Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Powell fondly remembers Varney's head between his legs.

: - )
  • http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/7870003/Varney-eyeing-Pompey-exit

Reckon we might be in for him?
    Hope not! Going to Leeds I think

• Varney is not what we need
  • edited July 2012
    We Don't need varney... what we need is barney
  • SLP running a statement from Michael Slater in tomorrow's paper...interesting.
  • An interesting theory on FR , wiki says he is from Sidcup.

04 Jul 2012 17:51:01
    Charlton are set to make a move for Arsenal youngster Conor Henderson.

Henderson, who has featured in cup competitions for the team, has had a long term knee problem and is now believed to be fully fit. He can play out wide on the left on in the middle an Chris Powell see's him as a perfect back-up to Johnnie Jackson due to their very similar playing styles and abilities.

It is believed to be a loan deal with a view to a permanent move in the summer if he impresses.
    Wow I used to go to school with Conor! He was in my year at Colfe's aswell!

He was pretty decent from what I remember, but then again against school kids anyone can look good. He left at year 11 so I haven't really seen him since.

Actually, come to think of it, he's rubbish. I nutmegged him once! ;)
  • http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11684/7870757/Posh-fail-with-double-bid

Posh have bid for both Wilson and Bostwick (I quite like the look of Bostwick actually)
  • I would like Henderson and he could learn from JJ as well. A good up and coming left midfielder and we also lack cover there as well so he would be a good signing.
  • I went to school with bostwicks sister and he shops in the sainsburys where i work. he's a proper decent fella and a good player
  • Sponsored links:

• I went to school with bostwicks sister and he shops in the sainsburys where i work. he's a proper decent fella and a good player
    Would love him, but it seems pretty obvious that we're not "shopping" at the moment. It seems a bit frightening that "going with what we've got" combined with a few loans is possibly one of the better case scenarios for us.

• How do you KNOW we are not shopping at the moment?
  • We will sign some players but im not sure how many now obviously the situations changed since I was told 8 players.
    Would love him, but it seems pretty obvious that we're not "shopping" at the moment. It seems a bit frightening that "going with what we've got" combined with a few loans is possibly one of the better case scenarios for us.

And you know this how?

First week of July and "we're not shopping" and "we're going with what we've got".

I'm sure we have some of the most miserable fans in the country world

• Don't panic! Don't panic! Didn't realise that Corporal Jones was a Charlton fan when I became a member. It is just into July, the Euros (the tournament and the zone) has just finished and most players contracts have just ended.
  • I'll own up, i'm Spartacus, it was me who posted on FR about Conor Henderson, and it was (sort of) made up

I know he was set for a deadline day loan move a season or 2 ago, but we signed someone else.

He is a very local player and has expressed a desire to go out on loan. Very very similar to JJ (not a lot of pace, brilliant left peg, brilliant set-pieces, play in middle or wide left) and it should be a very good loan move should it happen!

And you know this how?

First week of July and "we're not shopping" and "we're going with what we've got".

I don't know! I'm speculating like most others on here. However Powell says he likes to do his transfer business early. It certainly paid dividends last season. I'm not panicking, but stating what i see (or dont) i.e signings. It will be interesting to see what emerges from Slater's statement tomorrow

• Re Henderson, I went to the Orient game at The Emirates, he looked neat and tidy, albeint against a League 1 side, my Arsenal suppprting friend was impressed. Can't remember much else but he may have had a hand in a couple of the goals, (it was 5-0).

Would like Freeman on a perm, but Henderson could be a good loan.
  • I think this thread should be renamed "Rumours Rumours - it's barely breathing!"
  • Not expecting any signings tbh.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's fair to say there's quite a lot of tumbleweed blowing about in this thread at the moment!
  • Charlton are set to make a move for Strømsgodsets and Ghanas goalkeeper Adam Larsen Kwarasay. Bolton is also interested.
    Source?

• Charlton are set to make a move for Strømsgodsets and Ghanas goalkeeper Adam Larsen Kwarasay. Bolton is also interested.
    Source?

Some Norwegian bloke on Facebook. Presumably it was in his local paper.
  • I think this thread should be renamed "Rumours Rumours - it's barely breathing!"
    I was thinking "Rumours Rumours -it's flatlining!" but a source tells me no renaming will take place.
    Source?

Some Norwegian bloke on Facebook. Presumably it was in his local paper.
    Thanks. Happens that a very good mate is the CEO of their main sponsor, who has also just paid me up on a major champagne based bet involving Charlton and Bayern Munich.

But I cannot imagine why we are in for a keeper; and they are top of the league, this guy wouldn't come as a back up for Ben Hamer

• Unless we have several million to spend, £1m for a CB always seemed a bit odd, when CB was definitely one of our strongest positions last season. blockquote>

It makes sense to me as SCP has always seen a strong back four as the cornerstone of a successful team - the less goals they let in the better chance of us drawing or winning games gaining points throughout the season so investment there must be on his recommendations - in SCP we trust!

And you know this how?

I don't know! I'm speculating like most others on here. However Powell says he likes to do his transfer business early. It certainly paid dividends last season. I'm not panicking, but stating what i see (or dont) i.e signings. It will be interesting to see what emerges from Slater's statement tomorrow

Yes, but Chris Powell in his managerial career has had ONE summer transfer window so far, so it's not as if he's been doing the same for 20 years! Besides there's no benefit doing the buying early if you buy rubbish...
  • From my source who spends his days at sparrows lane everyday and spends his weekends in the travelling with the team and down at the valley.

Been told we were close to signing Andrews but bolton offered more (presume wages)

No new faces been seen down sparrows lane but they have only been going back in groups prob for fitness tests.

There is money there for new signings but obviously not sure how much.

The new training ground is apparently still going ahead which was discussed before the end of the season costing about 3 mil.

Will hopefully get an email or 2 when he sees some new faces at training. Full training starting from next week.
  • Huddersfield have signed Adam Clayton from Leeds.
  • Huddersfield have signed Adam Clayton from Leeds.
    Very suprised that they managed to pick him up for just 500k....from what I saw of him last year he was an excellent player.
    Thought he would have gone for at least a million
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!