Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• so many rumours for us on there, we'll have been linked with every player in the championship by August
  • Wouldn't mind dale Jennings and Ricardo fuller , rumours on twitter that Michael turner is wanted by Chrissy Powell
    Turner rumour might have legs. Was on a train at beginning of March and overheard a conversation between the mother of Michaels wife and another woman in which she said Micheal nearly came back in January but as the window was now closed in could happen in the summer.
  • edited May 2012
    The Turner rumour was on football rumours, I was going to post it but didn't because of where it was from.

It would be a great signing though.
  • One of my staff knows Michael Turner really well as he used to coach him. He goes to Sunderland to visit regularly

I'll probe him tomorrow
  • Yeah was speaking to someone on twitter who said its a strong rumour up in Sunderland
  • edited May 2012
    Michael Turner would be a great signing. I know he hasn't done that great for Sunderland recently but I'm sure he was good when he first joined and was immense for Hull in the Prem. Easily top-half Championship standard and I don't think he's that old either?

Seems strange that we are re-picking up quite a few players that we let go from our youth system, Campbell-Ryce next?
  • Signing Turner would be a real statement of intent. Definitely a Prem class defender, and still relatively young for a player in his position.
  • Is this the same michael turner that made 29 appareances last season for sunderland?
  • He's 28, so a good age, but more importantly he's 6'4!
  • can't see him fancying dropping from regular play for sunderland to playing for us
  • Sponsored links:

• http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/sunderland-afc/safc-news/2012/05/24/michael-turner-confident-he-will-hit-ground-running-next-season-72703-31035230/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

two hopes
    That was then this is now. Players soon drop out of favour or become casualties of team rebuilding. Ask Matt Taylor ? Not saying there is any truth or not in this rumour but dont think for one minute what that article says would make much difference.
  • Don't think the mysterons will be looking to pay 40k pw for Turner .... But there again he might be a footballer asking for a decrease cos he knows he's being paid too much
    I'm sure that would please the freak shows morally high grounded amongst us
  • There a quite a few people on that released list I would really like.
  • Tamas Kadar is on the PFA free transfer list ,I know its Football Rumours but his name has cropped up a few times now .

Nothing against Matt Taylor ,but I'm not sure that he could step up give the fact that he is 30 and has never played above L1 . He is quite slow as well .

Turner ,Kadar ,Cort and Morrison would be as good a set of CB's as any in the CCC .
  • One of my staff knows Michael Turner really well as he used to coach him. He goes to Sunderland to visit regularly

I'll probe him tomorrow
    If that's what it takes to get information, you go for it ;-)
  • Today on the ever reliable FR , probably rubbish but Wordsworth has been a strong rumour throughout the summer not just from this source .

Is the info about Bailey's family correct ? if he did return I suspect Boro would want their money back on him ,would this also mean we could look to sign his best mate in football Puncheon.

28 May 2012 00:45:22
    Charlton set to lock talks with Wordsworth in the next few days after deal in the 750k region has been arranged. Colchester could play Charlton in a friendly too

27 May 2012 19:33:59
    Charlton will look to re-sign Middlesbrough midfielder nicky bailey. It is been rumoured he is unhappy up north and that his family still live in London

27 May 2012 16:46:17
    Charlton not only snooping around league 1 play off failures but have seen Eunan O'Kane (Torquay) at Sparrows Lane, along with Ryan Hall (Southend).

• Don't think Turner is the pacy centre back we need so would he be replacing Cort or Taylor?
  • Eden hazard has just tweeted that he has made his mind up on what club to go to..... Could be our big signing of the year.....
  • edited May 2012
    Eden hazard has just tweeted that he has made his mind up on what club to go to..... Could be our big signing of the year.....
    I think you mean Micky Hazard or Eddie Izzard

• Sponsored links:

• Why would we want Bailey back?
    Coz he's class?
    Coz he's class?
    And we need another song

Oh Nicky Bailey...

• is nicky bailey beter than hollands and stephens pritchard and hughes.. i think you would have to say yes.
  • I wouldn't play Bailey ahead of Jackson, Hollands or Stephens to be honest. I'd rather we looked to the future and put our faith in the player who got 101 points for us, than players who couldn't get the job done a couple of years ago.
  • Dale Jennings has been a bit found out by German football, no where near good enough
    I presume you've been following the German regional (reserve) leagues closely? The 19 year old completely failed to outst Robben and Ribery with multiple ligament damage. It's no surprise to me that a player of the same name has been released by Bury.

• Darren Purse anyone????????
  • The Moose from talksport reckons Zaha from Palace to West Ham with Balodck going the other way
  • edited May 2012
    Dale Jennings has been a bit found out by German football, no where near good enough
    I presume you've been following the German regional (reserve) leagues closely? The 19 year old completely failed to outst Robben and Ribery with multiple ligament damage. It's no surprise to me that a player of the same name has been released by Bury.

Nope, just listening to Raphael Honigstein on the Guardian football podcast, saying how Bayern were shocked by how unfit and lacking in technique when he arrived, even in reserve team football, and the knee injury were a lot to do with his lack of basic fitness and balance.
  • No way will we get Michael Turner.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!