Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Sheff Utds Maguire is a Wednesday fan too, but whilst he was half decent in L1 he would be very slow in the Champ.
  • Sheff Utds Maguire is a Wednesday fan too, but whilst he was half decent in L1 he would be very slow in the Champ.
    Would fit in with your other players really well then.
    And Llera won't ? I suspect Gardner has been brought to replace him.
  • Llera has been decent, it would be unfair not to at least see what he has to offer in this league, but we have strengthened this area regardless, Gardner, Mattock etc.
  • My point is that Big Mig is probably the slowest centre back we ever had with the possible exception of Gary Doherty.
  • Taking threads off topic !
    I'll take a guess that if you signed this maguire you would soon be on here bigging him up

• Taking threads off topic !
    dont know...isnt it a rumour about Llera being decent and that he can keep up the pace with the championship, one which holds no water.
  • I haven't really posted my opinion on any rumours or possible targets yet, though I follow it all very closely - very anxious to hear the first new signing of the summer. Like many of you guys, I hope we'll soon get to see the first signing, mostly because you feel like players are getting picked by other teams in front of your nose (not that this is directed against any particular player, but you got the feeling it could happen at some point). The thing that keeps me easy is SCP and the board, I'm sure they are extremely active, but careful not to make the wrong choice at this very important time for our club.
  • edited June 2012
    I haven't really posted my opinion on any rumours or possible targets yet, though I follow it all very closely - very anxious to hear the first new signing of the summer. Like many of you guys, I hope we'll soon get to see the first signing, mostly because you feel like players are getting picked by other teams in front of your nose (not that this is directed against any particular player, but you got the feeling it could happen at some point). The thing that keeps me easy is SCP and the board, I'm sure they are extremely active, but careful not to make the wrong choice at this very important time for our club.
    I would be a tad concerned if we were splashing the cash a la Leicester , as it shows a bit of irresponsibility / gambling with our future , but then some would say this season is more about buying quality rather than quantity , as we did that last season, lets wait and see what July holds in store!

• Sponsored links:

• My point is that Big Mig is probably the slowest centre back we ever had with the possible exception of Gary Doherty.
    Slower than Phil Chapple? The only player to run on the spot when chasing back

• It was watching Phil Chapple running that inspired me to read "A Brief History Of Time"
    Slower than Phil Chapple? The only player to run on the spot when chasing back

Bambi on ice
  • According to our friend Richard Cawley todays SLP contains an update on our interest in Aluko
  • That same Phil Chapple now seems to be doing a great job scouting for Chrissy.
  • 66 new comments. I got excited and they are all in relation to that Thundertwat :(
  • edited June 2012
    Not that I use Twitter at all but this is from Mr Cawley re Aluko...

"#cafc want Aluko but it was described to me as "a legal minefield" to get a deal done at the moment"

I can imagine it is with what's going on up there at the right now.
  • At least there is some truth in the rumour and we are working hard to sign him
  • At least there is some truth in the rumour and we are working hard to sign him

I'm massively excited that this is the calibre of player we are looking at. I know You Tube isn't an accurate reflection on a players ability but there is genuine pace, skill and excitement in this lad. As long as he can avoid being toooooo greedy then he would be great to watch

I'm massively excited that this is the calibre of player we are looking at. I know You Tube isn't an accurate reflection on a players ability but there is genuine pace, skill and excitement in this lad. As long as he can avoid being toooooo greedy then he would be great to watch
    Your right - its a good statement of intent
  • Sponsored links:

• Why is it a minefield he's contract ran out at the end of the season making him a free agent
  • Being reported here in Ireland that Keith Andrews is signing for Boston.
  • Bollox. predictive text. Bolton.
  • Bollox. predictive text. Bolton.
    More likely than us IMHO.

• edited June 2012
    I really want Aluko now. I would love Andrews as well but he he is PREM/ top Championship class so I can believe he is going to Bolton.
  • From the Millwall reporter Alex Aldrridge on Twitter.

Apparently #CAFC have been travelling to Norway in recent months to scout former #Millwall and Championship Manager prodigy Cherno Samba.
  • I would hope there is about as much chance of us signing Chris Samba as Cherno Samba!
  • Samba's career seems to have tailed off really badly.

His wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherno_Samba
  • Yes, for some reason Samba's career never took off. Anyone know why? SLL?
  • cos when he was 14 and the size of a large man, he was playing against kids his own age, and obviously stood out.

Then when he got to 18 and played against men, he got found out.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!