Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Southampton will spend Big this summer I think.
  • I'd trust CL statbank more than Soccernet. I remember the FL site gave Green an assist in the game Haynes flicked on one of his corners to the scorer.
    Thank you -:)

• "Alonso was not a Powell signing"

Yes he was. But a manager can't get them all right. He's made fantastic signings in Wiggins, BWP, Hollands, Kermorgant, Morrison, Taylor, Cort, Hamer... So you can forgive him the flops - Alonso, Clarke, Green.
    You think Green was a flop? He has the most assists in our team, despite not playing the first few games of the season and missed a handful at the end. Alonso was only a flop through injuries, nothing anyone could have done. Clarke not a flop either in my opinion, flop for first team football, but sale value is more than Beno so worth the deal we made.

Sale value is less than wages plus signing on fee.
  • I'd trust CL statbank more than Soccernet.

I remember the FL site gave Green an assist in the game Haynes flicked on one of his corners to the scorer.
    To be fair, Scoham ......it's hard to tell Green and Haynes apart.

:o)
  • Well, they're both called Danny.
  • From FR

Pretty comprehensive list. No comment on the name but spot on regarding the positions. Mostly likely read Covered End Junior's inside info on CL.

-------------------------------------------

10 Jun 2012 18:10:47
    Charlton chasing the following players in the following positions ,they will not sign them all and some are either ors

Goalkeeper Ben Alnwick ,David Button ,Conrad Logan or Jimmy Walker

Right Back Gavin Hoyte ,Stuart Parnaby

Centre Backs Kyle Bartley ,Michael Turner ,Tamas Kadar Darren Purse and Darren O'Dea

Central Mid field Keith Andrews ,Hayden Mullins ,Dean Parrett , Darrel Russell and John Bostock

Left Mid field Stephen Quinn ,Anthony Wordsworth,Julian Gray or Sanchez Watt.

Striker Martyn Waghorn ,Sam Baldock or Francois Zoko

-------------------------------------------------
  • every player we have recently been linked with plus turner, mullins & purse for good luck! may have the right positions but certainly no inside info here!
  • From that list, I'd take: Bartley, Quinn, Wordsworth and Baldock.
  • Wasn't Parnaby on trial a while ago? Can't see that having much legs as surely he would only be back up
  • every player we have recently been linked with plus turner, mullins & purse for good luck! may have the right positions but certainly no inside info here!
    This.

lol
  • Sponsored links:

• They missed Kevin Phillips out
  • Alnwick was a super keeper a few years ago - probably too good to be a number two at our club though

He'll be pushing to be a number one somewhere in our division I would think
  • edited June 2012
    Some stuff off Twatter:

Alex Aldridge ‏@accordingtoaldo
    Told this morning that midfielder Keith Andrews is set to sign a two-year deal with #WBA after #EURO2012. #Celtic and #CAFC had been linked.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP
    Sounding like #cafc target Michael Jacobs set to sign for Derby County. The Addicks resigned to missing out on the Northampton midfielder.
  • Big challenge for Powell this summer last season we got pretty much anyone we were in for this time round we will miss out on a lot more
  • can't see Andrews dropping down a division - esp afetr last night as i thought he was ROI's best player.
  • Could be that - or, more likely, we have a large number of players we are interested in and we also have limits on what we will pay for them.

Andrews played well last night - likely to be sought after if he plays like that. Looked Prem quality to me so that was always a long shot

No idea about the other chap so I'm guessing it's someone we were willing to take a punt on - maybe a cheap bargain but nobody worth breaking the bank for

I'm confident we will get a few new names in the near future - and I think we might raise a few eyebrows with the signings
  • can't see Andrews dropping down a division - esp afetr last night as i thought he was ROI's best player.
    I thought Ireland were aweful and Andrews was not much better, our first team would have given Ireland a game last night, we can do better than Andrews
  • Andrews was involved a lot last night, missed a few decent chances but played ok IMO. Think he is too good to drop down if WBA don't want them, then think he would be a good freebie for a team like Reading.
  • Big challenge for Powell this summer last season we got pretty much anyone we were in for this time round we will miss out on a lot more
    completely agree but I still think we have the potential to sign some very good players.
  • I doubt we will sign any "names" and all of our signings will underwhelm us and then go on to being top notch.
  • Sponsored links:

• If Green had been a free transfer he wouldn't be a flop, but from what I gather we paid a fair bit for him, at least £200k, someone may correct me and say whether it was more or less than that.

Green is still highly rated, so it would be clever of Powell to sell him now, and get a decent fee, having seen that he probably wouldn't be good enough in the Championship.

But, hey, I hope I'm proved wrong and he is better next season than he was in League One.
  • I doubt we will sign any "names" and all of our signings will underwhelm us and then go on to being top notch.
    More than likely. Powell knows what he's doing, and the reality is that as Mike said, it's going to be harder this Summer because anyone we want will most probably have another 4-5 Championship clubs after him too. But Chris Powell found some real gems, and could do so again.

I wonder if there will be any season long loans. Someone like Korey Smith at Norwich might be useful. He was injured for much of last season and didn't play for them at all, hence he's down in their pecking order, but he's still young and has played Championship football, so a full season would probably benefit him, us and them too potentially.
  • More talk about Solly going to WH, it's on talksport, doubt we will let him go.
  • If Green had been a free transfer he wouldn't be a flop, but from what I gather we paid a fair bit for him, at least £200k, someone may correct me and say whether it was more or less than that.

Green is still highly rated, so it would be clever of Powell to sell him now, and get a decent fee, having seen that he probably wouldn't be good enough in the Championship.

But, hey, I hope I'm proved wrong and he is better next season than he was in League One.
    I'm jus
    If Green had been a free transfer he wouldn't be a flop, but from what I gather we paid a fair bit for him, at least £200k, someone may correct me and say whether it was more or less than that.

I'm just glad you're not in charge then !!! IMHO Green is better than Waggy - maybe didn't get the number of goals that Waggy got last season but had plenty of shots and his crossing (which, by the way, is why he is in the team) is miles better than Waggy's..............maybe you are one of the thousands that don't go away from home and so didn;t see the best of him - his run cross at MK Dons that set up Yann's goal and his contributions at Chesterfield are just acouple that spring to mind.
  • Fair point. I didn't get to as many away games last season as usual, so maybe I'm only able to judge on half of the full picture, so I could well have a totally different perspective if I'd got to a few more away games. In fact, I think I only went to one, Stevenage, in which Green probably had his most ineffectual performance all season. I was going to the Chesterfield away match on the original date, but couldn't make the re-arranged date.

Not a massive Wagstaff fan either but when he stopped whingeing to the ref and linesman and started to play football in the last couple of months he contributed a lot more than in the first six months of the season.

I personally would like us to buy a right winger. But that depends who's around and what money we have. It's not a priority position. A central midfielder who is a bit more combative is the main priority, then a striker or two to help out Yann & BWP
  • @FL_rumours: Bradley Wright Phillips is a target for Burnley after the sale of Jay Rodriguez to premiership team Southampton. #rumours”
  • @FL_rumours: Bradley Wright Phillips is a target for Burnley after the sale of Jay Rodriguez to premiership team Southampton. #rumours”
    Straight swap for Austin would be tempting. Although I reckon BWP will have a good season for us.
  • Although I reckon BWP will have a good season for us.
    Especially if he doesn't move to Burnley
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!