Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Not a Charlton rumour, but Twitter is saying Danny Murphy has gone to Blackburn - bit of an odd one
  • He comes from Birmingham, He was born here of Nigerian parents I believe,
    doesn't scan as well as the Semedo song...don't think we should sign him
  • http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-starlet-nick-powell-906361
    Doesn't make much sense to me. Says he joined Man Ure instead of Arsenal because of a wish to stay in the North but then Fergie is going to send him South for work experience?
  • Fergie has already stated he won't be going out on loan anywhere as he sees him as part of his 1st team squad.
  • Fergie has already stated he won't be going out on loan anywhere as he sees him as part of his 1st team squad.
    where did he say this?
  • Not a Charlton rumour, but Twitter is saying Danny Murphy has gone to Blackburn - bit of an odd one
    When do we play them at the Valley?.

where did he say this?
    The day he signed (according to the newspapers which are slightly more reliable than twitter & FR) the question was asked & Fergie said he had no intention of letting him go out on loan as he thought Powell could add something to the squad (or words to that effect)
    When do we play them at the Valley?.

29th September.

• Heard from a second hand unreliable source that there are six players in the pipeline. Just what I heard.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2012
    Sounds about right to me.

Was just looking at our squad
    http://www.footballsquads.co.uk/eng/2011-2012/flone/charlton.htm

We have about 20 first team players left (with loans and Euell, Doherty etc gone). That includes Clarke, Hayes, Hughes and Sullivan. Can't include Mambo, Smith, Bover as they got nowhere near the team in League 1.

Looking at it like that I'd be surprised and worried if we only signed 2 or 3 players.
  • Maguire and Gardner confirmed for us.
    Disappointed with them.

We already have better.

Edit. Just noticed they have signed for some norven team so will probably be good enough for their standard.

I would hope there is about as much .chance of us signing Chris Samba as Cherno Samba!
    Why is it a minefield he's contract ran out at the end of the season making him a free agent
    Contracts usually run to 30th June, so he ain't free until then.
    Heard from a second hand unreliable source that there are six players in the pipeline. Just what I heard.
    Though that doesn't neccessarily mean we are planning to sign six players..........does it?
  • edited June 2012
    Just do the maths, SoundAs.

I should say the very least we need is 6 new players, just to bring the squad up to the numbers needed.

And players like Clarke and Hayes will move on.

18 players will be named for each matchday squad - 7 subs this season, remember.
    Now you can see why there will be a number of signings made before the season starts?

• Not sure about Murphy going there as his mrs might not like that part of the country.
  • Be a perfect move for them back with the cheshire set. She will love it.
  • This was in the Derby Telegraph

TOM Glick says Derby County have now turned down four bids from three different clubs for defender Jason Shackell.

It is thought that Championship trio Burnley, Cardiff City and Charlton Athletic have all made offers for the centre-back.

And although the highest bid is believed to be in excess of £1m, nobody has yet met Derby's valuation.

Shackell, who was ever-present in his first season at Pride Park and captained the side in the absence of injured skipper Shaun Barker, has also attracted interest from other clubs, including Leicester City.

Rams boss Nigel Clough has said he may consider selling the 28-year-old at the right price, if it would allow him to bring in a replacement and have cash left to strengthen in other areas.

But chief executive Glick stressed that Shackell remains a key player for the club and that he expects the former Barnsley man still to be at Derby come the start of the new season.

"We've turned down four bids from three different clubs on Jason at this point," said Glick.

"Simply put, Jason is an essential player for us. He played every minute of every game and it's no surprise we've had interest in him, from more than those three clubs, too.

"He's a top player in the Championship and a leader for us, so it would take a lot to pry him away from Derby.

"I expect him to be with us for the start of the season."

Barker will miss the whole of the 2012-13 campaign as he recovers from a serious knee injury.

Other current central defensive options include Jake Buxton, Mark O'Brien – who hopes to be fit for the start of the season following a long-term knee injury – and Tom Naylor, while full-back John Brayford can also provide cover in that position.

Meanwhile, Glick confirmed there had also been interest in all of the players remaining who have been made available for transfer this summe
    We can boo him so much again he won't be able to take corners again.

I've got at feeling that we're going to sign someone very soon.
  • Shackell would be a fantastic signing without a doubt one of the best defenders in the league.
  • edited June 2012
    Shackell would be a fantastic signing without a doubt one of the best defenders in the league.
    Charlton News ‏@charltonnews
    Shackell bid rejected: Charlton are one of three Championship clubs that have made bids for Derby County... http://dlvr.it/1lyx4v #cafc - click the link at the end for slightly more info.

Also some more of what we already know about some of our 'targets': http://all-football-world.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/charlton-athletic-aluko-departure.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
  • Good sign we're looking at proven Championship players. At 6 ft 3 or 4 he passes the CL height test.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would this suggest that an earlier central defence target has been missed ? Given SCP's timeframe for bringing players in it would seem quite late given how long these things take ?
  • Possibly De Laet SHG?
  • edited June 2012
  • Possibly De Laet SHG?
    Gone to Leicester ? Were we in for him ?
  • It was rumoured at the time if I remember rightly, nothing concrete though.
  • Or we made our offer a while back
  • Off twatter:

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey
    Also hear #PNE got a fight to keep Danny Mayor. #NFFC #CAFC #WWFC all like the young midfielder

• I've got at feeling that we're going to sign someone very soon.
    I've got a feeling we already have - and will be unveiled in a weeks time.

;o)
  • What makes you think so, Oggy?
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP

Hearing that Stevenage right-back Lawrie Wilson - a target for #cafc - is set to sign for Peterborough.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!