Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Any truth in the rumour that we are waiting for the Euro's to end before landing our no 1 target Cristiano Ronaldo?
  • Any truth in the rumour that we are waiting for the Euro's to end before landing our no 1 target Cristiano Ronaldo?
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no bing.
    Of course with SCP in charge you never know...
  • FL_rumours
    Charlton are understood to be wanting to sign Rangers forward Sone Aluko #CAFC #rumours
  • the mirror and fl rumours, another rumour with no substance behind it!
  • The people that create those twitter accounts to tweet a load of rubbish they've seen on forums should be embarrassed.
  • Problem is that they will continue whilst people continue to ask them about rumours and retweet them. Ignore them and they will get bored and give up
  • There's a goal of Aluko's somewhere on line. Individual goal where he displays Rommedahl type pace! IT's bloody great
  • anyone know what his contract situation is? Out of contract?
  • As Rangers went into liquidation and then reformed under new owners, none of the players officially have contracts, they can choose to stay but that would be resigning (I think)
  • Every single Rangers player is free to leave for nothing if they wish. They do not have to accept moving to the new company.
  • Sponsored links:

• they only signed him last November
  • Getting him on a free would be a great coup. Probably wages will be out of our reach? Just seen some youtube clips of him and looks like the kind of winger we are crying for
  • He is a good player from what I have seen of him on the box
  • Just watched the vid above - sat through 5 minutes of jaw dropping ability on the ball,
    and some fantastic goals.

But never saw him pass the ball once.
  • he seems to take a decent free kick as well as being a direct runner... imagine him with Jackson and Yann and Greenie all lining one up, poor keeper wouldn't know what to do. however, as much as I would like this rumour to have some legs I just can't see it happening. wages alone would probably be too much for our current structure.
  • Not sure Rangers pay anymore than Championship money to the majority of their squad.
  • Heard we're after Matt Ritchie.
    Young attacking midfielder from Swindon
  • edited June 2012
    Just watched the vid above - sat through 5 minutes of jaw dropping ability on the ball,
    and some fantastic goals.

But never saw him pass the ball once.
    I was impressed and he defo has some great ability....but two questions spring to mind -:

Can he defend and how tall is he? ;-)
  • Blimey. Just watched video and he is a very exiting player. Would really like to see this one happen but I would imagine there are quite a few in for him.
  • Imagine Haynes, Aluko and BWP running at a tired defence
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit like BWP and Eccleston? Didn't work.

Wary of these type of players, very easy for a player with pace and a bit of skill to look brilliant on YouTube. When you actually watch them play they're usually lacking something elsewhere in their game.

Wary of these type of players, very easy for a player with pace and a bit of skill to look brilliant on YouTube. When you actually watch them play they're usually lacking something elsewhere in their game.
    For every artist you need a couple of artisan's.What i am saying is you need a mix of players.We have no one in the squad, who has the ability to go past someone with a trick.It is all about getting the blend in the squad right.I would be very happy to see him play for us but i think it is unlikely.

• Heard we're after Matt Ritchie.
    Young attacking midfielder from Swindon
    Superb player.

Very strong - plays on either wing.

Saw him on the box last year and thought he was head and shoulders above L2. Really really exciting, young and would be a great fit for us.

For every artist you need a couple of artisan's.What i am saying is you need a mix of players.We have no one in the squad, who has the ability to go past someone with a trick.It is all about getting the blend in the squad right.I would be very happy to see him play for us but i think it is unlikely.

Paul Daniels maybe....though he's a bit past his best it must be said!

• Wasnt Aluko at Birmingham, didnt cut it down here and went to Aberdeen?
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5dyMnZFdKY

thats the Aluko goal I saw. How fast is he?

Paul Daniels maybe....though he's a bit past his best it must be said!

Your going to like this,not a lot.

• We could play Paul Daniels with Wiggy...

I do agree, we lack pace especially in midfield, and if they've a few tricks even better (think its very generous when people suggest Green beats player with tricks, and it's certainly not Wagstaff's game).

One or two of those players around Yann and a good CM pairing yes. But I wouldn't play 2 or 3 Haynes/BWP/Eccleston type players alongside each other in a front 2 or 3.
  • Would love Aluko cracking little player.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!