Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• latest FR , nice to see our old friend Hayden Mullins make a reappearance on the thread ,with two new rumours about him .Still no Julian Gray or Darren Purse .

25 May 2012 18:35:34
    As a Charlton Fan I am fed up of all these ridiculous rumours surrounding my club, although most of them are not made up by Charlton fans. Therefore I thought I would put up the rumours that I believe to be true with my friends and links close to the club:

Sam Baldock (West Ham) - Has been mentioned before but Chris Powell is not interested in taking him on loan and will bid somewhere in the region of £1m for him but if West Ham do not want to sell him then Powell does not want him on loan.

Greg Halford (Portsmouth) - Has been linked to a return on a free, however unsure of whether he would be happy being a back up.

Keiran Lee (Oldham) - Apparently Powell is high on him and will look to move for him if Halford does not want to sign.

Karleigh Osborne (Brentford) - As a free agent he has gained some interest but Charlton are high up on the list of potential destinations.

Anthony Wordsworth (Colchester) - I have an advantage on this one as a Charlton fan but also Colchester is a local team for me and I have friends with links to that club as well so I can confirm that Charlton have approached Colchester and Wordsworth is keen to talk to Charlton. That is all that has happened at the moment. Fee would be around £800k.

Sam Saunders (Brentford) - Was talked about early on but Powell prefers Wordsworth and so will probably not look to pursue Saunders in the foreseeable future.

Stuart Beavon (Wycombe) - Powell keen on Beavon but once again only if he can not convince West Ham and Baldock to sell. Potentially Paul Hayes to go the other way.

Paul Coutts (Preston) - Powell wants to add a CM with some quality and it seems Coutts fits the bill for him. CAFC ready to test Preston with a bid in the region of £350k.

Dany N'Guessan (Millwall) - After a good loan spell at the club, Powell is keen to add N'Guessan but seems Millwall want a player in return (Wagstaff was mentioned) but Powell keen not to get rid of his side from this season gone.

That is all the rumours at Charlton with any foundations. Therefore any others on here are wrong and should not be listened to.

25 May 2012 16:25:19
    Southampton:

Done deals (almost):
    James McFadden Free

In (Targets):
    Matt Phillips £3 million
    Paul Robinson Free
    Michael Owen Free
    Jermaine Defoe £6 million
    Salomon Kalou Free

Out:
    Lee Barnard to Watford £700,000
    Jason Puncheon to Birmingham £1 million
    Dan Seabourne to Charlton £400,000
    Ryan Dickson to Leeds £200,000

25 May 2012 16:17:34
    Charlton are in talks with Wycombe regarding a swap deal for Stuart Beavon and giving Paul Hayes, along with a fee.

25 May 2012 15:05:37
    charlton shall be making a raid on tottenham for their youth players. Andros Townend, John Bostock and Danny Rose are top of the list

25 May 2012 13:51:54
    West Ham's Sam Baldock will be loaned out by Big Sam next season, with Charlton Athletic, Crystal Palace, Ipswich Town and Nottingham Forest all interested.

25 May 2012 09:45:31
    Charlton to sign Hayden Mullins ,John Bostock,Tamas Kadar ,Ben Alnwick ,Sam Baldock and Sanchez Watt

In a long rumour about derby they have this tit bit

Karleigh Osbourne-Released from Brentford(Charlton and Notts forest have offered him one aswell)

25 May 2012 00:38:26
    Charlton to sign Jay DeMerit and Hayden Mullins

24 May 2012 22:05:47
    Preston midfielder Paul Coutts is set to
    sign for Charlton in the next few days.
    Having a medical tomorrow. Fee of
    £200,000.

• edited May 2012
    Always like reading the rumours thread. The anticipation of signings is always worth it, even if most of this lot is fiction of the highest/lowest order. Latest one on FR this morning seems to suggest we may finally get something out of the fabled Inter tie-up. Didn't know of the guy, but check the goal out as well...if he's done that more than once...I'd take him :-)

25 May 2012 18:53:50
    Flew into London from Milan this morning and got talking to Cristiano Biraghi, the Inter and Italian U21 Centre Half, who said he was on his way for talks with Charlton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtGcg5dcJpA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Baldock is on 15/- a week at West Ham so if any deal is done they will still have to pay part of his salary.
  • Fifteen bob, surely we can afford 15 shillings pre decimal.
    Some of Dowie & Pardew's signings were 2 bob.
  • more like three penny bits.
  • Baldock is on 15/- a week at West Ham so if any deal is done they will still have to pay part of his salary.
    If that's true (not suggesting you are telling porkies) then I can't see this one taking off unless it's only a loan and Spam pick up some of the tab.

• Always like reading the rumours thread. The anticipation of signings is always worth it, even if most of this lot is fiction of the highest/lowest order. Latest one on FR this morning seems to suggest we may finally get something out of the fabled Inter tie-up. Didn't know of the guy, but check the goal out as well...if he's done that more than once...I'd take him :-)

25 May 2012 18:53:50
    Flew into London from Milan this morning and got talking to Cristiano Biraghi, the Inter and Italian U21 Centre Half, who said he was on his way for talks with Charlton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtGcg5dcJpA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

What nonsense.
    Not sure if Glikstein can afford that much. We'll probably have to sell Bonds to justify the expenditure.

• edited May 2012
    I wonder if we keep reading that we are linked with Hayden Mullins, we might eventually think it is a good idea?
  • Sponsored links:

• latest FR , nice to see our old friend Hayden Mullins make a reappearance on the thread ,with two new rumours about him .Still no Julian Gray or Darren Purse .

25 May 2012 18:35:34
    As a Charlton Fan I am fed up of all these ridiculous rumours surrounding my club, although most of them are not made up by Charlton fans. Therefore I thought I would put up the rumours that I believe to be true with my friends and links close to the club:

Sam Baldock (West Ham) - Has been mentioned before but Chris Powell is not interested in taking him on loan and will bid somewhere in the region of £1m for him but if West Ham do not want to sell him then Powell does not want him on loan.

Greg Halford (Portsmouth) - Has been linked to a return on a free, however unsure of whether he would be happy being a back up.

Keiran Lee (Oldham) - Apparently Powell is high on him and will look to move for him if Halford does not want to sign.

Karleigh Osborne (Brentford) - As a free agent he has gained some interest but Charlton are high up on the list of potential destinations.

Anthony Wordsworth (Colchester) - I have an advantage on this one as a Charlton fan but also Colchester is a local team for me and I have friends with links to that club as well so I can confirm that Charlton have approached Colchester and Wordsworth is keen to talk to Charlton. That is all that has happened at the moment. Fee would be around £800k.

Sam Saunders (Brentford) - Was talked about early on but Powell prefers Wordsworth and so will probably not look to pursue Saunders in the foreseeable future.

Stuart Beavon (Wycombe) - Powell keen on Beavon but once again only if he can not convince West Ham and Baldock to sell. Potentially Paul Hayes to go the other way.

Paul Coutts (Preston) - Powell wants to add a CM with some quality and it seems Coutts fits the bill for him. CAFC ready to test Preston with a bid in the region of £350k.

Dany N'Guessan (Millwall) - After a good loan spell at the club, Powell is keen to add N'Guessan but seems Millwall want a player in return (Wagstaff was mentioned) but Powell keen not to get rid of his side from this season gone.

That is all the rumours at Charlton with any foundations. Therefore any others on here are wrong and should not be listened to.

25 May 2012 16:25:19
    Southampton:

Done deals (almost):
    James McFadden Free

In (Targets):
    Matt Phillips £3 million
    Paul Robinson Free
    Michael Owen Free
    Jermaine Defoe £6 million
    Salomon Kalou Free

Out:
    Lee Barnard to Watford £700,000
    Jason Puncheon to Birmingham £1 million
    Dan Seabourne to Charlton £400,000
    Ryan Dickson to Leeds £200,000

25 May 2012 16:17:34
    Charlton are in talks with Wycombe regarding a swap deal for Stuart Beavon and giving Paul Hayes, along with a fee.

25 May 2012 15:05:37
    charlton shall be making a raid on tottenham for their youth players. Andros Townend, John Bostock and Danny Rose are top of the list

25 May 2012 13:51:54
    West Ham's Sam Baldock will be loaned out by Big Sam next season, with Charlton Athletic, Crystal Palace, Ipswich Town and Nottingham Forest all interested.

25 May 2012 09:45:31
    Charlton to sign Hayden Mullins ,John Bostock,Tamas Kadar ,Ben Alnwick ,Sam Baldock and Sanchez Watt

In a long rumour about derby they have this tit bit

Karleigh Osbourne-Released from Brentford(Charlton and Notts forest have offered him one aswell)

25 May 2012 00:38:26
    Charlton to sign Jay DeMerit and Hayden Mullins

24 May 2012 22:05:47
    Preston midfielder Paul Coutts is set to
    sign for Charlton in the next few days.
    Having a medical tomorrow. Fee of
    £200,000.

Some good players there. Sam Baldock would be a great addition to the front line. Greg Halford would have to prove that he thinks he is not too good for the club. The last loan deal was not a great success. He was competent enough. He had a tendency to hoof the ball, but they may have been because there was not much going on ahead of him.
    Not sure if Glikstein can afford that much. We'll probably have to sell Bonds to justify the expenditure.

Glikstein!! in that case sell Hinton, Bailey, Haydock, what the heck we'll be here all day listing them. Easier to sell the lot and keep one that can be Kieth Peacock.
  • Baldock on £15k? How an any club in the championship afford to pay a substitute striker £15k? This has to be bullsh*t, surely?
  • More FR

26 May 2012 16:33:17
    Charlton are going to attempt to sign Simeon Jackson from Norwich. The striker has been pushed down the pecking order at Carrow road and is looking for 1st team football.

26 May 2012 15:22:08
    Charlton will look to swoop for Sheffield United duo Stephen Quinn and Harry Maguire if the Blades miss out on promotion. Anthony Wordsworth of Colchester and Sam Baldock from West Ham are also high up on Chris Powell's transfer wish-list.

26 May 2012 13:27:50
    Charlton signings:-

Such a lot of crap has been posted on here, the only ones that are definitely goers at this moment in time are-

Anthony Wordsworth from Colchester
    Tamas Kadar from Newcastle (Both clubs haggling over fee)
    Sam Baldock from West Ham (but only as a purchase and NOT on a season long loan)

Anything else treat as very suspicious and if I see Jay Rodriguez's name linked one more time I'm gonna die laughing. Everton, Saints, Norwich and Fulham have all offered from 5 -7m for his services.

26 May 2012 08:22:55
    Andy Williams former Yeovil town striker is favourites to go to the mkdons on a free. also stuart beavon is also linked with a move to rivals mkdons but still millwall and charlton track the talented player

26 May 2012 00:13:29
    Alan Smith set for move to Charlton, Watford, Leeds or MK dons

• 26 May 2012 00:13:29

????????? The aged MK Dons striker Alan Smith ?

Quinn and McGuire are based in Yorkshire. Are they prepared to move to London rather than a northern or midlands based club ?

Glad to see some attempt for the wheat to be sorted from the FR chuff there RJ.

Thomas Kadar any good ?
  • 26 May 2012 00:13:29

????????? The aged MK Dons striker Alan Smith ?

Quinn and McGuire are based in Yorkshire. Are they prepared to move to London rather than a northern or midlands based club ?

Glad to see some attempt for the wheat to be sorted from the FR chuff there RJ.

Thomas Kadar any good ?
    Kadar is decent on football Manager :P
  • Kadar is left footed so is different to the cb's we have ,he has had lots of injuries and had a loan spell at Huddersfield a couple of years a ago.

He is good on FM.
  • edited May 2012
    Some realisticish rumors from FR:

26 May 2012 20:31:04
    charlton going to have to cough close to a million pounds for anthony wordsworth of colchester who is regarded as one of the best players in league 1 with 13 goals from centre mid and has the sweetest left foot in the football league

26 May 2012 16:33:17
    Charlton are going to attempt to sign Simeon Jackson from Norwich. The striker has been pushed down the pecking order at Carrow road and is looking for 1st team football.
  • Wordsworth is a younger jacko - really want him
  • Wordsworth for cash plus Hayes- wasn't their manager quoted as saying he'd put in a loan bid in Jan?
  • Sponsored links:

• Wordsworth for cash plus Hayes- wasn't their manager quoted as saying he'd put in a loan bid in Jan?
    This

• pfa list of released players:

http://www.thepfa.com/transferlist

• edited May 2012
    Wouldn't mind dale Jennings and Ricardo fuller , rumours on twitter that Michael turner is wanted by Chrissy Powell
  • Wouldn't mind dale Jennings and Ricardo fuller , rumours on twitter that Michael fuller is wanted by Chrissy Powell
    Isn't he at Bayern Munich?
  • Yeah but according to that website he is released ?
  • Dale Jennings has been a bit found out by German football, no where near good enough
  • I think it's a different Dale Jennigs
  • I think your right oaks!
  • I know it's a long shot but Danny Guthrie would show real intent!
  • And the ever reliable 'football rumours ' site is saying that Lewis mcgugan is having a medical with us after agreeing a 3yr deal !
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!