Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Thanks VM , he sounds like the sort of player we should be going for.

In terms of Shackell ,remember Burnley will stil have Prem money.

The reason why we went for him I suspect is because he is left footed ,I wouldn't have wanted us to fork out 1M for a player who last year was signed on a Bosman .I suspect this instant profit will have been attractive to the Rams under Fair Play regs
    Plus the seven million for Jay Rodriguez that Saints forked out
  • edited July 2012
    An interesting theory on FR , wiki says he is from Sidcup.

04 Jul 2012 17:51:01
    Charlton are set to make a move for Arsenal youngster Conor Henderson.

Henderson, who has featured in cup competitions for the team, has had a long term knee problem and is now believed to be fully fit. He can play out wide on the left on in the middle an Chris Powell see's him as a perfect back-up to Johnnie Jackson due to their very similar playing styles and abilities.

It is believed to be a loan deal with a view to a permanent move in the summer if he impresses.
    I can soon verify if this is true. I work with his Aunt.
    Is he the ex Colfe's lad?

Have spoken with his aunt and there's a strong possibility Conor Henderson will be signing and yes, ex-Colfes

I believe Valley McMoist over the famous five any day.

Conor Henderson will be our first signing LOCKED ON FACT.
    I will only believe you both when I get the tweet from @cafcofficial and it is on the OS, double FACT

• An interesting theory on FR , wiki says he is from Sidcup.

04 Jul 2012 17:51:01
    Charlton are set to make a move for Arsenal youngster Conor Henderson.

Henderson, who has featured in cup competitions for the team, has had a long term knee problem and is now believed to be fully fit. He can play out wide on the left on in the middle an Chris Powell see's him as a perfect back-up to Johnnie Jackson due to their very similar playing styles and abilities.

It is believed to be a loan deal with a view to a permanent move in the summer if he impresses.
    I can soon verify if this is true. I work with his Aunt.
    Is he the ex Colfe's lad?

Have spoken with his aunt and there's a strong possibility Conor Henderson will be signing and yes, ex-Colfes

I believe Valley McMoist over the famous five any day.

Conor Henderson will be our first signing LOCKED ON FACT.
    I will only believe you both when I get the tweet from @cafcofficial and it is on the OS, double FACT

When we read it on ITTV than we'll know for sure ; - )

• I signed Conor Henderson on loan in my first season in charge at Charlton in Football Manager. He was great, played consistently well. So that proves it then :)
  • Valley mcMoist , is that with a view to a permanent Deal ?
  • edited July 2012
    Valley mcMoist , is that with a view to a permanent Deal ?
    I don't know. Aunt is going to find out more for me...

• Unless we have several million to spend, £1m for a CB always seemed a bit odd, when CB was definitely one of our strongest positions last season.

Henderson makes a lot of sense, a young CB, who'll be happy not being in the first team immediately, but who can hopefully push on.
  • Unless we have several million to spend, £1m for a CB always seemed a bit odd, when CB was definitely one of our strongest positions last season.

Henderson makes a lot of sense, a young CB, who'll be happy not being in the first team immediately, but who can hopefully push on.
    CB? You sure. Think he's Left or centre midfield!

• I'm so confused. Henderson is apparenty 6 ft 1, bit too short, but as an Arsenal player we should hype him up as a class act before we've seen him play.

So would he be a good signing?
  • Sponsored links:

Ignore my last comment, consider myself slapped over the face with a wet fish!

Ignore my last comment, consider myself slapped over the face with a wet fish!
    Wet HADDOCK, killerandflash !

• I'm glad. Firstly he's 28
    Secondly, WHY have Derby let him go? If he's that good they would have moved heaven and earth to keep him. As for the clubs, Derby is certainly a bigger club than Burnley. As for us, we need a younger pacier centre half. We don't really know how Cort, Morrison and particularly Taylor will fare in the Chamionship
    The derby fans aren't happy. He's a very good player!
  • Henderson + Baldock would be 2 signings we need. Both be able to fit in well just can't see them happening. Here's to hoping i'm proved wrong.
  • I only believe we have signed a player when WSS says we have.

• ....And it's on the OS
  • edited July 2012
    Or 'any' of The Famous Five one must say.
  • ....And it's on the OS
    WSS *is* the OS? (Original Source)
  • Henderson has been closer to the Arsenal 1st team set up than Luke Freeman managed and he seems to have blossomed with regular football. Could be really positive if true.
  • I'm glad. Firstly he's 28
    Secondly, WHY have Derby let him go? If he's that good they would have moved heaven and earth to keep him. As for the clubs, Derby is certainly a bigger club than Burnley. As for us, we need a younger pacier centre half. We don't really know how Cort, Morrison and particularly Taylor will fare in the Chamionship
    The derby fans aren't happy. He's a very good player!
    I accept that, but why have Derby let him go? Furthermore is Burnley a "step up" for the player?

• Sponsored links:

• Henderson has been closer to the Arsenal 1st team set up than Luke Freeman managed and he seems to have blossomed with regular football. Could be really positive if true.

Henderson actually played the whole 90 minutes of the Orient FA Cup replay the season before last and has had injury issues . He is 21 in September and not been out on loan .

Like Spurs , Arsenal seem to keep some of these young fringe players until their mid 20's I'm guessing while they might still attract a fee ,so I doubt this would be a perm .

• Henderson actually played the whole 90 minutes of the Orient FA Cup replay the season before last and has had injury issues . He is 21 in September and not been out on loan .

Like Spurs , Arsenal seem to keep some of these young fringe players until their mid 20's I'm guessing while they might still attract a fee ,so I doubt this would be a perm .

I agree, for him to be given the game time he must show real promise.

A loan to buy option may be more likely, but with 2 cruciate knee injuries before the age of 21 paying a large fee would not bode well.
  • CB, said it before, for mobility get Manny Smith from Walsall.
  • Charlton are set to make a move for Strømsgodsets and Ghanas goalkeeper Adam Larsen Kwarasay. Bolton is also interested.
  • CB, said it before, for mobility get Manny Smith from Walsall.
    Agree with Manny Smith, easily one of the best 3 or 4 centre halves in League 1

• I bloody hope not

• Lloyd Sam is having some contract issues with a new club that he hopes to sort out soon, won't say what club until the deals done......
  • Wouldn't mind Varney back. He wouldn't have the pressure of being the 'main man' up front that Pardew piled on him. Hopefully he'll come hungry and with a point to prove.
  • imagine a three pronged attack of Varney Kermorgant Haynes
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!