Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• According to Wikipedia we signed zoko on a 3 year deal??? </block
    link?
  • ive heard from my friends who support carlise zokos their best player so would at least give him a chance to prove himself could be a great signing
    28 year old from league one no thanks
    Have to say he did little in the three times we played Carlisle this season.

Then again, Chris Powell has got it right thus far, so if he thinks Zoko is worth a go then fair enough.
  • I

Thats a strange comment! Kermogant is a 30 year old from league one, do you want him?
    Kermorgant is better than this guy
  • I

Thats a strange comment! Kermogant is a 30 year old from league one, do you want him?
    Kermorgant is better than this guy
    You know that now but you didn't before we signed him and he played for us.

• From what I've heard his best attribute is his work rate and the fans love him for it which is good enough for me
  • Just looked on a couple of Blades sites and we are not quoted for Quinn .

Ipswich where his brother played seem to be favourites and Blackpool , Derby ,Middlesborough and Watford are mentioned as possible destinatons .

Additionally ,they believe Warnock might go after him for Leeds .
  • Warnock been quoted that they were in for a player but we were offering better wages, reckon it's him
  • http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/index.php?topic=4445&limit=3

Warnock said: “Coming up, there’s Charlton, who will be strong.

“Already I’ve enquired about one particular player and I know Charlton are willing to pay a fortune for him, wages-wise, so they are obviously having a go and will maybe sign two or three on big money.
  • Not sure we will be paying "fortunes" on wages, based on what was reported about how much we were paying in League 1 last year, can't see us reverting back to our last Championship wage policy.

Although is nice to see Warnock saying we will be strong next season.
  • Wiggins, Green, Hamer, Hollands etc. did not choose us last year over championship clubs because we're a nice club, it's because we rewarded them well. Whether in wages, bonuses or promotion clauses I get a feeling we paid more than most.

It was the Curbs way to supplement modest wages with incentive based bonuses said Eddie Youds - maybe that's the route we're going again.
  • Sponsored links:

“Already I’ve enquired about one particular player and I know Charlton are willing to pay a fortune for him, wages-wise, so they are obviously having a go and will maybe sign two or three on big money.
    That's exciting. Wonder who we're in for?

Think I read somewhere or maybe dreamt it that it's David Norris
  • Think we will spend but don't read too much into what another club's manager says especially a master of spin like Warnock.

He's playing down the expectations of the Leeds fans. Remember how other managers and fans kept saying Charlton had bought the league last season.
  • edited June 2012
    http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/index.php?topic=4445&limit=3

Think I read somewhere or maybe dreamt it that it's David Norris
    sheffield wednesday are trying to get him
  • Norris would be an out of character buy for Powell I reckon. 31 and had lots of clubs. I guess he may want an experienced Championship midfielder to help the likes of Hollands and Stephens.
  • Think we will spend but don't read too much into what another club's manager says especially a master of spin like Warnock.

He's playing down the expectations of the Leeds fans. Remember how other managers and fans kept saying Charlton had bought the league last season.
    It’s just a way of making it easier for them to deny their own flaws when we stuff the whole league and finish top.

It’s just a way of making it easier for them to deny their own flaws when we stuff the whole league and finish top.
    Yep
  • ive heard from my friends who support carlise zokos their best player so would at least give him a chance to prove himself could be a great signing
    Have to say he did little in the three times we played Carlisle this season.

Then again, Chris Powell has got it right thus far, so if he thinks Zoko is worth a go then fair enough.
    Leon Clarke? Alonso?
  • When do the players return to training?
  • When do the players return to training?
    Usually aroun July 1st I think.

• Sponsored links:

• edited June 2012
    Leon Clarke was a barter deal I reckon, Bensons contract was running out and the only value in him was this deal. If the club gets only 50 grand for Clarke from Crawley then the Benson swap would have been a good deal. As for Alonso I reckon that was the only transfer Chris had very little input in, my hunch is that the bloke who arranged this left the club a few months afterwards.
  • When did we sign our first players last year ?
  • Could be Keith Andrews he is refering to? Likely he was on a fairly decent wage at Blackburn.
  • edited June 2012
    Alonso's signing was a bit like Yann's in that it was a bit out of left field compared to the rest and a bit of a gamble. Yann's paid off massively and he was a huge find (personal POTY). Alonso got injured, never got fit and did not get close to the first team.

Leon Clarke scored plenty for Chesterfield in L1 but never looked like a better option than what we had, looked slightly unfit and worringly for us, did not look like he'd cut it in the Championship.
  • Training starts 5th July.
  • We took Leon Clarke more to get Benson off our books than anything else. He had scored goals in League 1 so it was a gamble, didn't pay off but I am sure he'll find himself at Crawley or somewhere similar
  • 2 signings in 20 odd by SCP is damn good! A lot of managers have a lot worse ratio of great signings to duds
  • Warnock is the man who said we were getting earnshaw iirc?
  • We took Leon Clarke more to get Benson off our books than anything else. He had scored goals in League 1 so it was a gamble, didn't pay off but I am sure he'll find himself at Crawley or somewhere similar
    Agreed. Clarke was a makeweight that Swindon obviously wanted off the books in order to clinch Benson. Think we took Clarke with no expectation and so it turned out.

Agreed. Clarke was a makeweight that Swindon obviously wanted off the books in order to clinch Benson. Think we took Clarke with no expectation and so it turned out.

Agree but remember Clarke was on the bench for us for a while and even came on a few times.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!