Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• I heard fuller was injured too. Flamini was the one who had varney really annoyed. Agreed a contract to leave marseille and while Charlton prepared the contract he hot footed it across town to arsenal! Nice
  • I heard fuller was injured too. Flamini was the one who had varney really annoyed. Agreed a contract to leave marseille and while Charlton prepared the contract he hot footed it across town to arsenal! Nice
    But then he screwwed Arsenal a couple of years later, so I dont suppose it was personal.
  • Fuller would be a decent enough signing. Good prem experience but I think it will be either Fuller or Andrews. Can see Hoyte happening even if Solly stays
  • Sounds more like another case of the charlton mgmt not doing their joibs properly ref Fuler last time, why go and spend money on getting someone fit before you had a contract to say if the operation works well we will sign him, or we had a contract where we hold the players registration , we got what we deserved

i would have a fit motivated fuller all day long
  • Ahhhh finally a rumour I can comment on. Fuller was provided with assistance in his recovery from a back injury - we did not foot the bill (fact). We gave him the opportunity to come and regain his fitness at sparrows lane as he was someone we were interested in. We did provide him with a living allowance and housing. We never offered him a proper contract but we did offer a short term 6 week deal.

Fuller now? Yes. I know the guy and he'd do a great job for a year. He is fit and focussed.
  • edited June 2012
    Sounds more like another case of the charlton mgmt not doing their joibs properly ref Fuler last time, why go and spend money on getting someone fit before you had a contract to say if the operation works well we will sign him, or we had a contract where we hold the players registration , we got what we deserved

i would have a fit motivated fuller all day long
    We got what we deserved?
    Well obviously reading between the lines we and they came to a 'gentlemans agreement'. He came to us on trial....was found to have a career threatening condition (spinal I believe) we agreed to pay for it and he then used our physios, coaches and facilities to get fit again.
    You can say we got what we deserved or alternatively say they took an f'ing diabolical liberty......the club and Curbs took the later view and quite frankly nla, so do I.

• bangkok , maybe you could ask him to see if he has been in talks with powell ?
  • No he has not. Would be open to an offer. Looking for somewhere to train.
  • well that puts that rumour to bed then
  • Ahhhh finally a rumour I can comment on. Fuller was provided with assistance in his recovery from a back injury - we did not foot the bill (fact). We gave him the opportunity to come and regain his fitness at sparrows lane as he was someone we were interested in. We did provide him with a living allowance and housing. We never offered him a proper contract but we did offer a short term 6 week deal.

Fuller now? Yes. I know the guy and he'd do a great job for a year. He is fit and focussed.

Mmmmmm...Ricardo Fuller, if he ever joined Charlton then Curb's would have a blue fit.
    I remember that some years back we, his club Tivoli Gardens, Fuller and his agent brokered a deal re some very expensive and at the time, career saving back surgery, which we paid for, only for various parties to re-neg on a deal for him to sign for us....he had been training with us for a while.
    I remember talking to Curbs in one of the lounges and he was livid and said he'd never forgive him/them.
    If Peter Varney remembers this...and no doubt he will, then one has to say his chances of signing for us would surely be pretty remote.

2 sides to a story SA

when we were looking at Fuller i would say if your side is true then we were niave and we def got what we deserved for not having our business brain engaged and focused on how much of a slimey game football is, both curbs and varney were long enough in the tooth to know better and wouldve learned a tough lesson

the story i heard at the time was based on a short term deal and that he was fuming with us for offering it to him, i heard it from a a pal who grew up with him in Jamaca who i was working with at the time and who was with him for a fair amount of the days that Ricardo was with Charlton

didnt really care at the time because i hadnt heard of Fuller and didnt see it as a missed opportunity

• Sponsored links:

• Heard from a really good source that were going for Steve Davies of derby. Its us or Ipswich but his mother in law is from charlton.
    My mother in law is from Orpington - but there's probably little chance the club are looking to sign me.
    My mother in law is from Germany , & once lived in Orpington perhaps we are going to sign Mario Gomez?

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_report/0,,11065_3472057,00.html
  • Has Oliver Norwood been mentioned as a possible at all, leaving Man U and surely won't go down to league 1 with Coventry who he loaned for last season.
  • Has Oliver Norwood been mentioned as a possible at all, leaving Man U and surely won't go down to league 1 with Coventry who he loaned for last season.
    Yup....quite a few posts re him a few days back.

• Another striker from FR

Sloan Privat - Age? 22 "tick" , Height? 6' 1" "tick", Goals? 20 in 36 games "tick", Nationality? French "Cross". When have we ever done well with French strikers?

: - )
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sloan_Privat

Sloan Privat - Age? 22 "tick" , Height? 6' 1" "tick", Goals? 20 in 36 games "tick", Nationality? French "Cross". When have we ever done well with French strikers?

Wouldn't hedge against it...

• I know it was probably hacked but this is what Andrews's wikipedia entry says

Keith Joseph Andrews (born 13 September 1980 in Dublin) is an Irish association footballer who plays as a defensive midfielder for English Championship club Charlton Athletic and the Republic of Ireland national football team. With Ireland he has played at UEFA Euro 2012.
  • theres no probably about it
  • Sponsored links:

• So what bit was hacked? The piece about an Irish international footballer being born in Ireland?

He's from Cayenne so he should pepper things up a bit!
  • So what bit was hacked? The piece about an Irish international footballer being born in Ireland?
    Whheeeyyyyy!

Very good return for a young striker I must say!

No doubt he came good on Football Manager for someone - never gonna happen

Very good return for a young striker I must say!

No doubt he came good on Football Manager for someone - never gonna happen

He was awesome on FM for Charlton.
  • We have NO chance of getting Andrews no IMO
  • edited June 2012
    We have NO chance of getting Andrews no IMO
    Why don't we?
  • Because looking how good the guy is at the euro I reckon he is a prem player
  • Because looking how good the guy is at the euro I reckon he is a prem player
    I concur. Said this the other day. Looks a very good player still.
  • @neilperrettecho: #afcb "understood" to be on the trail of a striker from abroad, #cafc duo Leon Clarke and Paul Hayes not thought to be targets.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!