Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• There doesn't seem to be too much difference between the best of league one and the Championship in my opinion. The best of league one will definately be able to cope and we can pick up a few gems that others would not look at perhaps.
  • We had Ryan Hall on trial last summer and said no, seems unlikely we would go for him now given we have been promoted.
  • James Bailey - Never heard of him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bailey_(footballer)
    Are we signing him?

Based on anything?

Based on anything?
    A spirit came to me and said "I am the ghost of Charlton future".

Either that or a text message from an unreliable source

Based on anything?
    A spirit came to me and said "I am the ghost of Charlton future".

Either that or a text message from an unreliable source
    its on that very reliable source FR aswell
  • 23 year old midfielder who can also play right back (Solly cover). Sounds all right.
  • Fairly young and seems like he has potential but has lost his way a bit recently.

If there's any truth in this rumour, he could turn out to be another Michael Morrison - like signing
  • Playing everything early in the season for Derby, then injured, lost his place and coldn't break back into first team because his replacement was doing a good job. So - desperate for a place, kicking his heels at his present club through no fault of his own, 24 yrs old, lots of potential. Sounds like a CP signing!
  • Sponsored links:

• Lewis McGugan is mentioned on FR.
  • McGugan would be an immense signing
  • Would be happy with James Bailey but I would have thought he would cost close to 1million.
  • Looks like Jay Rodriguez is signing....For Southampton

Powell out....
  • Baily deserted us after an awful penalty in the play-offs, i dont understand why people want him back?
    Rubbish, he was our best player that season and carried the team one more than one occasion
    Don't want to turn to this into the merits or other of Nicky Bailey, as there is another thread for that (and take it away from majority made up football rumours, other BS, fantasy and speculation).

Nicky Bailey gave everything when he played, and you could not fault his commitment but for every glorious shot, there was a misplaced pass that lead to a conceded goal. Also a tendency for a Hollywood pass when a simple pass would do hence the skied play off penalty.

Maybe Middlesborough, has improved these areas of his play, as a holding centre midfielder, but how regularly does he play for Middlesborough ? They would also probably want a good chunk of money back for the Million plus they got for him. Really, would it be good for Nicky or Charlton to have him back ?
  • Craig Mackail Smith and Michael Turner... names ive heard whispered around the valley....
  • Craig Mackail Smith and Michael Turner... names ive heard whispered around the valley....
    How did you hear if they were whispering?
  • Also about Bailey above he and is family are loving life up north as my best mate is his brother in-law and will be moving up there to join him this summer. : (
    True, and his wifes younger brother has just been awarded a golfing academy entrance in the area by all accounts.

Yeah his wife's younger brother is my best friend (I don't know if that makes him his brother in law or not) that's why I put the : ( face because I'm losing my best friend not because I want Bailey back.
  • Also Simonsen anyone? Would be a good back up for Hamer and better than Sullivan. We just need to keep him away from taking penalty's.
    How did you hear if they were whispering?
    they were whispered to me!

• Sponsored links:

• NO KIT
    NO SIGNINGS...

NO CHANCE !
  • Found this reading through an article about Bristol City.....
    Charlton boss Chris Powell has been handed an expansive war chest to fund new signings, while Sheffield Wednesday manager Dave Jones and Huddersfield's Simon Grayson will also be given money to spend by ambitious owners.
  • NO KIT
    NO SIGNINGS...

NO CHANCE !
    This, talk about after the Lord Mayor's show, looks like we are back to same old Charlton. I feel for those who purchased their season tickets in the discount scheme.
  • This. Lol!!
  • Also about Bailey above he and is family are loving life up north as my best mate is his brother in-law and will be moving up there to join him this summer. : (
    True, and his wifes younger brother has just been awarded a golfing academy entrance in the area by all accounts.

Yeah his wife's younger brother is my best friend (I don't know if that makes him his brother in law or not) that's why I put the : ( face because I'm losing my best friend not because I want Bailey back.
    Oh fantastic, he's a really smashing young fella....you've got a very good mate there.....and yes that does make him his brother-in-law.
  • footballleaguegossip‏@FL_rumours

Peterborough have confirmed their interest in Dundee United midfielder Danny Swanson #PUFC # rumours
  • Stephen Gleeson signed a new two year contract with Mk Dons today!
  • Stephen Gleeson signed a new two year contract with Mk Dons today!
    Well this means we have not enquired about him.
  • Found this reading through an article about Bristol City.....
    Charlton boss Chris Powell has been handed an expansive war chest to fund new signings, while Sheffield Wednesday manager Dave Jones and Huddersfield's Simon Grayson will also be given money to spend by ambitious owners.
    Hmmm. Totally unsourced comment from Bristol City website, who may have connections to manager, who wants to stir up the Bristol City chairman / owner to spend more than planned due to lots of alleged competition from newly promoted clubs ?

The club spent astutely last season, with transfer fee and wages largely financed from the sale of Jenkinson to Arsenal. The club did just enough to be better than everyone else. There is no evidence that there is a lot of money available or they will spend big. It will depend on whats out there. I will be surprised if Charlton spend a seven figure sum (or if they do, there may be only one). The money available is probably available to meet championship wage levels rather than transfer fees. Using this strategy, it doesn't necessarily imply that we won't have some cracking additions to the squad. Look at Kermogant for example last season, what a warrior and excellent pick up he turned out to be.

reckon we'd have more chance signing Craig Revell-Horwood and Michael Flatley!

not disputing your possible sources though

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!