Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• More FR insight/knowledge/rubbish........

14 Jun 2012 23:52:18
    Charlton looking to sign: (In this order)

1. Michael Kightly – Free
    2. Anthony Wordsworth – 500k plus Paul Hayes
    3. Keith Andrews – Free / Andreas Ottl - Free
    4. Rémy Cabella – 750k
    5. Luke Chambers – Free
    6. Kyle Bartley – Free
    7. Andy Drury – Free
    8. Sloan Privat - Free
    9. Emmanuel Ledesma - Free
    10. Änis Ben-Hatira– 350k
    11. Christoph Janker – 350k
    12. Chris Wood - Loan

Leaving the club will be:
    Paul Hayes - Colchester
    Leon Clarke - Crawley
    Andy Hughes - Released
    Yado Mambo - Dagenham & Redbridge
    Dale Stepens - Bolton Wanderers
    Michael Smith - Hartlepool - Loan (view to perm)

.......and possibly John Sullivan with Sir Chris looking at David Ospina From OGC Nice if he were to loose Sullivan.

Presumably from a charlton fan given the 'Sir Chris' referenece - but who knows when FR is concerned.

I'm hoping that, given we were apparently pursuing targets weeks before the end of the season, we have a couple to unveil on the 1st of July. I appreciate it will be more difficult in attracting certain players this season compared to last given the competition but I'd be really surprised if over the last 6-8 weeks or so, SCP has lost out or not made progress with any of our targets - whoever they may be.
  • Because looking how good the guy is at the euro I reckon he is a prem player
    I concur. Said this the other day. Looks a very good player still.
    I wasn,t impressed with what I saw last night. Thought he looked anything but Premiership class and from what I've seen of him over the last few days it's a big no from me........though I must admit I know little about his club form.
  • Because looking how good the guy is at the euro I reckon he is a prem player
    I concur. Said this the other day. Looks a very good player still.
    I wasn,t impressed with what I saw last night. Thought he looked anything but Premiership class and from what I've seen of him over the last few days it's a big no from me........though I must admit I know little about his club form.

In all fairness Andrews won't be having to deal with the likes of Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, Busqetes etc in the Championship. I think he'd be a great signing, seems to be the type who isn't shy of a tackle either.
  • So a guy who is playing in the European championships isn't good enough for us? Well we me may as well narrow our search down to the Copa America and the African Cup of Nations then eh?

He is a good passer of the ball, doesn't mind a shot and can tackle well too. He missed a couple of tackles yes, but they were on people like Xavi, David Silva and Fabregas, not on people like Lloyd Sam, Hameur Bouazza and Kyel Reid!
  • More FR insight/knowledge/rubbish........

14 Jun 2012 23:52:18
    Charlton looking to sign: (In this order)

1. Michael Kightly – Free
    2. Anthony Wordsworth – 500k plus Paul Hayes
    3. Keith Andrews – Free / Andreas Ottl - Free
    4. Rémy Cabella – 750k
    5. Luke Chambers – Free
    6. Kyle Bartley – Free
    7. Andy Drury – Free
    8. Sloan Privat - Free
    9. Emmanuel Ledesma - Free
    10. Änis Ben-Hatira– 350k
    11. Christoph Janker – 350k
    12. Chris Wood - Loan

I want us to sign number 11 on this list. I don't care if he's any good!
  • So a guy who is playing in the European championships isn't good enough for us? Well we me may as well narrow our search down to the Copla America and the African Cup of Nations then eh?

He is a good passer of the ball, doesn't mind a shot and can tackle well too. He missed a couple of tackles yes, but they were on people like Xavi, David Silva and Fabregas, not on people like Lloyd Sam, Hameur Bouazza and Kyel Reid!</blockquote

The Irish team are very poor at present and he was (IMHO) unimpressive in both games....in fact yesterday he was singled out by the commentators on more than one occassion as someone who wasn't getting the basics right....and of course I'm well aware that they/he were up against some of the worlds finest last night.....but I have been dissapointed in what I've seen of him this last week or so. Apart from that, I know little about him to be honest.
    We would of course be only too happy to consider the vast majority of players on show at The Euro's....but by no means all. We are shooting for the stars now don't forget and I feel we can set our sights just a little higher than him.
    Having said that he may well come to us and do well...over many years I've been wrong quite often and also right quite often re new signings....so who knows.
  • I don't think we can set our sights higher than players playing in the Top 16 European International teams!
  • Yeah who wants a guy who will be playing in the pream next year........
  • edited June 2012
    I don't think we can set our sights higher than players playing in the Top 16 European International teams!
    WSS.....there are some poor teams with some poor players in the Euro's....not many I'll grant you but there certainly are some dotted around here and there who aren't that clever to be honest.
    Just because they are playing in The Euros doesn't automatically make 'all of them' good enough for a very good and highly ambitious 1st Division outfit such as ourselves.

• Mido available on a free.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would be a real coup to get Andrews as I thought he has not looked out of place in the finals and looks a prem player to me. Am pleased that we are even linked to players of this calibre. Not good enough for a newly promoted team from league one. Do me a favour and get a grip on reality.
  • Would be a real coup to get Andrews as I thought he has not looked out of place in the finals and looks a prem player to me. Am pleased that we are even linked to players of this calibre. Not good enough for a newly promoted team from league one. Do me a favour and get a grip on reality.
    Thought he looked less than average (4 out of 10 last night)...but there we are....that's my reality Shooters...what else can I say, I don't 'at this point' rate him....sorry if that's not to your liking.
    I've already said I may well be proved wrong and I'll happily put my hands up if I should be.......can't be more honest or in touch with reality than that can I?
    If he should sign for us I'll be behind him 100% and nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see him be a huge success....but he's gonna have to perform a lot better than he has in these last two Euro games to impress me.....Premiership candidate/quality or not.

• Dido availble on a free?
    Thought he looked less than average (4 out of 10 last night)...but there we are....that's my reality Shooters...what else can I say, I don't 'at this point' rate him....sorry if that's not to your liking.
    I've already said I may well be proved wrong and I'll happily put my hands up if I should be.......can't be more honest or in touch with reality than that can I?
    If he should sign for us I'll be behind him 100% and nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see him be a huge success....but he's gonna have to perform a lot better than he has in these last two Euro games to impress me.....Premiership candidate/quality or not.

Hmm, from what I've seen I think Andrews is a better midfielder than any we have at present. So I would be delighted if we got him.
  • I heard fuller was injured too. Flamini was the one who had varney really annoyed. Agreed a contract to leave marseille and while Charlton prepared the contract he hot footed it across town to arsenal! Nice
    But then he screwwed Arsenal a couple of years later, so I dont suppose it was personal.
    In fairness to Flamini, Arsenal had tried to screw him over the year before. Wenger wanted him to play left back, he refused, so Wenger tried to sell him to Birmingham. He fought and earnt his place back in central midfield, his real position, and then left for Milan. Good on him for doing that to Wenger when Wenger had tried to boot him out.
  • If SCP rates Andrews, then I'll trust his judgement.
  • Semido
  • Sponsored links:

• Renildo
  • Should've been Ronildo, but perhaps we could sign them both, along with Dildo
  • dildo
    Good at both ends. Big, decent in the box.
  • Could do with a bit of width?
  • dildo
    Very effective playing in the hole
  • not enough penetration though.
  • Rarely goes the full 90mins
  • Well suited to playing in the hole
  • Well suited to playing in the hole
    Aaaand we have a winner! (or wiener....whatever)

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!