Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Heard from a really good source that were going for Steve Davies of derby. Its us or Ipswich but his mother in law is from charlton.
    My mother in law is from Orpington - but there's probably little chance the club are looking to sign me.
    According to various press reports he wants to move for 'genuine family reasons ' , as he is from Liverpool our only chance of signing him would be if his wife's family is southern based .The link with Ipswich has been reported widely.

• Well according to all the middlesbrough fans. They are making out that Justin hoyte is probably the worst right back in the world.. Despite playing for arsenal
  • Heard from a really good source that were going for Steve Davies of derby. Its us or Ipswich but his mother in law is from charlton.
    If was me; I would pick Ipswich!

• Wagstaff can track back, but when face on with someone running at him he is easy to go past
  • edited June 2012
    Heard from a really good source that were going for Steve Davies of derby. Its us or Ipswich but his mother in law is from charlton.
    My mother in law is from Orpington - but there's probably little chance the club are looking to sign me.
    According to various press reports he wants to move for 'genuine family reasons ' , as he is from Liverpool our only chance of signing him would be if his wife's family is southern based .The link with Ipswich has been reported widely.

Is he right in the head?

Most people would say that they'd want to move as far away from their mother in law as possible.

Well, according to Les Dawson.

:o)

Is he right in the head?

Most people would say that they'd want to move as far away from their mother in law as possible.

Well, according to Les Dawson.

:o)

LOL

Surely that means he's Ipswich bound. ;)

Are both your mothers in law from Orpington? :-)
  • If Green had been a free transfer he wouldn't be a flop, but from what I gather we paid a fair bit for him, at least £200k, someone may correct me and say whether it was more or less than that.

Green is still highly rated, so it would be clever of Powell to sell him now, and get a decent fee, having seen that he probably wouldn't be good enough in the Championship.

But, hey, I hope I'm proved wrong and he is better next season than he was in League One.
    Did you see Green play last season?
    Yes. He was pretty average. Poor corners, no left foot, wasteful shooting, no pace, can't beat his man and rarely put a good cross in. But as I say, that's based on seeing just over half our games. Perhaps the other 45% of matches would have made me feel differently. Perhaps Chris Powell feels the same as me, given that he got dropped for Wagstaff and N'Guessan and finished the season as 3rd choice right winger.
  • Well according to all the middlesbrough fans. They are making out that Justin hoyte is probably the worst right back in the world.. Despite playing for arsenal
    Hoyte's pretty poor. I can't see us going for him, unless we wanted to sell Solly or Wiggins. And he's worse at left back than he is right back.
  • Sponsored links:

• If Green had been a free transfer he wouldn't be a flop, but from what I gather we paid a fair bit for him, at least £200k, someone may correct me and say whether it was more or less than that.

Green is still highly rated, so it would be clever of Powell to sell him now, and get a decent fee, having seen that he probably wouldn't be good enough in the Championship.

But, hey, I hope I'm proved wrong and he is better next season than he was in League One.
    Yes. He was pretty average. Poor corners, no left foot, wasteful shooting, no pace, can't beat his man and rarely put a good cross in. But as I say, that's based on seeing just over half our games. Perhaps the other 45% of matches would have made me feel differently. Perhaps Chris Powell feels the same as me, given that he got dropped for Wagstaff and N'Guessan and finished the season as 3rd choice right winger.
    I thought he was ill at the end of the season, rather than dropped?
  • edited June 2012
    Heard from a really good source that were going for Steve Davies of derby. Its us or Ipswich but his mother in law is from charlton.
    I've asked my contact at Pride Park, if there was any truth in the rumour.
    His answer was "Hope so".

Asked him if he was trying to get him off their books.

His answer was:
    No, good player who just needs a fresh challenge.
  • I wasn't that impressed by Green last season either. I still lose sleep over the game where he shirked that tackle (stevenage at home?)
  • Not that many better full backs than SCP so if he wants Hoyte then that's good enough for me.
  • In fairness, boro want to keep Hoyte, so he can't be that bad.

Green appears to be this years Simon Francis. Because he is keeping a Charlton Boy out of the team (Waggy) he is disliked however Francis and Green could/can deliver a cross that nobody else could or can.

Green has a thunderous shot, very often gets his strike on target, has more pace than people give credit for, has a trick (unlike Waggy). If we can get the best out of him we could have a truly superb player.

Waggy on the other hand - well I can't see that he is much more than an athlete with an eye for goal.

Green appears to be this years Simon Francis. Because he is keeping a Charlton Boy out of the team (Waggy) he is disliked however Francis and Green could/can deliver a cross that nobody else could or can.

Green has a thunderous shot, very often gets his strike on target, has more pace than people give credit for, has a trick (unlike Waggy). If we can get the best out of him we could have a truly superb player.

Waggy on the other hand - well I can't see that he is much more than an athlete with an eye for goal.

Apart from leading in terms of assists, Green also gained us 4 points in the West Country, with the winning goals against Exeter and Yeovil.

• Green appears to be this years Simon Francis. Because he is keeping a Charlton Boy out of the team (Waggy) he is disliked however Francis and Green could/can deliver a cross that nobody else could or can.

Dont agree, Francis was not disliked because he was keeping a Charlton boy out, he was disliked because he had 2 left feet.
  • It could be argued that Green is a Charlton boy.

• Dont agree, Francis was not disliked because he was keeping a Charlton boy out, he was disliked because he had 2 left feet.
    Francis was given a hard time initially because he was keeping Solly out of the team. The barracking he continually got then started to effect him. He seems to be doing OK for Bournemouth.

I agree that Solly is by far the better player, but whoever comes in and replaces any of our homegrown palyers are given a rough ride.
  • Sponsored links:

• MLSMLS
    edited June 2012
    Really don't know why people favour Wagstaff over Green. Really don't see what Wagstaff offers other than the occasional goal. Even his nickname is irritating.
  • Can we just keep this thread for Rumour's rather than another long winded debate about Green and Wagstaff
  • Can we just keep this thread for Rumour's rather than another long winded debate about Green and Wagstaff
    Yes this.
  • My Boro-supporting mate's view on Hoyte:

'Right back but can play left, great athlete but is woeful crossing or shooting when attacking. I like him and he would be a good signing. Also he looks like the cartoon character morph.'
  • FR suggesting Billy Kee Burton Albion striker who would have been at Leicester with SCP. One for the future? Scored 12 in 20 (14 starts) this season just finished

Only 5' 9" though so clearly not good enough : - )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Kee
  • Don't know if anyone has pointed this out but yet again Daily Star go all out on reporting on us http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/255038/Charlton-want-Keith-Andrews/?
  • Don't know if anyone has pointed this out but yet again Daily Star go all out on reporting on us http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/255038/Charlton-want-Keith-Andrews/?
    I didn't think it was possible... But that is actually WORSE than the previous article
    I think they got the story off this site.
    And to think, some lucky sod gets paid for that.
  • It was clear early last season there was little between Green and Wagstaff, and that's still true now.

Similar level of performances, goals & assists, average ratings in statbank and games played last season. Without ignoring certain weaknesses I'm not sure how anyone can claim one or the other is a much better player.

Still hoping we sign a new right winger.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!