Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Without one of Wagstaff or Green leaving I doubt a new right winger coming in.

Rest of post is spot on.
  • Of course. Going to be interesting to see if either of them (or any other first team players) leave this summer. It would be nice to think every player will step up but if Powell thinks he can improve the squad I'm sure he will.
  • Sticking my 2 pence in, I rate Green and think he should be given a chance in the championship
  • Sticking my 2 pence in, I rate Green and think he should be given a chance in the championship
    Got one hell of a throw in too for a little fella....an important feature of his play which shouldn't be overlooked.

• Redknapp has left Spurs? all over twitter.
  • Redknapp has left Spurs? all over twitter.
    Really?.
  • Seen that too, not a decision I'd support if I were a spurs fan.
  • This is on Twitter

Transfer Market Feed ‏@Signings_TDD
    Wycombe Wanderers striker Stuart Beavon is close to signing for League 1 side Sheffield United. #Sufc #blades #wycombefc

• If it is true it must be because he knows we and others in the CHampionship are not interested, or his agent is fishing for a better offer.
  • Sponsored links:

• My Boro-supporting mate's view on Hoyte:

'Right back but can play left, great athlete but is woeful crossing or shooting when attacking.
    Mou2 .....?
  • Think Beavon to #sufc is the right move for all three parties, hoping we are going to do better than than him. He also the ability to score goals at that level and will get game time for them.
  • Andrews - Last weekend I heard from two separate reliable (so far) sources that he is joining us. Both also said they expect Solly to go to West Ham though this was not as definate as Andrews joining. Let's see what happens and I will know whether to trust these sources again!!!
  • Dave Kitosn is the latest Twitter rumour, supposedly for £250,000. Always liked him when he was young, but then his career has nosedived
  • Would love the Andrews rumour to be true, but......
    1) Reckon a premiership club might step in.
    2) Just can't see us getting close to the wages he'd probably want

Not sure about Kitson. A few years ago maybe, but we need a younger striker/s in now
  • Think BBC on twitter were reporting Andrews was going to re-sign for WBA
  • Kitson would be good back-up. Mou2 as back up to Solly (assuming WHU is nonsense)? Surely anyone he has upset has left and CP knows his talent and has a track record for rehabilitating lost causes (MM, YK, BWP). Andrews good player but doesn't fit profile of young & hungry but then neither did Russell - if he (DR) was signing, surely should have been done by now?

• Mou2 as back up to Solly (assuming WHU is nonsense)? Surely anyone he has upset has left and CP knows his talent and has a track record for rehabilitating lost causes (MM, YK, BWP).

Trust me, he has lost his way big time, was awful when i saw him against Ebbsfleet.
  • Mou2 as back up to Solly (assuming WHU is nonsense)? Surely anyone he has upset has left and CP knows his talent and has a track record for rehabilitating lost causes (MM, YK, BWP).

Trust me, he has lost his way big time, was awful when i saw him against Ebbsfleet.
    This, I saw him against The Fleet, couldn't believe he was the same player who played for us.
  • edited June 2012
    CP knows his talent and has a track record for rehabilitating lost causes (MM, YK, BWP).
    BWP wasn't exactly a lost cause when he signed for Powell.

13 goals in his previous 16 matches for Plymouth Argyle (after nearly a year out with injury in the Championship), hardly sounds like he'd lost his way.
  • Sponsored links:

This, I saw him against The Fleet, couldn't believe he was the same player who played for us.
    Sad. Was it his first game, he was bringing it out of defence and a guy came charging in, he did that flick behind his standing leg and the guy charged past him. He strolled forward as though nothing had happened, supremely confident.

• More stuff off twitter:

Soccer Sauce ‏@soccer_sauce
    We understand Ricardo Fuller has held talks with Chris Powell over past couple of weeks. #MFC also interested in free agent #CAFC #ADDICKS
  • This thread was a tough read when some creditable names were being touted around, now we are on to Mou2 & Fuller it has just sunk to a new low
  • edited June 2012
    I'd be happy with Fuller. Wasn't Mou2 just a joke comparison with Hoyte, that has somehow become a rumour!?

• edited June 2012
    Mmmmmm...Ricardo Fuller, if he ever joined Charlton then Curb's would have a blue fit.
    I remember that some years back we, his club Tivoli Gardens, Fuller and his agent brokered a deal re some very expensive and at the time, career saving back surgery, which we paid for, only for various parties to re-neg on a deal for him to sign for us....he had been training with us for a while.
    I remember talking to Curbs in one of the lounges and he was livid and said he'd never forgive him/them.
    If Peter Varney remembers this...and no doubt he will, then one has to say his chances of signing for us would surely be pretty remote.
  • Yep i remember that. Maybe he should sign then as he obviously owes us one. That is of course, if the accounts of why he didn't sign for us are accurate.
  • edited June 2012
    I believe he actualy came back to Sparrows Lane recuperated and trained for a few months to get fit and then f****d us off, though I don't know the finer points of why it all went tyts up......obviously we put nothing in writing and when push came to shove, he walked.
    If my memory serves me right, I think Tivoli played a big part in it somehow or another.
  • Interesting re. Fuller - I'd alwas swallowed the official line that he was considered injured and too much of a risk . Have to say tha if he's interested enough to put in the required hours and workrate he'd be very appealing but as stated, PV might see things differently.
  • Interesting re. Fuller - I'd alwas swallowed the official line that he was considered injured and too much of a risk . Have to say tha if he's interested enough to put in the required hours and workrate he'd be very appealing but as stated, PV might see things differently.
    A motivated Fuller and Yann would be frightening at this level

• Would like Fuller he's still a good player but it's a no to Kitson for me.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!