Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• edited June 2012
    You know this Aluko rumour?

Why wouldn't a premiership side come in for Rangers "best player by a mile" on a free?

Sad face.
  • FR Ramping up for a very long summer

13 May 2012 23:54:06
    Not sure if you all remember the Keble Investments "failed" takeover of Charlton last year, but rumour has it that it didn't fail at all...

...Keble are the third party and are financing the operation behind the scenes. Keble investments are one of O2's key financiers, so watch this space...

...The stadium will be renamed the O2 Valley. and the roof is already being prepped for new rooftop advertising to the neighbouring visitors London City Airport.

Cant find anything on Google can anyone give me some more info? I've the heard the o2 kit sponsership deal mentioned.

13 May 2012 18:41:33
    Charlton boss Chris Powell has identified MK Dons Stephen Gleeson and Lloyd Sam (free transfer) as possible summer signings.Magnus Okunghae of Colchester is also being chased as the Addicks try to assemple a squad fit to compete in the championship

13 May 2012 18:15:55
    hi ed any charlton rumours other than francois zoko

Troy Archibald Henville from Exeter

12 May 2012 22:49:59
    Charlton Vicento signing for Bristol City
    charltonchampion.co.uk/2010/10/27/o2-bosses-back-charlton-station-bus-boost/
  • Is Aluko signing or is this a random rumour?
    I'll give you a hint: Its on a thread called rumors rumors..........
    I think it is actually called Rumours Rumours.

Its actually called Rumours Rumours - Its Alive ;)
  • Actually Its called... Rumours Rumours - Its Alive ! ;)
  • edited June 2012
    The grammar and spelling police are out in full force today. ; )
  • The grammar and spelling police are out in full force today. ; )
    Nah........ it's just a roomer.

No, this is a Rumer.

No, this is a Rumer.
    It's a yes from me. Oh sorry wrong thread.

No, this is a Rumer.
    It's a yes from me. Oh sorry wrong thread.

"The bigger the waistband, the deeper the quicksand, or so I have read"

^
    Would ya / rumours rumours crossover
  • Lloyd Sam has a bad attitude off the pitch is what im told. He would prob feel he has unfinished business here but would he want to stroll back in the team because he palyed for us before?
    Wouldnt waste time re-signing him.

Sone Aluko looks good...prob will go to a prem club though if not at 'club 12' (as sky put it now) next season

I take it the Sam Balcock rumour has died down now then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Lloyd Sam has a bad attitude off the pitch is what im told. He would prob feel he has unfinished business here but would he want to stroll back in the team because he palyed for us before?

Sone Aluko looks good...prob will go to a prem club though if not at 'club 12' (as sky put it now) next season

Lloyd Sam definitely wont be here again under Powell.

For the same reason as Kyel Reid wont be here again.

Powell wasn't happy with Kyel having his own clothing line whilst at the club, so Lloydy has no chance!
  • This article appeared on the Website Sabotage Times , not a rumour as such but I thought it was an interesting article and the author makes some good points .

Many expect Charlton to follow in the back to back promoted footsteps of Norwich and Southampton. Here are five loan signings Chris Powell should make to get to the top.

After Norwich and Southampton both achieved back to back promotions from League One and The Championship, many will be expecting big things from Chris Powell’s Charlton in the forthcoming Championship season. Despite blitzing through League One and amassing 101 points, the suspicion remains amongst Charlton fans that improvements need to be made if they are to equal such exploits. Central midfielders Danny Hollands, Dale Stephens and Bradley Pritchard all performed sterling roles in League One, yet none possess the creativity required to unlock a stern back line. Wingers Wagstaff and Green both struggled with form at points last season, and there will be no respite for such failure in the Championship. Speculation remains as to how much money Chris Powell will have to spend. If in search of a bargain, here are five attractive loan signings, from the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal, that Powell should make to send The Addicks towards the promised land.

Josh McEachran

This time a year ago a loan move to the Championship would have undoubtedly been seen as a unnecessary step down for Josh McEachran. McEachran impressed in a number of pre-season friendlies for Chelsea and looked set to be a key part of Andre Villas-Boas’ youth orientated plans. First team football was limited for the youngster however and McEachran was loaned to newly promoted Swansea in January where he still struggled to hold down a first team place.

A quick youtube search reveals that McEachran possesses the fleet-footed creativity, vision and skill to help Chris Powell’s men
    The move would clearly benefit both parties, offering McEachran the first team football his talents scream out for, and Charlton a small dose of Premiership quality vision and skill. A quick youtube search reveals that McEachran possesses the fleet-footed creativity, vision and skill to help Chris Powell’s men unlock those meanest of Championship defences. Those who question whether his small stature is suited to Championship football would do well to look at the success of Adam Lallana, Jem Karacan and Stephen Dobbie; similarly slight but instrumental midfielders for their club last season.

Jon Toral

If McEachran does prove to be out of Charlton’s reach, Jon Toral could be the next best option. A product of La Masia, Barcelona’s prestigious academy, a loan move to bring Toral to The Valley would be a real coup. Toral is two years younger than McEachran yet is already a regular for the Arsenal reserve team. Toral compares his style to Frank Lampard, and demonstrated a knack for finding the net from midfield in his reserve and academy performances thus far. At 17, Toral will still be very raw, yet his presence in Charlton’s squad would provide Powell with a real wildcard capable of catching out the opposition.

Andros Townsend

Club captain Johnnie Jackson will undoubtedly be first-choice on the left of midfield for Chris Powell’s men, yet last season revealed that Charlton are in dire need of another option here. Jackson often found himself injured, and Powell was left to either play players out of position or draft in loanees such as Hogan Ephraim and Lee Cook. Ephraim and Cook both did a job but with promotion to the Championship, an increase in quality is required. Townsend already knows the league well having played for five Championship clubs in just two years. Townsend consistently impressed but is still unlikely to get much game time with a Champions League chasing Tottenham. Instead, Townsend would do well to “settle down” with one team, a long-term loan to Charlton could provide him with a platform to truly make his name.

Sterling’s potential is already arousing excitement on Merseyside and he eventually broke into the team towards the end of last season
    Raheem Sterling

Another winger who could add youthful vim and vigour to Charlton’s midfield is Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling. With Brendan Rodgers taking over at Anfield, Sterling is unlikely to let any player leave until he has taken a good look. Sterling can play both on the right and the left so if Danny Green and Scott Wagstaff do struggle to step up to the Championship next season, Chris Powell should put on his polite voice and get on the phone to Brendan. Sterling’s potential is already arousing excitement on Merseyside and he eventually broke into the team towards the end of last season. An extended run in the team, might be beyond Sterling at this early stage in his career. However where Rodgers can’t provide, Powell certainly can.

Benik Afobe

Afobe has been threatening to explode onto the national footballing landscape for a while now. Arsenal’s Afobe has both the physique and technique to succeed but has so far failed to deliver true goal-scoring riches. According to the coaches at Arsenal it is only a matter of time until he comes good. Afobe has hinted at his great potential during loan spells at Huddersfield and last season’s Championship champions, Reading. However, it is his form at international level that truly raises the eyebrows. With Paul Hayes and Leon Clarke destined for the exit door at The Valley, Afobe could be the perfect replacement to provide competition for Bradley Wright-Phillips and Yann Kermorgant.

Powell wasn't happy with Kyel having his own clothing line whilst at the club, so Lloydy has no chance!
    Don't see why footballers having their own clothing line is a problem. Can't see how that would affect a footballers performance.

• Richard J...thanks for that. Always a good read over at Sabotage Times on just about any topic and we've featured a few times recently. Link for those interested...

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/chelsea’s-mceachran-arsenal’s-toral-and-the-loanees-charlton-should-make/
  • 17/18 year old wingers on loan? No thanks

Don't see why footballers having their own clothing line is a problem. Can't see how that would affect a footballers performance.

Ever wondered why Kyel lost his form so badly?
  • This is why FR can never be trusted:

19 Jun 2012 15:33:45
    Charlton Fan Here. I have been told
    by someone with close connections
    to Charlton we are trying to SIGN
    Louis Saha. Not for stuppid £30,000 a
    week but money we can pay him each
    week but a high signing on fee. He
    loves London and does not want to
    move out of area. Will have to wait and
    see. No thanks do Daryl Russel too, not
    championship level.

Lost his form? I only remembering him having 2 decent games.
  • lol don't know how you can blame a player losing his form for having a clothing line! Just ridiculous.

Lost his form? I only remembering him having 2 decent games.
    Okay
  • Sponsored links:

• lol don't know how you can blame a player losing his form for having a clothing line! Just ridiculous.
    Okay

• It's lucky we have the Euros to keep us occupied and Radishes. We want a signing please.
  • Moyes quits Everton.
  • soirce ???
  • sorry - meant to say - source ???
    soirce ???
  • Moyes quits Everton.
    can't keep away can you ;-))
  • Moyes to Spurs
  • bit selfish of him on the night England go into the q/finals.

me, me , me.
  • Being denied on Twitter ,but so did Redknapp and 24 hours later he was gone.
  • Moyes quits Everton.

Cheers Perce.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!