Slater statement thread - Page 4.

It's a short but very telling post.
  • Thanks PP.
  • Hadn't read the Slater pages before I said what I said and what I had heard is probably outdated by the sounds of it. If RE has felt compelled enough to write what he wrote, as an employee of the business, I believe it.
  • Hadn't read the Slater pages before I said what I said and what I had heard is probably outdated by the sounds of it. If RE has felt compelled enough to write what he wrote, as an employee of the business, I believe it.
    Exactly, other people would do well to dig their heads out the sand and accept an employee of the club would not say something like he did unless things are BAD.
  • I believe that we're at least 1 year ahead of the plan. The owners are happy with this and believe that the current squad is good enough to survive in the championship. SCP wants to push on and improve the squad, the team has momentum and the habit of not losing. With the addition of a few players we could keep this momentum up and do well next season.
  • I believe that we're at least 1 year ahead of the plan. The owners are happy with this and believe that the current squad is good enough to survive in the championship. SCP wants to push on and improve the squad, the team has momentum and the habit of not losing. With the addition of a few players we could keep this momentum up and do well next season.
    Are you in denial? Have you read the Slater Statement thread?

Are you in denial? Have you read the Slater Statement thread?

Only just read it now, :-( after posting on this thread.

• I have not read the whole thread but what happened to actual rumours? This is now a guessing thread. Or is a guess a resting rumour?
  • Baldock scored for WHU yesterday in a pre season game. SSN interview with him saying he wants to stay and fight for his place.
  • Sponsored links:

• We were never going to sign him anyway
  • Jeffrey Schlupp on loan is imminent i've been told.
  • This thread seems at complete odds with the Slater one. I really don't know what to make of it.
  • Schlupp, wilson, karleigh/marcus, henderson and i'll be happy, as we'll only spend about 500k as much of that can be gained back in ticket and shirt sales. I think we'll sell someone like Wagstaff to get Wilson, that way green, solly and wilson covers the right side of the pitch with cousins and haynes also able to fill in
  • What would Schlupp add that we don't already have with Haynes? Doubt those 2 could alongside BWP or each other, would be a strange signing.

From the sounds of it we won't be making any signings anyway.
  • Forget the rumour about whether we are going into administration or not ... i bumped into a fellow Charlton compatriot today who said we were going to sign ...Emile Heskey .... now thats more worrying to me!!
  • I've just heard that about heskey. Just when you think things can't worsen...
  • I might boycott this site til the season starts. Reading about going into administration and signing Heskey just makes me depressed.
  • Wilson to sign Tuesday/Wednesday
    And Solly to go...?
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely if Wilsons coming, then it would be to provide competitive competition to Solly?
  • edited July 2012
    I would hope so, but do we have money to spend on fees (think Large mentioned £400k for Wilson)? Then again, we've spent significant money on the academy recently.
  • Dont worry, Leon Clarke has now decided to stay and help us out.
  • Dont worry, Leon Clarke has now decided to stay and help us out.
    YES! i was counting on that, him and his goal scoring record for us will blast us into the Championship play off's,

Hang on i'll wake up in a minute
  • Won't be surprised if kermogant is sold too
    Reading this is massively depressing. I expect Powell will go too. We might as well all give up and support Millwall.
    I'd rarther watch Charlton in the blue square south then becoming anything close to a '' Milwall ' Fan

And Solly to go...?
    Don't know about Solly
  • Surely if Wilsons coming, then it would be to provide competitive competition to Solly?
    If Wilson is going to turn down other Championship clubs to sign for us, surely it won't be to come and get splinters?
  • I would hope so, but do we have money to spend on fees (think Large mentioned £400k for Wilson)? Then again, we've spent significant money on the academy recently.
    400/- is what Posh bid. Maybe we matched that or close to it.

• 400/- is what Posh bid. Maybe we matched that or close to it.

She's starting up her own football team ?????

• 400/- is what Posh bid. Maybe we matched that or close to it.
    She's starting up her own football team ?????

Shes already recruited one fairly decent player. :-)

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!