Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Bit like BWP and Eccleston? Didn't work.

Wary of these type of players, very easy for a player with pace and a bit of skill to look brilliant on YouTube. When you actually watch them play they're usually lacking something elsewhere in their game.
    For every artist you need a couple of artisan's.What i am saying is you need a mix of players.We have no one in the squad, who has the ability to go past someone with a trick.It is all about getting the blend in the squad right.I would be very happy to see him play for us but i think it is unlikely.

I do agree, we lack pace especially in midfield, and if they've a few tricks even better (think its very generous when people suggest Green beats player with tricks, and it's certainly not Wagstaff's game).

One or two of those players around Yann and a good CM pairing yes. But I wouldn't play 2 or 3 Haynes/BWP/Eccleston type players alongside each other in a front 2 or 3.
    Eccleston has a major attitude problem according to one of the coaches.

I have very high hopes for Haynes next season....really think he could be a bit of a star

I would also think Aluko in would mean the BWP rumours are true.

I can't tell you how exciting Yann could be with a striker that could anticipate the flick ons......

• Heard we're after Matt Ritchie.
    Young attacking midfielder from Swindon
    Class player. FACT
  • Where would BWP go?.
  • Bwp isn't going so no point starting that talk. I know for deff he isn't going
  • You need four strikers and assuming Hayes is out then we are one short.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5dyMnZFdKY

thats the Aluko goal I saw. How fast is he?
    Very. Very. Very.
  • edited June 2012
    Bwp isn't going so no point starting that talk. I know for deff he isn't going
    You can't know
  • He might BWP then I would hope he would know
  • Sone Aluko's sister played for us from 2004-2007 scored in the cup final.

She may be convincing him now :)
  • Yeah wasn't she one of the girls let go when we closed the women's team? I'm sure she's not bitter about that at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have very high hopes for Haynes next season....really think he could be a bit of a star

He's not really been great anywhere, squad player at best imo. Why are your hopes so high ?

For every artist you need a couple of artisan's.What i am saying is you need a mix of players.We have no one in the squad, who has the ability to go past someone with a trick.It is all about getting the blend in the squad right.I would be very happy to see him play for us but i think it is unlikely.

I do agree, we lack pace especially in midfield, and if they've a few tricks even better (think its very generous when people suggest Green beats player with tricks, and it's certainly not Wagstaff's game).

One or two of those players around Yann and a good CM pairing yes. But I wouldn't play 2 or 3 Haynes/BWP/Eccleston type players alongside each other in a front 2 or 3.

Eccleston has a major attitude problem according to one of the coaches.

I have very high hopes for Haynes next season....really think he could be a bit of a starI would also think Aluko in would mean the BWP rumours are true.

I can't tell you how exciting Yann could be with a striker that could anticipate the flick ons......

He's not really been great anywhere, squad player at best imo. Why are your hopes so high ?
  • Bugger, the quote thing isn't working properly
    We have Leon Clarke.Smiley face.

We are still short one actual striker.... smiley face.
  • It would further mark our recent resurgence if we signed Aluko. The last transfer deal with Rangers was selling Bougherra amid a backdrop of financial problems and relegation to the third tier.
    How times have changed for both clubs.
  • Haynes is rapid and very strong. I just feel there could be a really exciting player in there if he can keep working hard. Not really settled anywhere so maybe with us!
  • Haynes is rapid and very strong. I just feel there could be a really exciting player in there if he can keep working hard. Not really settled anywhere so maybe with us!
    Agree with this. I think he has something in his locker. Seems that he's settled pretty well too. Remember the SCP run along the touch line v Hartlepool ?
  • If Aluko is on You Tube, surely Pardew will be favourite to sign him?

We are still short one actual striker.... smiley face.
    BWP, Smith, Yann & Clarke ?
  • Sponsored links:

• It would further mark our recent resurgence if we signed Aluko. The last transfer deal with Rangers was selling Bougherra amid a backdrop of financial problems and relegation to the third tier.
    How times have changed for both clubs.
    Very true.

Watch almost all Rangers games (on TV/online) and Aluko has been Rangers best player by some distance since joining from Aberdeen. He's quick and creative, plays either side and was asked to play through the middle a couple of times after the meltdown which even though isn't his best position he did fine at. He would give us something different, particuarly down the left. I'd imagine he'll be very near the top of the "most wanted from Rangers" list though
  • Isn't Aluko the brother of the Eniola who played for our ladies team?

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already. Too much to scan through
  • I assume Aluko knows the club well...first time a brother & sister have played for the same club?
    Yep!
  • Sone, Sone Aluko runs down the wing for me!
  • Is Aluko signing or is this a random rumour?
  • edited June 2012
    Is Aluko signing or is this a random rumour?
    I'll give you a hint: Its on a thread called Rumours Rumours..........
  • Off FR:

18 Jun 2012 09:08:18
    Charlton are looking at Danish midfielder Tobias Mikkelsen.

Right winger in the team that won the Danish league last year, replacement for Waggy/Green?
  • Is Aluko signing or is this a random rumour?
    I'll give you a hint: Its on a thread called rumors rumors..........
    I think it is actually called Rumours Rumours.

• edited June 2012
    <<blockquote rel="Addickted4life">Off FR:

18 Jun 2012 09:08:18
    Charlton are looking at Danish midfielder Tobias Mikkelsen.

Right winger in the team that won the Danish league last year, replacement for Waggy/Green?

A nice bit of creative thinking by someone, maybe Rommedahl and Anderson will persuade him to come, and it would be good to sign a 'star' of Euro 2012. Mind you, we probably pay more than FC Nordsjælland, so it would be a step up financially for him...(and who wants to play in the Champions League anyway)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!