Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Good sign we're looking at proven Championship players. At 6 ft 3 or 4 he passes the CL height test.
    Only just!
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP

Hearing that Stevenage right-back Lawrie Wilson - a target for #cafc - is set to sign for Peterborough.
    We have put in a second bid for Lawrie Wilson but it is still below what PUFC bid
  • Would be a touch to avoid him, don't think he would add anything, though he would be the second player Peterborough will have signed that we are rumoured to have been interested in
  • Who's the other one?

Wilson I imagine would be a versatile squad player to cover RM and RB. Would be another former academy player returning.
  • @Scoham Danny Swanson was mentioned
  • Who's the other one?

Wilson I imagine would be a versatile squad player to cover RM and RB. Would be another former academy player returning.

We originally had a bid turned down for Wilson whereas PUFC had theirs accepted.
    CAFC then raised their bid but it is still lower than PUFC's.

:x)
  • Lets hold our nerve here. Jordan Cousins as one example, is a burgeoning right back, if our academy means anything we should recognise our in house assets. We have 'blooded' youngsters before in the top two divisions, and had success. Make sure that whaever we do get is money well spent, the tough economics of football have not disappeared with our promotion.
  • If Solly isn't off then I reckon it makes more sense to introduce Cousins as back up.
    Can't see the point in lashing the cash on a first choice right back to sit on bench.
  • believe we are chasing a RB not yet mentioned on here
  • believe we are chasing a RB not yet mentioned on here
    Source Large?????????

• Sponsored links:

• Shackell would be a fantastic signing without a doubt one of the best defenders in the league.
    If the bids are over £1m, then either he's well out of our league OR we have a bigger transfer budget than we expected! I can't see why he would swap Derby for Burnley or Charlton anyway, Cardiff might make more sense as clearly they are a club willing to splash the cash to get promoted.
  • Missing out on players to peterborough not a good sign at all
    Not really Mike, every one has a value and perhaps we weren't prepared to pay more than X for an unproven right back at this level. Much easier to buy a right back than a forward!
    We might raise our bid for Wilson. I guess he would prefer a move to us.
  • Wilson might prefer to go to Posh if they are offering first team football and we are offering competition with Solly .
  • but if as you say, we have made 2 bids for Wilson both below Peterboroughs initial bid. Now I don't believe a club like Pboro are paying well over the odds they are hardly flush, sounds to me like we must be taking the piss with our offers which to me is a bit worrying that we are offering what we can afford. hopefully it is simply not paying over the top for players.
  • bidding 1m plus for players shows that maybe we do have a bigger budget than most expected.
    believe we are chasing a RB not yet mentioned on here
    Source Large?????????

sorry, lips are sealed, but a totally trusted one

• We are looking to sign five players a RB,CB (left footed), CM,LM and CF. No idea what the budget is though.
  • Fo Football ‏@FoFootball
    #cpfc are in late discussions to sign Lawrie Wilson linked with #cafc & #pufc
  • Stevenage fans don't seem too bother that Wilson might be off:
    http://m.borochat.co.uk/forum.jsp?start=9588&thread=9588
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2012
    Heard a rumour on Twitter that CAFC signed Dexter Blackstock! Is this true?
    Heard a nice little rumour today that Charlton have signed Dexter Blackstock.... Been a done deal for a while but kept under wraps... - @Makka1981
  • Wasn't he in Press Gang?

;)
  • Drogba going Barce apparently. Guess we dont need him.
    Well seeing as he signed for that Chinese club a couple of days ago I highly doubt it
  • So other than Aluko have we got any solid speculation on players?
  • So other than Aluko have we got any solid speculation on players?
    No

Well seeing as he signed for that Chinese club a couple of days ago I highly doubt it
    Apparently he has a clause in his contract that says he can leave on a free if Barcelona want to sign him.

• That centre half Jacobs from Northampton that we were linked with in the last few months has gone to Derby.
  • And, no Drogba to Barca:

A spokeswoman for Didier Drogba's representatives tells BBC Sport it is "complete nonsense" that there is a clause in his Shanghai Shenhua contract allowing him to join Barcelona, as has been reported. "There are no clauses in Drogba's contract allowing him a release to another club - he's just contracted to Shanghai - and there is no planned meeting between the striker and Barcelona directors," she said.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!